Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
in a sinking car

I had a dream last night for the first time in quite a while, as I dream very rarely, so when I do dream I like to know what it could mean

I was in a car with my mother, father and sister. We dropped my father and sister off in a field so they could gather mushrooms for my birthday, and then my mother drove us away. In order to leave, the car had to drive up a ramp and make a jump to the other side of a body of water that appeared to be a moat, but the car failed to reach the other bank and began to sink in the middle. I awoke quite shaken.

can anyone provide some meaning for this?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 18/Female London

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} no

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: in a sinking car

Inda,
I'll provide an analysis of your dream either late Saturday or Sunday. I've analyzed the dream and have an idea what it is about but want to give more time to analyze it further {younger people's dreams are a little more difficult to interpret}. But I will say I think the dream is addressing issues about possible conflicts with family members as well as yourself. In particular your ability you express your true feelings/emotions. Has there been a disagreement between family recently? Possibly each taking sides?

By the way, your dream every night, we all do. Unless there is a neurological reason}. To get a better understanding of how dreams function read my page A Simple Guide to Dreams.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Inda,
Everything about your dream points to 'expressing' your true emotions and possible issues with a family member or members. Are there or has there been emotional issues where you struggle to be able to express yourself? Part of the issue would be with your personality where you inherently have problems expressing how you really feel about things. There may have been issues with your mother in particular {my mother drove us away}. These issues have caused you to build an emotional wall which inhibits you from being your true self and expressing yourself as you need to do.

Jerry

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

Inda,
Everything about your dream points to 'expressing' your true emotions and possible issues with a family member or members. Are there or has there been emotional issues where you struggle to be able to express yourself? Part of the issue would be with your personality where you inherently have problems expressing how you really feel about things. There may have been issues with your mother in particular {my mother drove us away}. These issues have caused you to build an emotional wall which inhibits you from being your true self and expressing yourself as you need to do.

Here is a breakdown of the images/actions to their symbolic meanings/applications
father-power and authority
sister-emotional qualities
field-being open to express your true self
mushrooms-unhealthy emotional issues
birthday-accepting who you are
mother drove us away-literally
order to leave-emotional requirements
drive up ramp-emotional struggle
jump over other side of water-make conscious your emotions
moat-emotional wall
car failed to reach other bank-not expressing emotions
sink in middle-something pulling you down subconsciously

Jerry

wow, thanks for your analysis!I haven't really been aware of that many issues with my parents but a lot of what you're saying definitely makes sense, thanks

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 18/Female London

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} no

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present