Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A strange dream depicting unknown facts about the star Betelgeuse

I was dreaming about the star to the upper left of Orion's belt which was visibly red and glowing. The other stars were blue and appeared cooler compared to red glowing star on the upper left.

(I have sometimes looked at the region of Orion’s belt in real life with my naked eyes before , but I had never observed this particular star glowing like that. From the earth, it appeared like every other star. But in the dream, it had the colour of the Sun and is glowing very brightly. For some strange reason, I believed it was the Egyptian God, Osiris himself).

The Orion's belt appeared many times larger than usual in the sky. The star was smaller in size than the Sun but was shining so many times brighter than Sun.It was directly above my head. My eyes hurt when I tried to look at it and so I turned my head downwards towards the ground to escape from its glare. Next thing, I remember being transported to the moon where alien like creatures are participating in bloodsport in order to decide who their next leader should be.

Now, after researching on the internet, I have come to know that the star is called Betelgeuse (also associated with the Egyptian God Osiris), and that it is infact considered as the second sun, which might explode someday. Also, it's orange glow was never visible to me from the ground and I came to know of it only after looking at some pictures on the internet, taken through telescopes.

http://nightsky.jpl.nasa.gov/news-display.cfm?News_ID=560

I swear I was never aware of these facts about this star, yet I don’t know how I could have possibly dreamt of its real nature.

Can anyone help me make any sense out of this strange experience?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 25 Male India

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} No

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: A strange dream depicting unknown facts about the star Betelgeuse

Neo,
First you have to understand that dreams are about you and your emotions and the images and actions are symbolic of those. Not to say there can not be any associations to Betelgeuse and Osiris. If Osiris was in your dream it could have been an archetypal image representing a higher aspect within your own psyche {possibly spiritual since Osiris is a God}. The sun can also be a symbol for a god {sun god} which again would point to inner aspects.

The stars would be symbolic of inner aspects also. A star is sometimes symbolic of guidance and this one star aspect was red {which could represent passion, anger or, the color of blood, the symbol of life {which is often attributed to a god}. The left is often representative of the heart, emotions are intuition. This is an aspect that 'cooler' and more objective/less emotional {blue is the color for conscious mind}. It is also glowing which suggests it possesses more emotional energies than the other stars/aspects.
Are you engaged in a spiritual experience, or creative activities {creativity is one aspect of the spiritual because in being creative {art, poems, painting, acting, etc} you are sharing parts of yourself to others?

The earth image may point to being grounded as well as wholeness {the earth represents our natural selves which in Jungian psyche life is meant to be whole}. The smaller size star may point to the ego aspects {which is smaller/lesser than the spiritual/creative/Sun}. The fact the star was shining brighter than the sun could point to ego issues, or not giving enough to the spiritual creative self. The head represents the mental or thinking aspects. The eyes hurting may suggest there is something preventing you from seeing clearly. Turning your head to the ground would, in one deeper aspect, point to personality traits formed in early life {unconsciously looking to the ground/foundations for who you are}. it also could represent being well grounded {which would go to early life experience/influences}, 'down to earth' in your thinking or perceptions. There may be issues in this area since you have to look away to avoid the 'glare' these issues represent. Put these together there could be a pattern/asterism {In astronomy, an asterism is a pattern of stars recognized in the Earth's night sky} of behavior the dream is attempting to communicate to you so you will recognize the issues and find a resolution.

Then there is the transportation to the moon. The moon can represent represents something hidden, mystery and the feminine/emotional aspect of your self. There you find aliens/undiscovered/unknown aspects about yourself. Being creatures {issues/aspects you have yet to see or confront} participating in blood sport. Blood is symbolic of energies/emotional energies and a leader would be the leading emotional energies within your psyche. That would go back to personality and grounding.

As for not knowing anything about Betelgeuse. There are psychic mysteries that we do not understand but are natural. Everything is connected, we all came from star dust. Archetypes are in a way a part of the mysterious {not really} since they point to unknown aspects {outside the world of Jungian psyche} within the psyche. This star could have 'mysterious' associations yet because it was in your dream be symbolic of what I described in my analysis. I would be more inclined to look at the exact star Betelgeuse if it were actually named in your dream {instead it was a star that shined and stood out} which would point to deeper archetypal energies. But the fact is was a star associated with Osiris is important in itself since it represents an important aspect/event in your life. Look to any spiritual/creative/metaphysical aspects that are occurring in your life and see where the above analysis might fit. The way I read that there are ego issues getting in the way of metaphysical aspects. What will be the lead in your life, the ego material driven self or the spiritual, creative? The glowing star should be the metaphysical {spiritual/creative/good Karma}. What inner emotional/personality creatures are there that prevent you from obtaining your higher self, the god within?

Note: I mention asterism as a pattern of stars because what I look for in dreams are emotional patterns that fit together to form a coherent picture. Much like putting a puzzle together to form a recognizable picture.

As for the possibility of the actual star Betelgeuse having to do with your dream. As I stared previously we all come from the same source. What is true in deep outer space is true in our deep inner space as well. Everything is connected and by being such we have access to things beyond the normal range of knowledge. But, even in that the dream would be trying to communicate something about your inner world, your psychology. That is what dreams do. If they can {and the often do} illustrate archetypal images and energies the conscious mind has no knowledge of, then why not something even stranger. Like the dream of a shining star that has real associations to the actual astrology?

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

Re: A strange dream depicting unknown facts about the star Betelgeuse

Hi Gerald,

Thanks for providing a detailed analysis. I very much identify myself with most of what of you said.

I am at a stage in life where I am undergoing an inner transformation which is spiritual in nature. Infact, I am struggling with this process as the lower aspects of my ego such as anger, lust and procrastination are posing as obstacles preventing me from achieving the desired inner state.

"The way I read that there are ego issues getting in the way of metaphysical aspects. What will be the lead in your life, the ego material driven self or the spiritual, creative?"

I think this aptly describes the process I am going through.

"I would be more inclined to look at the exact star Betelgeuse if it were actually named in your dream {instead it was a star that shined and stood out} which would point to deeper archetypal energies."

Although it wasn't named in the dream, I could see its exact position in the sky. So I was just curious to find out, though the name is less important than what it represents, as you said.

As for things actually being named in a dream, I had this another dream a few day back in which I saw a man called 'Jean Cocteau' coming to India and giving lectures on science and spirituality. And I attended his lecture trying to listen to him very eagerly. Again, I never remember hearing his name or dont even know where he is from, but when I searched on google, he is a real man who is a french filmmaker, poet and also very spiritual. Does he also represent an archetypal image or is it something more direct?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 25 Male India

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} No

stats from 7-14-10 to the present