Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fight on a plane

So in my dream I was someone else,it was a girl, but not me. I felt normal and comfortable, not like I was 'trapped' in her body.
I was on a plane or maybe a bus with a guy, I think it was her boyfriend because I felt a connection between us, but he didn't talk much. We sat in the back seats and I still remember someone, I don't know if it was him or me or someone else, reading newspapers.
Then I suddenly started getting a weird feeling, like he was bad.
I started attacking him randomly and he fought back.
He then suddenly started turning into a monster,it kind of looked like a zombie,his skin was a greenish color and his face was disfigured,his teeth were sharp and crooked.
He started choking me and I couldn't move because he was too strong.
It doesn't sound too bad, but in that moment I just felt like I was going to die.
I don't know if that's relevant, but I then experienced sleep paralysis,for the second time in my life. It felt like I was running out of air, just like the last time and he was standing in front of my bed, holding me so I couldn't move.
Finally waking up I felt scared and nervous, but also relieved that it was finally over.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 16, Female, Germany

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} No

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Fight on a plane

Anonymous,
You are trapped in a severe emotional situation where you wish to be liberated but can not. This may have an affect on your personality in regards to self esteem. But more importantly it may have caused you to act out aggressively in certain situations. This would be due to experiences in your life that has caused you extreme emotional stress {this dream does not actually address this other than the possibility of a real man having caused the emotional stress}. My sense from the dream is there are experiences that have deeply affected your personality. You may at times feel detached from reality and/or feel dead inside. You tend to shield yourself from certain situations you feel may cause you emotional distress {relationships may be one of them}. You may even act out aggressively toward people or in situations where you feel stressed. There are strong emotions involved, something that needs your attention so you can find ways to resolve the psychological issues.

As for the sleep paralysis. Since it is not a common occurrence it probably is a result of the extreme emotional energies from the dream. While asleep we go into what is know as REM sleep where the body is 'paralyzed' but the mind is energized and brain activity increases and we go into deep dream sleep {dreams are nature's therapeutic device to help us resolve emotional issues}. Although some people experience chronic episodes of sleep paralysis which is your experience was likely a rare experience in response to the emotional energies from the dream {and the actual emotional issues the dream is addressing}. The feeling of someone being in your room being suffocated, falling, or hearing voices talk to you during sleep paralysis is common. And although there is little research to why this is my sense is it is related to the emotional state of the dreamer. It is an involuntary response beyond the norm that comes about in rare instances {unless there are neurological reasons}. I believe sleep paralysis in at least some instances is a continuation of the dreamer's emotional mind and is in response to actual fears and/or anxieties in the dreamer's life. Whereas in a dream when you are being attacked and you awake normally, sleep paralysis is a continuation of the dream right at the moment you awake from sleep but have not completely left REM sleep. The dream continues on even after you awaken from sleep. Of course for those who have experiences of severe sleep paralysis there may be deeper neurological issues in play {beyond the normal psychological issues}. If this is only the second time you have experienced sleep paralysis I would not be worried. I would suggest you attend to the emotional issues I have pointed out {if indeed my analysis is correct} since those issues are real and a part of your everyday life.

I would appreciate a response to my analysis. Although all dreams address emotional issues I sense there are deeper energies at work in your life. I have a pretty good track record in analyzing/interpreting dreams and it is from the responses from dreamers that allow me to gauge that success. Responses also help me learn more to how dreams do function and how the images/actions play out {in symbolic language of course}. Every person is different and because of those differences the personal aspects have a baring to the meaning application of the images/actions.

Below is how I interpreted the images/actions from your dream. I tend to provide this for those who follow my work with dreams so they can gain insights to how I analyze dreams.

-someone else-your true self, being comfortable with who you are
-plane/bus-liberation of whole self
-guy/bf-animus
-connection but didn't talk much-unconscious self but no communication
-back seats-unconscious inferior position
-reading newspapers-a need to gain new experience before making a decision
-attacking him randomly-unconscious attitudes attacking conscious self
-turning into a monster-conscious actions due to aggressive unconscious attitudes
-zombie-detached from reality/feeling dead inside
-green skin-shielding yourself emotionally
-disfigured face-flawed person
-teeth sharp and crooked-aggressive attitudes that cause distorted personality
-choking me-suppressed emotions/aggressive emotions
-strong-powerful emotions

Jerry

-

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

Re: Fight on a plane

First of, thank you very much for interpreting my dream.
I never actually thought this would work, but your analysis pretty much nailed it.
I have had social anxiety for my whole life, so that's probably what I shield myself from, I never really felt comfortable in my own body. I also have dealt with depression,so I'd say that's the thing with feeling dead inside.
I'm pretty sure that many people that don't know me too well would say I'm aggressive, because I'm really quiet and only if I'm stressed or someone's treated unfair I react very aggressively.
Again, thank you so much, this really helped me figure out things.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 16, Female, Germany

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} No

stats from 7-14-10 to the present