Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
dog bit off my hair

I was sitting on the carpet in the living of some house. I'm not sure if it was my deceased grandparents' house since it had a similar floor layout. Behind me was my sister also sitting on the carpet holding/hugging her puppy. Although this dog was an adult and died, it somehow was in puppy form. My brother was sitting on the couch to the left side of me. At one moment he laughed at something my sister was doing. I didn't know if she was mocking me or something. Later, I discovered in the dream that my brother laughed because my sister's puppy was trying hard to get to me to play with me. The puppy did get to me, I I cuddled it on my shoulder. However, it started chewing on my hair and accidentally bite off a big chunk of hair. I held up this chunk to show my sister. In real life, I have gone through hair loss issues so the issue resurfaced when the puppy bite off some of my hair. I don't remember much after this in the dream.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 33/F

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} na

Re: dog bit off my hair

Anonymous,
Undoubtedly the dream is reflecting your relationship with your sister and brother {as provided in your Dream Submission Form}. And there may have been recent experiences/events that brought those issues to the forefront. This will be addressed in my amplification of the dream {below}, the images and actions fitting with your actual experiences with your siblings {past and present}.

But there could be something deeper involved. The reference to your grandparent's may point to shared experiences with sister that involve your brother. That would involve experiences as children or your adolescent years. Are there any troublesome issues/experiences during those early years involving your brother that may be may an unresolved emotional issue {a function of dreams is to help resolve emotional issues}? The puppy could represent showing a lighthearted attitude to something that is more serious. It could merely be the issues you spelled out but more likely something deeper. One reason to believe this would be the attitudes of the three of you, the reasons why there is such animosity between you and them {your dreams are about you and your emotional issues}. Childhood environment has a lot to do with adult attitudes. Look at those years and determine what occurred that lend to your relationship with your brother and sister in the present.

Dream Title
dog bit off my hair
-inner drive to change personal attitudes

Dream
I was sitting on the carpet in the living of some house. I'm not sure if it was my deceased grandparents' house since it had a similar floor layout. Behind me was my sister also sitting on the carpet holding/hugging her puppy. Although this dog was an adult and died, it somehow was in puppy form. My brother was sitting on the couch to the left side of me. At one moment he laughed at something my sister was doing. I didn't know if she was mocking me or something. Later, I discovered in the dream that my brother laughed because my sister's puppy was trying hard to get to me to play with me. The puppy did get to me, I I cuddled it on my shoulder. However, it started chewing on my hair and accidentally bite off a big chunk of hair. I held up this chunk to show my sister. In real life, I have gone through hair loss issues so the issue resurfaced when the puppy bite off some of my hair. I don't remember much after this in the dream.

Amplification of Dream Images/Actions
-I was sitting on the carpet in living space of some house-stagnated in protecting yourself from emotional conflict/realities
-not sure of deceased grandparent's house/similar floor layout-unresolved issues associated to foundations stemming from associations with years with grandparents
-behind me was my sister also sitting on carpet-unconscious attitudes where sister shared same experiences
-holding/hugging her puppy-holding onto lighthearted attitudes
-adult dog died, somehow in puppy form-loss of positive aspects, experiences that are now being revived
-brother was sitting on couch to left side-passive relationship with brother
-one moment he laughed at something sister was doing-a need for release of insecurities related to masculine aspects/brother
-didn't know if she was mocking me-self esteem issues
-brother laughed because sister's puppy was trying hard to play with me-releasing pressures related to lighthearted attitude
-puppy did get to me-indulging in shared attitudes
-I cuddled it on my shoulder-shouldering emotional issues
-started chewing on my hair-sorting/thinking things out
-accidently bite off chunk of hair-eliminating pressures from inner attitudes
-held up chunk to show my sister-holding onto and exhibiting inner shared attitudes

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 67 Cocoa, Fl

My brother and I were closer when we were children. My brother started drifting away from me in his adolescent years until he became totally distance in adulthood. When my grandparents were alive or really my grandmother was like the glue that held the family together. This sibling tension wasn't as extreme when they were alive because my grandmother called people out on things to improve their behavior. On the other hand, my mother enables siblings to treat others with disrespect since she doesn't say anything or do anything when they act disrespectful. Recently, I've been searching for a therapist to see to have some support for disrespectful siblings and define my boundaries which my mother doesn't allow me to do. I'm surprised the dream wasn't also related to my mother.

I'm not sure if my post went through so I may be repeating myself if it did go through. I was saying that although my brother and mother may have tried to avoid making waves by not speaking up to my sister when she's disrespectful, they are making waves with me by allowing it. My sister is closer to my brother than I am (if you call it close) since I don't attend all the family functions like her. My brother is only focused on his own kids or not our family, but I don't blame him since I'd probably devote all my attention to my own kids if I had them. He seems so unreachable, though. There's just no one I can reach like I was easily able to reach my grandparents. No one cares.

Anonymous,
From your response I believe the dream title and my amplification of its meaning states what the dream is trying to communicate. An 'inner drive to change personal attitudes' which would be the natural desire of the human psyche.The inner drive is reflected in your 'outer' search for a therapist to help sort through the personality conflicts which were ingrained in you from your childhood experiences and influences. With a strong grandmother who sought to mediate the tensions between siblings and a willful mother who enabled each of you to treat each other with disrespect, a strong emotional conflict was formed during your early years of life. Each of you {siblings} came away with dysfunctional attitudes toward one another which likely manifested into other personality issues. Resolving these issues will take deep introspection and a prolonged therapy.

As for your mother being a part of the dream, she is. The unresolved issues mainly come from her {she has/had issues as a child and examining those may provide insights}. Although she is not named specifically her influences on you as an adult have taken hold. My sense is the 'dog that died' only to show up in the form of a puppy is a reference to your mother as the 'dog' and you as the puppy {adult dog died, somehow in puppy form-loss of positive aspects, experiences that are now being revived}. Your experiences with her have manifested into your personal attitudes, her influences are yours in they have caused these emotional issues as an adult {this would be one application of the dog/puppy images}.

As for your brother you state there was a positive relationship early on that have turned sour in adulthood {brother was sitting on couch to left side-passive relationship with brother}. At one time in life the relationship was close but he drifted away as an older adolescent which now has become an emotional issue that needs to be resolved. He is now behaving as your sister did early on {one moment he laughed at something sister was doing-a need for release of insecurities related to masculine aspects/brother}. The early life ingrained experiences as a child are now a part of your personal life and the shared experiences with your siblings are emotional energies each of you now live with {puppy did get to me-indulging in shared attitudes}. Now you are 'shouldering the issues' {I cuddled it on my shoulder-shouldering emotional issues} and seeking help from a therapist to help resolve the issues {seeking a therapist is a very positive action on your part}. S
'Sorting things out' is your present desire and thought process {started chewing on my hair-sorting/thinking things out}. The dream ends which indicates this is where you are now {or was at the time of the dream}.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 67 Cocoa, Fl

stats from 7-14-10 to the present