Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Steep road, Mom and Dad

Last night, I dreamt that I was in a car with my mom and sisters. My mom was driving and my sisters were in the back seat. We were on a very step mountainous road which became so steep that it was more than vertical. I voiced that we wouldn't make it, but my mom continued up the road. It became so steep that we flipped over backwards. We knew we were going to crash; I grabbed my mom's hand and told her I loved her.

In the next scene, I think the 4 of us are in a restaurant. My sisters are happy to see that my mom and I are out of the hospital finally, although by their reactions, I think that I am disfigured and was more injured in the crash than my mom. My sisters were unhurt.

For context, I have been thinking of making a major life change, but have not discussed it with any family yet.

Also recently, I had a dream with my deceased dad in it. At the time, I was just happy to see him again, but now I wonder if it is related to the same situation.

In that dream, I am a teenager, and have joined a new school. I'm making my way to classes feeling lost and alone, and I enter a classroom full of all teachers. I feel out of place and uneasy, then I see my dad and feel instantly happy. My dad was a teacher too.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 40/female, western Canada

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} No

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Re: Steep road, Mom and Dad

Hi
Sounds like your Mum has been the driving force behind the family struggles 'uphill' battles over the death of your dad and even for her it has been too much to keep steady on the ground and she came crashing down hard too. You all did- of course.I feel you've helped her a lot (emotionally energetically,Physical support etc) - (passenger front seat) and your sisters were more along for the ride (perhaps less confident / life experienced to know what to do-needed caring by mum) and went with whatever the direction Mum was taking. and you were impacted far greater than your sisters with the death of your father. - as in the restaurant -You perhaps still, are unaware of how injured you really are but the others can see. You put on a brave face.
You are ready to begin a new transformational stage of life (the schoolroom) and we have many teachers - daunting task to move forward - but lucky you - many teachers AND your father is a guide for you still. YAY. and this give you great comfort. Despite being scared of the changes -you are ready for this new phase. and hes there in spirit realm as your guide Also dont wait for the crash to hold Mums hand and tell her you love her.
Love and Light

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43/female/NSW australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} no

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Ginny,
Im working on your dream and will have a final analysis Sunday. I have to work tomorrow with the family construction business {Im retired} and i doubt I will have time to finish sooner. I am the caretaker of community and feral cats and that takes up a lot of time when I finish my work. I have finished interpreting the first dream so I will provide those so you can examine possibilities to where they fit in your life. I will also provide a final analysis of this dream {let it incubate before giving a final verdict}. Dreams have a language of symbol and metaphor but close loved persons may have a literal interpretation although they can be symbol as well {could do both}.

Dream Images/Actions
first paragraph
-in car with Mom/sisters-going in same direction/share same experiences
-mom driving/sisters in back seat-sister's dependent on mother
-step mountainous road/vertical-domestic emotional obstacles/erect/perpendicular/in line with
-couldn't make it-unable to stop
-mom continued-
-flipped backwards- counterproductive
-crash-emotional impact

second paragraph
-4 of us-wholeness, individually and as a family
-restaurant-emotional burdens
-sisters happy to see mom/you out of hospital-relationship with sisters/emotional healing shared between you and your mother
-disfigured-not normal yourself
-more injured than mom-more emotional pain than mother
-sisters not hurt-sisters not emotionally involved

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Wise Owl,
Some very good observations, and possibilities in your analysis. I seldom point to actual personal experiences when analyzing dreams but what you state could be possible. The time frame when Ginny's father died would be important to know since dreams reflect the current emotional state of the dreamer. If it was recent then your analysis could be pointing to associations to those emotions. If not it could still be a part of the equation with associated emotions involved. I do see good possibilities the dreams have associations but I will await Ginny's response before providing a final analysis of the first dream.

Because all dreams, all dream images have at least two meanings/applications {something I see in my dream work and a Jungian concept} the dream is likely addressing another emotional aspect to do with wholeness {the number 4} and nourishment {mother image as well as the restaurant}. Mountains are emotional obstacles/challenges as well as reaching a higher realm of consciousness {what she seeks to do in her major life change}. Restaurants can also represent feeling overwhelmed by decisions in life {two applications of the same image}.

As for the second dream. I do think the last dream is addressing the major life changes she mentioned. The images could be symbolic of new learning experiences and the adjustments would make her feel uneasy and out of place. Having to tell her family could do the same. Seeing her father would be comforting in his strength {animus aspects}. Her dad was a teacher which would point to animus aspects {teaching her to be strong and confident}. It could also suggest what she is doing is a positive thing she she 'feel's instantly happy. Words such as 'instantly' often point to intuitiveness which is always correct. Nuances are important when analyzing dreams and I have found looking at the actions in this context usually fits.

Jerry

A Message From Gerald

Forum
Host/Moderator/Analyst

Help Me
Spay & Neuter

Feed & Care

MY

Neighborhood
Felines

My Dream Analysis/Interpretations Are A
FREE SERVICE

If you wish to show your appreciation please contribute to my
Feral Cat Rescue Fund

Help Me Keep My Services FREE

The cost of maintaining the DREAM FORUM, my websites and my dedication to caring for my neighborhood felines strains my resources

I NEED YOUR HELP

Please Contribute
$1.00/$5.00...Any Amount You Can Give

Use PayPal {Donate Button} or mail contribution to:

Gerald Gifford 1876 Baylor Ct., Cocoa, Fl. 32922

Secure Payment with PayPal

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

I'm not sure how much insight I can give.

My dad died only about 2 years ago. He lived a good life, but he died at a younger age than I was expecting. My sisters are both older than I am, but it might be possible that I have more life experience than them in some respects; more illness, more hurdles and tough decisions, and I'm currently less "settled" than either of them.

Thanks so much just for giving input and caring what a stranger sees in her dreams!

Are there any specific questions that I should answer?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 40/female, western Canada

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} No

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Hi guys

I was in the neighbourhood and dropped by, thought I would share my opinions on this dream set.

I can understand the temptation to link the loss of Dad to this dream, but I don't see this as a factor. It could be, but there is no real symbol that I can see in this dream that relates the father to the struggle that is the mountain. It could be the mountain, it does fit, but I just see it as some form of struggle to try and achieve something - either grief or it could be something as mundane as keeping a full time job, maintaining a household and looking after a family. But whatever it is, the task is impossible, yet you, Ginny, feel compelled to attempt it, even when you see that it is doomed to fail, a part of you (related to your mother) tries to push through.

The fact that you mother is driving should be a big clue. She is either pushing you to achieve something, or you desire to achieve it to make her proud perhaps? Either way it is her influence that makes you want to complete this. I suspect that it is a failure that has occured in the recent past, as from the point of view of the dream, that you are in the restaurant after the crash reflecting on it, and it has left you scarred in someway (emotionally?). It could be something that motivated you to undertake the current major life change that you are currently contemplating?

Reflecting on the crash in the restaurant, this is a possible positive that came from this crash. You have learnt something about yourself. To eat food is to digest knowledge - I think you learnt something about yourself, again probably related to this desire to change somehow. But at the same time it has changed you, which you see in a negative light (disfigured).

The other school dream is also related to your new learning. But despite being surrounded by people who can help, support and guide you (teachers), you still feel lost, and alone. Perhaps your feelings of being out of place is due to you feeling that this change will not be accepted, hence your difficulty raising it with your family?

The appearance of your father is significant. Though I am not sure precisely what it signifies. It could be reflecting his unconditional love and support, that even though you are feeling alone, no matter what you decide, your father loves and supports you, regardless of the decisions you make. It could also be your unconscious providing the love and support you need at this time that you are not getting in your conscious life.

Hope that helps, and best wishes for the journey ahead.

Regards,
Rook

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 33 - Male, Western Australia

Hello Rook,
Has been awhile since you last visited. I went back to your previous posts and noticed your first post was in July 2008. This version of the Dream Forum has been on line since 2005 {there was a previous version that was a couple of years old}. I am glad to see you are still working with dreams. Take some time and read some of the latest dream posts. You will notice some changes in my style primarily using basic Jungian concepts rather than the strict academic approach. I have found great success in working with dreams this way as shown in the responses to my analysis/interpretations. The success is so great there is rarely any negative responses to my analysis/interpretations. It goes to show that a basic understanding of Jungian concepts {and all the philosophies he borrow from other great minds} and a developed intuitive mind allows us to successfully interpret any dream. Dreams in my mind are no longer the great mystery we have thought of in the past. Again, if you read the posted dreams, my analysis/interpretations and responses to those you will see how successful my approach has become.

Ginny's Dream
Dream
Last night, I dreamt that I was in a car with my mom and sisters. My mom was driving and my sisters were in the back seat. We were on a very step mountainous road which became so steep that it was more than vertical. I voiced that we wouldn't make it, but my mom continued up the road. It became so steep that we flipped over backwards. We knew we were going to crash; I grabbed my mom's hand and told her I loved her.

In the next scene, I think the 4 of us are in a restaurant. My sisters are happy to see that my mom and I are out of the hospital finally, although by their reactions, I think that I am disfigured and was more injured in the crash than my mom. My sisters were unhurt.

For context, I have been thinking of making a major life change, but have not discussed it with any family yet.

End of dream

At first impression I agree with Rook this dream seems to be less about her father's death and more about current emotional issues. But I have yet to completely analyze the images/actions to discern what the dream message might be so I will leave this open. There is a good chance the first dream does have associations to his passing with the deeper emotional issues the tie that binds the two events. The second dream clearly has associations to her father because he is named {as I noted in my last response} but in a positive way, her father's love and support being a positive masculine/animus image in that dream. The teenager image may be a reference to an emotional experiences from that time frame that has associations to the deeper psyche including her personality and personal attitudes. I found that many dreams do reference personality and personal attitudes and in particular the foundations for those personal attributes. Looking at dreams with this approach has also proven successful. Often I can provide an assessment of the dreamer's general personality type {intro/extrovert} and define personal attitudes. I always look for these deeper traits since analyzing dreams is more about the periphery of the emotional issues rather than naming exact experiences. Most always only the dreamer can know the personal experiences with the dream analyst seeing the outlines of the emotional conflicts and the underlying reasons for them {foundations of personality/attitudes}. I seldom look for personal experiences although evidence of such recent experiences do come through at times. Ginny's dream is likely along those lines, recent personal experiences that have associations to the deeper issues to do with personality and attitudes.

Let's examine the first dream by images and actions {the goal being to find a pattern}. The mother is driving the car {which would denote Ginny since the dream is hers-the car is Ginny's}. The sisters are in the back seat which would suggest the mother is controlling their direction {including Ginny}, a natural aspect of mothering {although there are not any ages provided}. There is not a notation where Ginny is positioned but she is not named as being in the back seat with her sisters which would indicate she is in the front passenger seat {of her car}. She is still not driving the car but being in the front seat could denote similar/shared position or experiences as her mother. This could be an evolving pattern.

Everyone in the car is on a very step mountainous road which would suggest shared experiences/emotions. The subject is the road and the steep mountain is describing the road {adjectives}. Everyone is sharing the shame path/direction as is Ginny with the mother being the driving force/in control. The vertical position could also represent an alignment of position with the dream language noting the strength of what emotions are being shared. This could denote shared traits and/or attitudes as well with each having lived in the same environment early in life. Another developing possible pattern.

Ginny's voicing would be an emotional expression {dreams are all about emotions first and foremost} which would be her emotions and opposite to those of her mother {since her mother continues in the same direction. I see this as a difference in attitudes from her mother. Because the car did flip backwards, away from the intended direction or intention there was a crash. A crash could suggest a clashing of attitudes and the reason for it would be the mother's position {opposite Ginny's}. This is something both knew would happen thus it could have been opposite attitudes or positions each possessed that clashed. But despite this clash Ginny still held on to her mother's position {grabbed her hand} and expressed the reason for doing so {told her I love her}. The evolving pattern suggest a clash of some kind between Ginny and her mother. It could indicate an inner clash as well {the lesser or secondary possibility being the primary theme is an inner clash about Ginny as a mother}. This first paragraph would be the primary theme for the dream {see Dream Structure}.

The next paragraph seems to be continuing this pattern {it is so important proper grammar and sentence/paragraph structure is used}. The number 4 denotes wholeness {numbers are always important in dreams}and being in the restaurant would represent emotional nourishment {from feeling overwhelmed by emotional issues}. The 4 of us is more a denoting of an inner aspect in Ginny as it is one of pointing to the 4 people {this is Ginny's dream and about Ginny's emotions}. Ginny is happy that things have finally healed with her mother {both out of the hospital}. Ginny was more emotionally wounded than her mother from the experience with her sisters not involved to a great degree in the conflict. The sisters could be symbolic of the emotions where the only injury was from the one experience and not as a whole {she loves her mother but clashed over this experience}.

The pattern that evolved from the images/actions was one of a clash with Ginny and her mother. This seems to be the message of the dream, one that still possesses emotional energy and may not be completely resolved. Not only does the evolving pattern have to make sense it must fit within a general pattern as well. There must be a flow that emerges that presents an action that fits together. As I stated previously I can not name the exact experience but only outline what the patterns are. Only Ginny can name/know the exact experience. By offering an outline the dreamer usually is able to recognize where it fits. This method has proven most successful.

Now it is left to Ginny to determine what this emotional issue is I have described. It could or could not be associated with her dad's passing and as Rook stated there is no mention or symbolic reference to that experience. There could be a clash of opinion or attitude. It would likely involve her mother since she is prominently a part of the dream {most images of people are symbolic except when it is someone very close and loved and then it could be both symbolic and literal}. But it could also denote the 'inner' nature of Ginny as a mother where there is a clash of emotions within her. But one would have to do with the other, her literal mother's influence being in opposite to her own attitude as a mother. Again it will be left to Ginny to fit this into her emotional life.

A possibility that may fit with the clash with Ginny's mother could involve her major life change. Is there a clash between what Ginny wants/desires to what her mother would want/advise? Ginny has yet to advise her family which could suggest their opinion {especially her mother} means something. Because the dream was recent and her life change decision is also then the two may be connected. As I stated previously all dreams have at least two meanings/applications with the general rule of thumb one addressing current emotional issues and the other the deeper foundation issues underlying personality and personal attitudes. It could be Ginny's life change move is not only clashes her mother's wishes/advice, there could be a general difference in attitude when it comes to such decisions.
We await Ginny's response.

Jerry

stats from 7-14-10 to the present