Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Man came into my bed dream

Wow. I cannot shake this dream.....I hope someone can help. first, I am female, single, live alone.
Here goes. A man walked into my room and crawled into my bed wrapping himself around me....like you would snuggle. I could feel him like it was so real....but I was pretty sure I was dreaming. In my mind, I wasn't 100% if it was a dream because he just seemed so real. I could feel his strong body draped over me. My initial reaction was fear so I called for my dog but couldn't get words out. The man just laid there still holding me, non-reactive, non-harming. I tried to reach for my phone to text for help but I couldn't. Almost as if I was paralyzed. My breath was panicked and he still just laid there holding me, again non-harming. I decided to reach for him (because I knew I was dreaming....but then I really didn't) and was able to feel a strong smooth muscular arm and chest. I wasn't sure to be scared or aroused. my breath was anxious, fast, panicked.....but again he remained calm and never tried to harm me. He never even moved except once when I tried to call the dog again. He put fingers over my lips like a shush...I tried to bite the fingers but he gently just took them away and continued to lay there. I caught a glimpse of his eyes and they were deep set and not really scary. Somehow, I ended up on the phone (in dream not real), and said "hello, is Patrick there?" To whoever picked up. That's when I woke up and felt like I wasn't sure if he was an angel or a soulmate coming to let me know I'm safe and going to be ok. Had he been there? He was just so real.
A little info that might be relative: I'm dealing with heartache from a break up and I just saw the ex for the first time 2 days ago. Maybe that played a part....I do have a different ex boyfriend named Patrick but I definitely don't feel like the "Patrick" from the dream was related to him in any way.....he's a neutral in my life. Just the past and that's all.
I will add that once I woke up, after a few minutes of processing the dream and trying to
"Shake it off," I felt some what aroused and it was definitely residual energy from the man in the dream.
I am not trying to attract anyone on this site by this but I feel it's important to the interpretation. Please be respectful of my honesty. Dreams are personal and I do feel vulnerable sharing this. Thanks! :)
kdblaine

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 45 female 37657

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Google

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Man came into my bed dream

kdblaine,

I normally interpret the individual images and actions in a dream to arrive at an analysis but with this dream I don't see that as being necessary. The dream seems to be focused on masculine aspects, current emotions to do with male relationships and deeper issues related to the inner masculine {animus qualities}. The primary issue is more likely male relationships with the deeper aspects secondary {but always important because your attitudes are part of what determine how you relate/your relationship with men}.

My sense of the masculine aspects are you have emotions to do with relationships but are unable to 'voice' these emotions {for some reason which would be central to these emotions}. This 'man' in your dream would represent an inactive part of your life {non-reactive}, likely a strong desire for masculine companionship but with fears of a relationship. The dreams seems to be pointing to a desire for a 'real' relationship, one that would be fulfilling and would provide secure relationship. Patrick would be someone you identify with, not the real Patrick as he is but one someone who has a lot more to offer {than the real Patrick}. My sense is you want a strong positive relationship but are reluctant to believe {at this moment} it could be possible/real. The past two failed relationships probably contribute to these feelings.

As for the deeper issues {all dreams have at least two meanings/applications}. These would point to your personal attitudes about relationships and the inability to properly voice what you need/desire. If you look at your parents and their relationship you may find similar patterns in your attitudes and relationships with men. Influenced by those from experiences could be a reason you choose/relate to certain men and relationships. You desire a true soulmate but it may be you are not sure what that consists of {because of early life experiences that distort your perceptions of a good relationship}. It could by ending up on the phone and asking for Patrick you are falling back on what are known qualities {in both aspects-recent relationship with Patrick as well as the early life influences that govern your present day attitudes}. You may in the past excepted something less in a relationship but need more than what they could provide {one reason the relationships failed}. You may be reluctant to believe such a relationship is possible and being alone may be less harmful than being in a relationship. But deep down you need/desire to have a true soulmate.

As for the 'arousal' from the dream. That would be a 'residual' effect from the dream in feeling such a relationship is possible/real. Because dreams deal in truth and seek to bring balance and truth into the dreamer's life {a function of dreams is to help heal emotional wounds} the arousal is areal desire of the body and the body is reacting to what you really feel/desire. It could also point to other personal qualities related to sexual senses {you enjoy sex}.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 66 Cocoa/Soace Coast, Fla

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Built the Site/Forum

Thank you, that is a pretty accurate and insightful analysis. I wouldn't argue or question any of it. I didn't think to consider my parents but now the connection makes sense. Thank you! I think I may have accidentally posted twice, by the way, sorry!
I will make a donation to your Cat Fund :-)

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 45 female

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Google

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Kim,
Thanks for the response. Every dream is a learning tool, not only for the dreamer but also those who work with dreams in solving their message. If you will take this dream and expand on what it had to say you may learn more about the motivations to your relationships. Understanding the deeper unconscious energies will help you make better decisions in the future.

I also want to thank you for your contribution to my Kitty Fund. Kitty City is almost completed and contributions have helped put it together. I thank you and the kitties thank you.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 66 Cocoa/Soace Coast, Fla

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Built the Site/Forum

My pleasure.....I invited the man back to my dreams the next night by writing a note and put it under my pillow. I wanted to ask him why he was here and what I was meant to learn. I woke up at about the same time as previous dream. He was standing in the doorway to my bedroom and clearly waiting for me to allow/invite him in. I was still scared and He didn't enter this time. He was wearing a white tee shirt like an undershirt a guy would wear. That's all I could tell except for the same arms as I remember from before. I really wanted my dog in the house for him to come into the room again and she didn't come in that night. Tonight she is here so I may invite him again and ask questions. For whatever reason, it feels better to me with the dog in the room.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 45 female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Repost of earlier dream.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 68 Cocoa, Fl

Repost of earlier dream

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 68 Cocoa, Fl

stats from 7-14-10 to the present