Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
In laws in dream

my in laws had come to spend a night with us but it was not our apartment . my father in law went to one room to sleep there and my brother in law in another room . my sister in law and me stayed in the hall to sleep there . I don't remember my mother in law , my wife or my son in the dream . there was talks between my sister in law and me but unfortunately I don't remember the details. my brother in law asked my father in law to sleep in the same room with him but my father in law didn't accept. in the morning when it was still dark and I couldn't clearly see , my father in law woke up and came to the hall but suddenly 3 dogs barked at him. I told him they are not dangerous and one of the dogs went out of the window above the door. the second dog attacked my father in law and in this moment I saw my father ( who has passed away 3 months ago ) instead of my father in law who was attacked by the dog . he didn't cried but apparently the dog bite him.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 37

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} yes , under name nastaari

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: In laws in dream

Nastaari,
My sense of the dream is you are currently dealing with issues related to your recently deceased father. Recent experiences to do with in-laws may have added to these issues. You may see/sense aspects of your father-in-law and brother-in-law that fit with your life {possibly to do with the relationship with your father}. Are there any conflicts between those two that fit with your relationship with your father? Or perhaps the opposite, their relationship being a positive one in which you wished you could have had with your father {from your submission form I know there were conflicts to do with your father}. It would not be unusual to look back at the father/son relationship with the recent death of your father. Our dreams are trying to help us 'put to rest' these type of emotional conflicts and this dream seems to be working on those issues. On one hand you have memories and the negative experiences with your father and on another there is the internal/eternal desires for what you wish would have been a positive relationship {I had similar issues and desires with my father}. You have/had the rational negative relationship with your father vs the emotional desires for something you wish would have been a better relationship.

Analysis of Dream Images/Actions
Dream Title: In laws in dream

-in laws come to spend the night/not in our apartment-unconscious working on aspects of conscious relationships
-father-law went to one room to sleep-your rational aspects
-brother-in law-in another room-other aspects you identify with
-sister-in-law and me stayed in hall-your emotional aspects that are coming to consciousness
-don't remember my mother-in-law-unresolved issues you are not consciously aware of
-{don't remember} my wife or son-something you are married to/raised on that you are not consciously aware of
-talks with sister-in-law-resolution of emotional conflicts
-brother-in-law asked father-in-law to sleep in same room/didn't accept-not acknowledging the unconscious aspects
-in morning when still dark/couldn't see clearly-awakening to things you do not realize
-father-in-law woke up/came to hall-aspects related to rational attitudes that are coming to conscious experience
-3 dogs barked at him-various emotional aspects that are demanding attention
-told him they are not dangerous-positive emotional aspects when consciously realized
-one dog went out window above door-unconscious aspects that you are opening up to/realizing
-second dog attacked father-in-law-vulnerable aspects that cause emotional conflict
-at this moment I saw my father-associations related to father/father-in-law
-father-in-law who was attacked-assailing conscious experiences related to father-in-law
-he didn't cry/dog bit him-not showing emotions even when bitten by aspects of loyalty/fidelity

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 66 Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

Nastaari,
Please provide a response to my analysis so to allow others to understand any associations in it o your dream. A response is required before I will provide an analysis of future dreams.
Jerry

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

In response to Nastaari's reply which did not show up when posted by him {he sent me an e-mail}.

Nastaari's response/question to my interpretation
does absence of my wife relates to some issue in my marriage that I am not aware of or it is just a symbol not necessary related to my marriage.

My Response
Your wife {as well as your mother-in-law and son} were not present in the dream. This likely says something about those relationships. If they are not present then there is likely not a related conflict with them, or they are not involved in the conflict you had with your father. There is no direct language in the dream that suggests an issue with your wife. But the presence of your sister-in-law might. Do you feel there is an issue with your wife, a conflict that would parallel the conflict you had with your father. If so look at you as being your father and your sister-in-law as your wife. Your sister-in-law and you slept in the hallway. A hallway can symbolize a connection to unconscious emotions/attitudes.

my brother in law and father in law don't have a positive relationship although they try to hide it inside the family.

My analysis as posted
My sense of the dream is you are currently dealing with issues related to your recently deceased father. Recent experiences to do with in-laws may have added to these issues. You may see/sense aspects of your father-in-law and brother-in-law that fit with your life {possibly to do with the relationship with your father}. Are there any conflicts between those two that fit with your relationship with your father?

Summary
The conflict between your father and brother-in-law reflects/mirrors the conflict of how you felt about your father. Your brother-in-law would represent an aspect of yourself {To see your brother-in-law in your dream would represent characteristics in him that you find within yourself}. Also, you likely had to hide many of your feelings about your father. One being his attitude of selfishness and not caring {especially toward your mother}.

and one more point that might add up , after my father passed away , I was relieved that my mother no more has to deal with my father's selfishness and not caring.

My Response
See my response to your first question. The issue you had about your father's attitude toward your mother.

Further Analysis
In the dream there were three dogs that attacked your father/father-in-law. One aspect to these three dogs may involve your own attitudes, perhaps a fear something about the conflict between you and your father may 'bite' you. Or the biting may point to the opposite, you have realized from your father's attitudes not to repeat them. We will need to look at future dreams to see if there are aspects related to these possibilities.

Jerry

stats from 7-14-10 to the present