Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dead spiders, and searching for someone I can't find.

My common law husband of 20 yrs recently split up for lots of reasons but the straw that broke the camels back was a friend of his and his family fell on hard times and needed a place to stay, (which would have been fine if it was just for a couple of months as initially explained) a couple of months turned into 8 months with no end date in site. Not just his friend and wife but friend, wife, 7 year old daughter, 89 year old father of the wife, a huge dog and there big RV blocking our drive thru drive way. Oh, and my husbands brother also living in our home. Anyway, so I left, and moved to my parents home an hour away.
OK, so I had this dream the other night where I went to our home but it wasn't our home it looked different, and there where all kinds of people living there in all kinds of different rooms and I kept looking for my husband in every room but I couldn't find him. I just kept searching for him coming across our niece that used to live with us when she was eight years old but is now 20 years old, but in the dream she was still that eight year old. We hugged and she helped me look for my husband. Still couldn't find him from room to room but came across these dead spiders. They had long skinny legs ( like daddy long leg spiders) but with round small red bodies, and their legs where curled under them. There where 8-10 and looked like they where displayed on poster board. I remember thinking I'm glad those are dead but that's very peculiar. That was it or as much as I can remember. I recently had a similar dream where I kept looking for my dog, searching for him frantically. About a week after that dream he had a severe stroke that left him in a comma and I had to put him to sleep. When I moved out of my house I brought my 11 year old doberman with me.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 46 female Colorado

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} No

Re: Dead spiders, and searching for someone I can't find.

Keri O'Connor
I had to edit a couple of things, and I didn't know how so this is the same as above just slightly edited.

My common law husband of 20 yrs and I recently split up for lots of reasons but the straw that broke the camels back was a friend of my husband and the friends family fell on hard times and needed a place to stay, (which would have been fine if it was just for a couple of months as initially explained) a couple of months turned into 8 months with no end date in site. Not just his friend and wife but friend, wife, 7 year old daughter, 89 year old father of the wife, a huge dog and there big RV blocking our drive thru drive way. Oh, and my husbands brother also living in our home. Mind you, everyone living rent free. Anyway, so I left, and moved to my parents home an hour away.

OK, so I had this dream the other night where I went to our home but it wasn't our home it looked different, and there where all kinds of people living there in all kinds of different rooms and I kept looking for my husband in every room but I couldn't find him. I just kept searching for him coming across our niece that used to live with us when she was eight years old but is now 20 years old, but in the dream she was still that eight year old. We hugged and she helped me look for my husband. Still couldn't find him from room to room but came across these dead spiders. They had long skinny legs ( like daddy long leg spiders) but with round small red bodies, and their legs where curled under them. There where 8-10 and looked like they where displayed on poster board. I remember thinking I'm glad those are dead but that's very peculiar. That was it or as much as I can remember. I never found my husband.

I recently had a similar dream where I kept looking for my dog, searching for him frantically, and never found him, then About a week after that dream he had a severe stroke that left him in a comma and I had to put him to sleep. When I moved out of my house I brought my 11 year old doberman with me.

Keri,
I'll provide a full summary of my analysis tomorrow {Tuesday} and put it all together {much like a puzzle, putting the pieces together}. Until then here is my amplification of the images and actions from your dream. First let me provide insights to my analysis {Jungian} and how dreams function.

1-Dreams have a language of symbol and metaphor but also with literal applications. The house is both your actual home but also represents you, you are the house.
2-Your dreams are about you and emotional energies within you. Unknown people usually represent other aspects within you {unconscious/unknown}. Known people could be addressing actual experiences with them but also point to qualities/aspects they possess {positive or negative} you identify with.
3-All dreams have at least two 'meanings'/applications. One would be addressing recent experiences that had strong emotional energies and another would be addressing underlying issues that relate to how you act/react to recent experiences. There could be other applications with all of them addressing emotional energies within you.
4-Dreams are narratives much like a play or production. Only they are about your life and emotional issues.
5-Dreams are a product of nature and their primary intent is to present to the dreamer the emotional energies that are forces/motivators in their life. Dreams help to result the emotional conflicts in life. Just as the body has the immune system to heal and protect, the psych{ology} has the dream
6-In my analysis I am only able to provide an outline of the emotional energies. With the added info you provided I can show associations to those experiences but without further personal info can not normally provide info on actual experiences.

I have broken down the dream by title and paragraph. The opening paragraph lays the foundation for what the dream is about. Numbers are important because they more often than not address actual time frames and/or ages. I'll provide a summary ad the with your follow up response perhaps provide further insights.

Amplification of Images/Actions
Title
Dead spiders, and searching for someone I can't find
-overcoming strong feminine impulses/seeking aspects you lack for true balance in life

Dream
-went to our home/wasn't our home-not able to be 'at home' in your real house as well as with yourself
-different people/different rooms-different relationships causing new and different emotions stimulating past emotional energies
-looking for husband/couldn't find him-seeking but unable to have positive aspects in relationship/may be associated to commitments in life
-came across niece when she was 8 years old/she is now 20-aspects related to niece as well as aspects related to her within yourself
***the 20 years and 8 years may have associations to actual experiences. Did anything occur related to the number 8 that may be significant? 8 years ago or when nience was 8 years old {12 years ago}
-we hugged-embracing aspects related to niece
-she helped me look for husband-embracing related aspects that are positive in your life in association with
-couldn't find him/ from room to room-not able to find relationship you need/going from various emotional energies to another {addressing current issues as well as underlying foundations
-came across dead spiders-dead feelings related to feeling like an outsider within your actual home as well as yourself
****consider possibility the dead spiders may be related to mother issues {what was that relationship like? Are there aspects about your mother that fit your adult relationships?''
-had long skinny legs/round small bodies-issues of power/issues with self worth, self esteem {possibly related to self confidence early in life}
-legs were curled under them-issues of self esteem associated with power issues
-were 8/10 displayed on poster card-exhibiting emotional energies related to 8/10 numbers {actual experiences 8/10 years as well as issues of being whole -8+1=9 the number for wholeness in Jungian psyche}
-glad they are dead but very peculiar-experiences from the past {dead} causing issues causing dead emotional energies within you

Added info/other dream
-looking/searching for dog-searching/looking for loyalty, generosity, protection, and fidelity in relationships

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 67 Cocoa, Fl

Keri,
Here is my summary of my analysis of your dream.

The dream is undoubtedly addressing issues related with the number of people whp have taken over your home. The dream pretty much states this in a round about way {dreams are seldom use literal language} causing various emotions within you {Dream language: there where all kinds of people living there in all kinds of different rooms}. But it is also addressing the underlying foundations of personality and personal attitudes that affect your relationships and desires for relationships with men {marriage}. If you look back to your childhood you should see experiences that involve relationships which have affected how you act/re-act as an adult. You may want to look to when you were 8, 9 or 10 and see what experiences during those years that could have caused strong emotional energies that still exist and influence your attitudes as an adult.

One emotional issue that stands out has to do with finding/having a positive relationship with a male and possibly relatives {yours or others}. Your niece may possess aspects related to this search/desire. The bad relationship you had with your ex-husband exemplifies the negatives you have experienced in past relationships and may have roots in early life, possibly related to parents or other close relatives {they would have had similar experiences in relationships with men}. The early life experiences and possibly later life experiences {involving relationships} would have possessed emotional energies that still exist and influence how you feel and think about relationships. There is the possibility the men you choose for relationships are much like what you experienced as a child {like husband, like father}. Or there could have been specific early life experiences that lend to your attitudes toward relationships. Again, look at the time frame of age around 8 years old.

A follow up response is requested. Your feelings about my analysis may provide new info that will help in understanding the dream. With only the knowledge of your age and gender I am limited to providing an outline of the emotional energies. We know you have issues with your ex and his family moving in on you and causing you to leave {that in itself may be a prime motif of the dream}. But the dream strongly points to your search for your husband which, in the context of the negative experience with your ex suggests your need/desire to find a man you can trust. Your inner masculine self may not be properly developed {if so it would be a childhood issue} as well and the dream is addressing that issue.

The dream ends with the narrative about the 8-10 and those aspects being dead. The numbers have meaning, exactly in what way is not known {with the limited info about your personal life}. There is a 'peculiar' aspect to this part of the dream which may point to recent experiences related to your ex and his family taking over your home. Emotional these masculine issues may be taking over your thoughts and feelings. These issues need to be resolved.

The other dream you provided does point to issues to do with a search. A dog symbolically can represent loyalty and fidelity. These would likely be characteristics you seek in a relationship. And it could very well be your childhood experiences included people who either fit with these characteristics and you wish to have as an adult, or the opposite, where these were lacking and you wish to bring about the positives you seek in a relationship.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 67 Cocoa, Fl

stats from 7-14-10 to the present