Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dissolved by the light of the Sun

It was a short dream and i don't remember much of it but it began with me and my girlfriend V in what seemed to be new york or some city as we looked up towards the sky. In reality, V is filled with admiration and joy whenever she sees a beautiful sky with amazing colors and clouds. In the dream, the sky was full of Pinks, Purples, and blues, each cutting the other's hold on the sky. They created a complex dizzying array of streaks in the sky. V was next to me as we looked up and marveled in amazement as she always does. As V and others around me marveled at how much more beautiful the sky became with each passing moment, i felt the same astonishment but felt as though something was wrong. Im not sure what happens after this, but day may have to turned to night or the sun may have set very quickly. But after this forgotten moment, the Sun begins to rise and the dawn comes again with its all encompassing splendor and golden light. but as V and those around me marvel more, the Sun's expansion never ends but I'm the only one who seems to notice this. It expands exponentially and covers everyone's entire field of vision until its golden light becomes a scorching hot red and its fires more apparent. Knowing this would happen early on before anyone else, I accepted my fate and grew more curious rather than fearful, of how it will feel once im consumed by this immense light and power. I began to feel full acceptance once my vision was no longer useful due to the blinding all encompassing white light. I felt almost suspended in this moment as if the ground underneath me already disintegrated but im not too sure because the light was too blinding. But once i felt this suspension, i awaited the impact of the sun dissolving me. Not knowing whether it would be a light feeling or a grueling pain, i waited in suspension. I didn't know if this suspension was my dissolution. But soon after, I felt the impact, but it wasnt a dissoluton, it was more of an ecstatic bursting of all my cells and my entire body. This immersion in the light was quick and powerful and once i felt the beginning of this burning away, i awoke due to the intensity of the light and feeling. lol what may this symbolize? i havent had a dream this vivid and intense in a while. especially one so transformative.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 20, Male, Florida

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} yes

Re: Dissolved by the light of the Sun

Abriel,
Transformative seems to be the proper term for this dream. Or transformation. The dream seems to be pointing to very positive aspects but with some doubts about the possibilities. Something in your emotional life is, or is capable, of encompass your whole being and possibly capable of suspending all other aspects in your life. This could point to a relationship {girlfriend} or/and spiritual/creative aspects {the creative aspect is a spiritual endeavor}. If you follow up on this path it would/could end or change how you live/feel/think. It may involve letting go of the normal/customary way you live and embrace something very different. What is it in your life that fits with the above? Could it have to do with your creative aspects as we addressed in your Soul and Egg dream? Likely there have been recent events or experiences that helped illuminate this 'transforming' aspect.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 67 Cocoa, Fl

Thanks so much for responding Gerry. Going back to everything you also told me back then in my Soul and Egg dream, i feel like i not only need to begin going within once again, but also embracing and eventually delving within my dreams again. It's been a while since my last dream. I don't want to get too specific but a lot has changed since then. I met the first love of my life, my current girlfriend, and have grown more as a result. But i can also say for the past year, i was able to gain more balance and see the sort of path my state of mind and decisions were leading me to and could keep leading me to for the better. These decisions were mostly helping change certain patterns of addiction and escapism i was aware of early on but made more effort to change. Let's just say i had an experience that altered me and left me trying to feel whole again and with my body, mind, and spirit connected once again. Months after this experience, once i felt somewhat back on my feet, i realized that these patterns of addiction and escapism were back and harder to fix and change due to my imbalanced being. There was a large imbalance. I knew it. I think its also important to mention that during this past year, i was not creating at all whatsoever. i feel like i was so entranced by life that creating was not my top priority. But i recently began creating once again just around march this year and have not stopped. But these same patterns of escapism that i know i dont need and that leave me imbalanced interfere and grab my awareness and my time which i know can be used to create. So I definitely need to change this static way of living and give myself to the creative spirit and heart. I have been creating so much more and i know i can grow so much from it but this resistance and escapism need to dissolve. I need to go within again. I feel like the treasures and insights waiting for me beyond the edge of resistance and transformation are even more powerful this time around. Thanks so much Gerry, I love this forum and you for creating it. Your Guidance is always extremely helpful, inspiring, and definitely appreciated. I will come back to you after another exciting journey within. Btw I love the new oceanic layout of the forum. Great change.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 20, Male, Miami

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} yes

Abriel,
I'll provide a full response Sunday. I will say the process of resolving inner issues is a long one {this is soul work, the Process of Individuation}. The journey of the hero is fraught with trials and 'danger' {falling back on old addictions, attitudes}. Sometimes it is one step forward and two steps back. Staying the path, being your true self {through self discovery/inner work} is how you progress and change the patterns from negative to positive. Nature has devices to support your journey. Discipline is required. Wholeness is within reach.

Jerry

Abriel,
The creative spirit will take you a long way to achieving wholeness. But the inner demons must be confronted and resolved. I know firsthand how these energies interact with the conscious life and thwart efforts to concentrate on the creative self. They keep creeping back, making themselves known by causing one to revert back to old habits. The ego relies on these energies to sustain the negative side of life. This is why Joseph Campbell said the ego must undergo a complete annihilation, a death and resurrection so the creative/spiritual Self can live a conscious life {this is the symbolic value of the death and resurrection of Jesus on the cross}. It is the hero path, the journey inward, conquering and defeating the unconscious negative energies that rule the conscious life. Until this is done you will be at the mercy of these energies.

The hero path is a psychological journey.

Jerry

stats from 7-14-10 to the present