Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
multiple stillborn

I had such a vivid dream and can't get it out of my head. I dreamt that I was in the hospital (not sure why) and my mum told me that I was pregnant expecting 5 children. I don't know how she knew and I didn't as I was massive! My and my boyfriend were then stressing about how we could afford to keep 5 children and googling schemes to help us. Suddenly, as it was just us by the hospital bed, my waters broke and were really pouring out (sorry!) And went on for ages. My boyfriend ran away to find my mum/help. As he ran off 4 babies just came rushing out and were on the floor. They were quite big and fully formed. I ran over screaming as they weren't crying. I was hugging them all and they were cold. I screamed even louder and this seem to 'wake one up'. A doctor then pointed out that there should be 5, so I was looking for another, while also thinking maybe I hadn't yet given birth to the last one. I then woke up. It was so disturbing that I can't stop thinking about it. Any ideas?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 31/Female Newbury

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} No

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: multiple stillborn

Sarah,
I worked on this dream yesterday and again this morning. My sense is there are issues to do with mother which have affected you in some way in having children. These issues would start from childhood experiences/influences to do with your mother, issues that require a healing process {hospital}. Expecting 5 children {which your mum told you about-her influencing your psyche} would point to a need to develop a new attitude which would change your perception of mother/child relationship. The number 5 would represent change-pregnancy something new or a new development in your life. It could also represent how your mother/child relationship changed you what is required that needs healing. From the dream images and actions {dreams have a language of symbol and metaphor} I sense strong emotional issues to do with this relationship that affect your personality and attitude. There are pent up emotional energies {scream} that need a release. There may be issues to do with feeling isolated or emotionally detached at times in your adult life. These issues may even affect your relationship with your bf and romantic relationships {bf ran away to find help/mum}. Hugging the children and their being cold could point to the relationship with your mother. You haven't yet 'given birth' to an ability to overcome these issues and that may be the changes needed in the healing process. These issues were 'fully formed' in your childhood {when personality and attitudes are developed} which causes these issues to be really big in their influence in your adult life.

Other possibilities to the number 5 {numbers are always important bin dreams} could be experiences at age 5 {we start having memories at age 4 or 5}. How many siblings do you have {5 children in your family?}. There is also the possibility of mother dependency, her telling you about the pregnancy and your bf running away looking fir her help.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

Wow. There are some really interesting points there... I have always had a perhaps unusual relationship with my mother... She had a few mental health problems when I was growing up. Nothing awful, just something not quite right. She also admits that she doesn't really like children or sex and has no interest in that kind of thing, which I remember from when I was young. As I got a little older, she got medication as it has helped a lot. She and I are now very close and get on as friends more than mother and daughter. At the same time, I don't live near her and miss her terribly. I often think that I would be happiest if I was just living with her rather than with my partner...

I feel as though I am becoming more and more like her and I do not want children and have completely lost my interest in sex. I had a termination a while ago, (which I did not tell her) and completely buried my feelings on this. I am not a very emotional person any more. I used to cry and get upset about things quite a bit, but nothing seems to upset me these days. I did not feel sad or cry when my grandmother or friend died this year. Sometimes I worry that I have learnt bury my emotions too well and one day it will explode. My partner often says that I am very cold.

Sarah,
I apologize for not providing a more timely response to your last post. Had over looked it but meant to respond to some of the things you mentioned.

The mother issues came through very strong in your dream. Both the title of the dream as well as the dream statement, "we could afford to keep 5 children" probably point to your not wanting children. Those feelings are probably related to the issues with your mother and your own childhood. The sex attitude may be also. It is likely psychological but could be neurological and genetic {inherited decreased libido due to Sex Drive May Be Swayed by Genetics}. Psychologically it could be the 'coldness' experienced in early life related to your mother's condition {as stated in your dream, "I was hugging them all and they were cold". The relationship with your mother wasn't 'awful' but any lack of nurturing is always an issue that could be brought forward in adult life.

Then there is the issue of not being very emotional. That can be a positive {objectivity is always the best path} but if there is a total lack of emotions then something is out of balance. It may seem benign now but it could be a problem later in life. The stages of life all have different adjustment attitudes and when you get older those issues that are at the core of an imbalanced life usually surface. Better to deal with it now and find resolution than to wait and have it rush upon you and cause worse psychological issues. Burying your emotions to an extent you can not properly express them isn't healthy. Locking them away only cause these emotional energies to grow within and like a volcano capable of erupting without notice. You have consciously realized this and being such unconsciously you know even more it is possible {the shadow/unconscious knows}.

One other statement from your post. Living with your mother now and being happy instead of your partner could be a desire to relive your childhood and having a wonderful and complete relationship with your mother. Many of us {myself included} spend much of adulthood living life seeking {unconsciously} what was missing in childhood. So much so the childhood issues become motivators for actions in adult life. I see these type issues continuously when working with dreams. Looking for love in all the wrong places which causes mayhem and chaos. Conscious actions unconsciously motivated with the person never knowing there are controlling energies related to childhood. Imprinting in early life starts us down the path of life with formative impressions of how life should be. Powerful stuff and yet there are many who deny they exist. From my working with dreams as well as my own experiences I know they do.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present