Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Baby dream

Hello,

A few weeks ago I dreamt of a mixed-race girl (I'm white). I don't know her but she is often present in my dreams. We were in my grandparents (mother parents) garden. She was pregnant. I told her that she may be pregnant and she realizes it.

This night in my dream someone brings me a baby, he is also mixed-race so I imagine that the girl from the previous dreams is the mother. The baby is almost naked so I take him inside my coat to keep him warm. It's a leather coat with fur inside.
I'm careful that he doesn't get to hot here too.

After that I'm in a coffee-shop with the baby. It's like a stop on my way-back journey. The people there are black men. I'm afraid that they will judge me or be angry because I'm white and was with a black girl and had a baby with her. One man speaks to me but I stay firm and tell him something about me being with a black girl. He doesn't object.

In the next scene I'm very concerned about having some paper to finish and give to my teacher for my studies. Having the baby complicates the problem. I'm also afraid to tell my parents about the baby because he is mixed-race and my studies aren't finished.

I wake up in early morning but I'm to go back to sleep and re-enter the dream.
I'm in my grandparents garden (father parents this time). I see a good friend from high-school but he is really really fat and have a gray beard as if he were grimed to look older. He explains me how to proceed with my problem. I told me that I should first return the finished part of my work and finish the rest. Then I'm surprised to see another friend (from college this one) who also looks old and we walk out of the garden into the streets.

I'm aware dreams are symbolic but to clarify, I already finished my studies a few years ago, don't have girlfriend and I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be a dad in the next few weeks :D. However I know that my mother was finishing her thesis when I was born... it could be a clue or not.

Best regards,
Merkito

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 26 Male France

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Baby dream

Merkito,
Instead of breaking down the images/actions I will break down the paragraphs and give my interpretation of those. I am doing this because of the difficult interpretation of many of the individual images/actions. Many require further examination beyond my normal analysis {I use definitions and synonyms of the words to gain insights to what they might represent}. Here is my analysis, first the dream and then my interpretation.

Dream: A few weeks ago I dreamt of a mixed-race girl (I'm white). I don't know her but she is often present in my dreams. We were in my grandparents (mother parents) garden. She was pregnant. I told her that she may be pregnant and she realizes it.

Analysis: An aspect related to your anima/wisdom/personal growth that is ready to produce new results.

Dream: This night in my dream someone brings me a baby, he is also mixed-race so I imagine that the girl from the previous dreams is the mother. The baby is almost naked so I take him inside my coat to keep him warm. It's a leather coat with fur inside.
I'm careful that he doesn't get to hot here too.

Analysis: New aspect that is ready for exposure. An aspect that has been covered up for emotional protection. An instinctual need to protect the ego self from stress and anger.

Dream: After that I'm in a coffee-shop with the baby. It's like a stop on my way-back journey. The people there are black men. I'm afraid that they will judge me or be angry because I'm white and was with a black girl and had a baby with her. One man speaks to me but I stay firm and tell him something about me being with a black girl. He doesn't object.

Analysis: Trying not to become excessively emotional from this new aspect. A past experience that has been pushed into the unconscious. Shadow aspects involved. Authoritative figure that causes emotional conflict and produces depend behavior. It remains unconscious for protection from emotional stress.
In the next scene I'm very concerned about having some paper to finish and give to my teacher for my studies. Having the baby complicates the problem. I'm also afraid to tell my parents about the baby because he is mixed-race and my studies aren't finished.

Dream: In the next scene I'm very concerned about having some paper to finish and give to my teacher for my studies. Having the baby complicates the problem. I'm also afraid to tell my parents about the baby because he is mixed-race and my studies aren't finished.

Analysis: Needing to express this aspect to end the unconscious energies that motivate your conscious life. Being a new aspect causes emotional conflict. Fear of the power of expressing aspects to conscious self.

Dream: I wake up in early morning but I'm to go back to sleep and re-enter the dream.
I'm in my grandparents garden (father parents this time). I see a good friend from high-school but he is really really fat and have a gray beard as if he were grimed to look older. He explains me how to proceed with my problem. I told me that I should first return the finished part of my work and finish the rest. Then I'm surprised to see another friend (from college this one) who also looks old and we walk out of the garden into the streets.

Analysis: Growing wisdom/understanding. Positive aspect from understanding yourself and gaining self esteem from this wisdom {may also be a reference to your analyst}. Resolving some aspects but needing to resolve other aspects. Greater insights/understanding to past experiences that allows future personal growth.

Dream: I'm aware dreams are symbolic but to clarify, I already finished my studies a few years ago, don't have girlfriend and I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be a dad in the next few weeks . However I know that my mother was finishing her thesis when I was born... it could be a clue or not.

Analysis: As you will see from reading my analysis this dream has nothing to do with a actual baby being born but is all about your therapy and discovering aspects that were unconscious. As for the connection to your mother's thesis when you were born, knowing this may have influenced the dream {studies, school}.

Summary
It took some thought to what the biracial baby represented but in the end I believe it it symbolizes the two aspects of yourself, conscious/unconscious, ego/true self, known/unknown. Because you are getting therapy and working to resolve your emotional issues I believe the dream is focused on that. You have learned many things about yourself that was unconscious/not remembered/repressed and this has allowed new avenues to personal growth. But there are issues that remain and work to be done before you become 'whole'. The baby represents the new aspects you have learned about yourself and one aspect related to this 'new birth' is gained self esteem.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Baby dream

Hello,
Thanks a lot for your interpretation. I can see now how it relates to my life. I'm still in therapy and yes I made some progress. My self esteem is better as you found in the dream! It's still hard to get the whole picture but I'm patient and already glad of the results so far.
Thank you very much M. Gifford.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 26 Male France

stats from 7-14-10 to the present