Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Curse

Dream in Hawaii it seems (I had planned to go to Hawaii before Canada but my gut feeling said otherwise). Me and two of my close friends from back home in Ireland are backpacking. We are at this place could be a resort yes it kinda feels like the nards (workers accommodation in a resort I worked in in the middle of the oldest rainforest in the world the Daintree a place of great healing it tends to give everybody there rather intense dreams) yet it's completely different feel but it has the basic field architecture (I guess what I meant is that it had the field out front but I find this phrase interesting so I'll leave it here).
So it is daytime and bright and we are in what feels like a bar or a café sitting at a high table chatting when a package arrives for me. It is from dad. It is a bench with a Bird box attached; it is a special kinda lounge chair. It arrives and is out on the grass. I examine it and we are all kind of amused because obviously I cannot travel on with it. So after a while we just decide to travel on and leave it to the resort.
The guy who is running the place wears a turban he is Indian. We leave we had discussed how the bird box was poorly designed needs more of a slant up to it as the old bit of furniture had (there was some other piece of furniture similar to this but perhaps the birdbox was better integrated). We leave down the driveway I'm thinking about the cost of checking that in at the airport. I think as we are walking away that there could have been gold in the birdbox. We are going back. A massive fight ensues; they have already plundered the box; what has happened is not very clear to me (the Indian guy is he the Maharishi or his dad in the back room) we vanquish them and take the bird box's prize which was a book it seems (like a culty kind of book I came across in my journey) there is great evil.
This was all massive emotionally. As we are walking away from the dead the evil is still on the back room I am thinking that if I get away it will starve. Nobody should ever come here. It's like a black hole the gravity pulling me back but I resist and walk away. There is a great snap like a door slammed forever as the evil is locked in the room. I think it shall starve. As I awake I feel the snap it's like the quiet after a storm but it was a storm of ten seconds. It's like a door slamming. He could not have gotten that power. This was a very powerful feeling on awaking.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 23 now in canada (previously travelling Australia) but from Ireland

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Through another website I think

Re: The Curse

Jimmy,
I've mostly have your dream analyzed but want to do more work with it. Question. Is this a recent dream?

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Jerry,
It is fairly recent. It is from the 28th of October which is two days after my last dream Magic Treats so it was before the content of that dream and this one were interpreted and the events unfolded.

Thanks,
Jimmy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 23 now in canada (previously travelling Australia) but from Ireland

Jimmy,
My sense of this dream is you are both still being influenced by early life experiences/influences as well as working to resolve them. The last paragraph seems to point strongly to both. The last sentence may be an important step in resolving the issues. I'll post my interpretation of the images/actions and let you examine those and derive may you can. I've included the title of the dream because that often frames what a dream is about {often an unconscious realization}.

Title: The Curse
-curse-caught up in own guilt

Dream Images/actions
-Hawaii-unfamiliar aspects/new positive beginnings
-two close friends from back home-rejected aspects you are ready to integrate within self
-backpacking-obstacles you need to overcome using personal skills
-resort-escaping emotional pressures/positive aspects
-basic field architecture-basic structural aspects/foundations

Dream in Hawaii it seems (I had planned to go to Hawaii before Canada but my gut feeling said otherwise). Me and two of my close friends from back home in Ireland are backpacking. We are at this place could be a resort yes it kinda feels like the nards (workers accommodation in a resort I worked in in the middle of the oldest rainforest in the world the Daintree a place of great healing it tends to give everybody there rather intense dreams) yet it's completely different feel but it has the basic field architecture (I guess what I meant is that it had the field out front but I find this phrase interesting so I'll leave it here).

-daytime/bright-seeing things clearly
-bar/cafe-resolving issues that are eating at you
-high table/chatting-inner discussion/examination of elevated emotions related to ego self
-package arrives-acknowledging emotions
-from dad-'authoritative' issues related to dad
-bench with bird box-taking imitative to heal/balance your true self with ego self
-attached-connected with father issues
-lounge chair-reveling in present position
-out on the grass-aspects that are protected from consciousness
-examine it/amused-evaluating emotions/diversion
-can not travel on with it-unable to achieve proper personal growth
-travle on/leave at resort-living life with emotional issues/pressures

So it is daytime and bright and we are in what feels like a bar or a café sitting at a high table chatting when a package arrives for me. It is from dad. It is a bench with a Bird box attached; it is a special kinda lounge chair. It arrives and is out on the grass. I examine it and we are all kind of amused because obviously I cannot travel on with it. So after a while we just decide to travel on and leave it to the resort.
-guy wears turban/is Indian-displaying repressed issues related to foundations
-bird box poorly designed-original self/childhood poorly designed
-needs more of a slant up to it-not inclined to abide by original foundations
-old bit of furniture-a change in your original attitudes
-other piece of furniture-integration/developing other attitudes
-leave down driveway-abandoning old developed attitudes to achieve inner peace
-cost of checking that in at airport-emotional cost of changing old attitudes for new attitudes
-gold in birdbox-integrated new attitudes
-going back-going back to original attitudes
-massive fight-powerful inner conflicts
-already plundered box-stolen aspects related to proper growth
-what happened not very clear-not aware of causes for emotional issues
-is indiana guy Maharishi or dad-unconscious issues/energies affecting proper personal growth {Maharishi} brought about from father relationship
-vanquish them/take birdbox prize-aspects that unconsciously control of true self
-was a book-inner knowledge
-it seems there is great evil-repressed aspects

The guy who is running the place wears a turban he is Indian. We leave we had discussed how the bird box was poorly designed needs more of a slant up to it as the old bit of furniture had (there was some other piece of furniture similar to this but perhaps the birdbox was better integrated). We leave down the driveway I'm thinking about the cost of checking that in at the airport. I think as we are walking away that there could have been gold in the birdbox. We are going back. A massive fight ensues; they have already plundered the box; what has happened is not very clear to me (the Indian guy is he the Maharishi or his dad in the back room) we vanquish them and take the bird box's prize which was a book it seems (like a culty kind of book I came across in my journey) there is great evil.

-massive emotionally-powerful emotions
-walk away from dead evil is still on the back room-detaching oneself from negative aspects but with unconscious/repressed aspects remaining
-get away it will starve-avoiding negative aspects
-Nobody should come here-nothing positive in avoiding negative aspects
-black hole/gravity pulling me back-deep powerful unconscious energies pulling self back to foundational attitudes
-I resist and walk away-resisting the enduring emotional energies by avoiding themon one hand but confronting them and resolving them on another
-snap like door slammed forever as is the evil locked in the room-repressed foundational attitudes as the guiding influences in waking life/working to finally resolve issues
*seeking to remove negative attitudes
-quiet after the storm- silent inner emotional conflicts/tranquility in working for resolution
-storm of 10 seconds-demonstrating brief emotional conflicts
-like door slamming-slamming the door shut to the emotional energies
-he could not have gotten that power-he being foundational energies/people

This was all massive emotionally. As we are walking away from the dead the evil is still on the back room I am thinking that if I get away it will starve. Nobody should ever come here. It's like a black hole the gravity pulling me back but I resist and walk away. There is a great snap like a door slammed forever as the evil is locked in the room. I think it shall starve. As I awake I feel the snap it's like the quiet after a storm but it was a storm of ten seconds. It's like a door slamming. He could not have gotten that power. This was a very powerful feeling on awaking.

Remember, the dream is reflecting your true emotions at the time you have the dream. You still possess the negative emotional energies and are consciously working to resolve them. I see this dream as addressing both aspects.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65 Cocoa, Fl

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Jerry

This is very helpful thank you. I think I know to when this relates. The few days before this dream I had launched back into a series of projects as I have so many times before. When I feel restless and anxious at not being productive I launch new waves of projects and plans. But I went back on it and decided that I was better spending my time digging into my underworld and so launched into more dreamwork and working with understanding my emotions. I realise that it is the energies that the last couple of dreams have revealed. The dynamic is an anxiety related one a need to always be better and do more and a drive to greatness. But it is founded often on this anxiety which of course drains energy and is unsustainable as a motivator. And so I run in cycles but now I am intending to slow these cycles and to understand what is at work. The father theme is very interesting. Does it always relate to authority? How does it differ from the king archetype? They both seem to be powerful selves. Perhaps the father is related to the childhood source of the energies being under the control of that ancient dynamic whereas the king is a higher self dynamic perhaps and is an a symbol of an individuated self that has integrated the power of the father dynamic and wields of for the purpose of the Self's path rather than the societal/instilled path. Anyway I am just thinking out loud. There is much that is informative in this. Guilt is another theme of my life I feel. It is related to this anxiety about productivity and doing enough. I beat myself up if I fail to meet my goals. And so this dynamic drains more energy in an ongoing internal battle. So h curse is perhaps an apt interpretation. I see that there is evermore to be discovered in this. Thank you for your ongoing aid. It is revealing much that has been long hidden and promises to reveal much more. You have my gratitude for your help on this journey.

stats from 7-14-10 to the present