Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Eye of Horus, Levitation & Ouroboros in last nights dream

Hello,

Last night I dreamt I met a lady in the restaurant of a motel. The restaurant had a dance floor and at one point the lady took my hand and asked me to dance but as she did I felt energy extend from her palm into my my own. I let her know what I felt and she responded by showing me both of her palms, then she faced her palms together at a distance of about 10 inches and began to move them around in a circular motion. As I was watching the Eye of Horus appeared in the middle of the space between her hands. The eye was bright and vivid, almost as if it had been coloured in in pencil and about the size of one of her hands itself. It starred at me and I at it, and then she put her hands away and began to dance on the midst of of all the people.

Later on, during the same dream I opened a door to room and inside, I noticed catholic pope wearing a white gown with gold tapestry and a gold crown. The pope had a musician with him, who at the popes request played a song on a guitar. As the musician began to play the guitar and sing the pope began to levitate. As I listened to the music I felt a vibration at the base of my spine which moved upwards ato my stomach and as this feeling intensified I noticed that I had begun to feel light and that levitate myself. The pope noticed and asked why I was levitating so close to the floor? And as I relaxed more I became lighter and started to levitate higher. Eventually I completely let go of all inhibitions and gave myself to the experience and as I did I levitated to the ceiling. At the ceiling height I could see a brightly coloured green Ouroboros levitating in the corner. It was really pretty and about the size of a car steering wheel. The Ouroboros hovered in front of me drawing my levitation closer towards itself until the Oborus hovered in front of me, which is when I woke up this morning.

I would love to hear from anyone who has seen these symbols in their dreams or has any interpretation they would like to share.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 34 M

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} No

Re: Eye of Horus, Levitation & Ouroboros in last nights dream

Chris,
I am working on your dream and will try to have an analysis tomorrow if not sooner. Because there are possible archetypal images I am looking at those associations to help determine what the dream message is. Most dreams with prominent archetypal images like this one points to a major event in the dreamer's life. I do sense possible changes/transformation taking place in your life from the dream, something you may be aware of. Also the dream may be addressing recent experiences involving females and possible associations to your mother. I'll expand on these in my final analysis. Until then here a few links that may help to enlighten you about the images {Eye of Horus/Oroborus} and how they fit with Jungian dream analysis. You can also click on the links to my sites on archetypes and the shadow.

Carl Jung on the Oroborus
Basically the Ouroboros is a dramatic symbol for the integration and assimilation of the opposite, i.e. of the shadow

Psychic objectivity and the Eye of God: Bearing witness to the myth of the apocalypse
Theories regarding the archetypal dimension of the eye are discussed including Jung’s contention that the eye acts as a regulating principle, or yantra within the psyche, restoring balance in times of psychological chaos, upheaval, and transition.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 67 Cocoa, Fl

Chris,
I need more time to analysis your dream. Ia working on the amplification of the images and actions and see a pattern evolving but have not quite finished putting it together. I will post what I have gotten thus far, my interpretation of the individual images/actions. I am breaking the dream down by paragraph.

Title: Eye of Horus, Levitation & Ouroboros in last nights dream
-Eye of Horus
The Eye of Horus is an ancient Egypt, symbol representing protection, health, and restoration. The eye is personified in the goddess Wadjet {also written as Wedjat, or Udjat", Uadjet, Wedjoyet, Edjo or Uto}

Eye of Horus

-Ouroboros
Ouroboros is an ancient symbol depicting a serpent or dragon eating its own tail. The whole divine figure represents the beginning and the end of time. While first emerging in Ancient Egypt, the Ouroboros has been important in religious and mythological symbolism, but has also been frequently used in alchemical illustrations, where it symbolizes the circular nature of the alchemist's opus.

Ouroboros

-Levitation
Definition: To hover over

Dream
I dreamt I met a lady in the restaurant of a motel. The restaurant had a dance floor and at one point the lady took my hand and asked me to dance but as she did I felt energy extend from her palm into my my own. I let her know what I felt and she responded by showing me both of her palms, then she faced her palms together at a distance of about 10 inches and began to move them around in a circular motion. As I was watching the Eye of Horus appeared in the middle of the space between her hands. The eye was bright and vivid, almost as if it had been coloured in in pencil and about the size of one of her hands itself. It starred at me and I at it, and then she put her hands away and began to dance on the midst of of all the people.

-met a lady-encounter with emotional energies
-in restaurant of a motel-seeking emotional nourishment while undergoing changes
-restaurant had dance floor-emotional energies that need expression
-lady took my hand/asked me to dance-emotional energies taking charge/seeking solutions from restrictions
-felt energy extend from her palm into my own-emotional energies expanding and holding power into waking life
-let her know how I felt/responded by showing both of her palms-expressing emotional energies/consciously reacting to unconscious energies
-she faced her palms together about 10 inches-merging of conscious/unconscious energies
-move them around circular motion-
-As I was watching the eye of Horus appeared in middle of space between her hands-healing of emotional conflict related to feminine relationships
-eye was bright and vivid/had been colored in pencil size of one of her hands-

Later on, during the same dream I opened a door to room and inside, I noticed catholic pope wearing a white gown with gold tapestry and a gold crown. The pope had a musician with him, who at the popes request played a song on a guitar. As the musician began to play the guitar and sing the pope began to levitate. As I listened to the music I felt a vibration at the base of my spine which moved upwards ato my stomach and as this feeling intensified I noticed that I had begun to feel light and that levitate myself. The pope noticed and asked why I was levitating so close to the floor? And as I relaxed more I became lighter and started to levitate higher. Eventually I completely let go of all inhibitions and gave myself to the experience and as I did I levitated to the ceiling. At the ceiling height I could see a brightly coloured green Ouroboros levitating in the corner. It was really pretty and about the size of a car steering wheel. The Ouroboros hovered in front of me drawing my levitation closer towards itself until the Ouroboros hovered in front of me, which is when I woke up this morning.

-opened a door to room-receptive to an inner emotional aspect
-noticed catholic pope-universal spiritual patterns
-wearing a white gown/tapestry/gold crown-exhibiting/projecting image/perceptions from past involving power and control
-pope had musician with him-expressing universal beliefs/patterns
-pope's request played song on a guitar-universal application of conscious emotional actions
-as musician began to play guitar and sing-expressing passionate emotions
-pope began to levitate-holding to universal patterns
-felt vibration at base of spine-foundational emotional aspects

Jerry

Chris,
Below is the amplification of the images and actions from your deam.

Title: Eye of Horus, Levitation & Ouroboros in last nights dream
-Eye of Horus
The Eye of Horus is an ancient Egypt, symbol representing protection, health, and restoration. The eye is personified in the goddess Wadjet {also written as Wedjat, or Udjat", Uadjet, Wedjoyet, Edjo or Uto}

Eye of Horus

-Ouroboros
Ouroboros is an ancient symbol depicting a serpent or dragon eating its own tail. The whole divine figure represents the beginning and the end of time. While first emerging in Ancient Egypt, the Ouroboros has been important in religious and mythological symbolism, but has also been frequently used in alchemical illustrations, where it symbolizes the circular nature of the alchemist's opus.

Ouroboros

-Levitation
Definition: To hover over

Dream
I dreamt I met a lady in the restaurant of a motel. The restaurant had a dance floor and at one point the lady took my hand and asked me to dance but as she did I felt energy extend from her palm into my my own. I let her know what I felt and she responded by showing me both of her palms, then she faced her palms together at a distance of about 10 inches and began to move them around in a circular motion. As I was watching the Eye of Horus appeared in the middle of the space between her hands. The eye was bright and vivid, almost as if it had been coloured in in pencil and about the size of one of her hands itself. It starred at me and I at it, and then she put her hands away and began to dance on the midst of of all the people.

-met a lady-encounter with emotional energies in relationship to feminine/female
-in restaurant of a motel-seeking emotional nourishment while undergoing changes
-restaurant had dance floor-expressing emotional energies
-lady took my hand/asked me to dance-emotional energies taking charge/seeking solutions from restrictions
-felt energy extend from her palm into my own-emotional energies expanding and holding power into waking life
-let her know how I felt/she responded by showing both of her palms-expressing emotional energies/consciously reacting to unconscious energies
-she faced her palms together about 10 inches-merging of conscious/unconscious energies
-move them around circular motion-conscious repetition of unconscious energies
-As I was watching the eye of Horus appeared in middle of space between her hands-healing of emotional conflict related to feminine relationships
-eye was bright and vivid/had been colored in pencil size of one of her hands-inner perception of real experiences

Later on, during the same dream I opened a door to room and inside, I noticed catholic pope wearing a white gown with gold tapestry and a gold crown. The pope had a musician with him, who at the popes request played a song on a guitar. As the musician began to play the guitar and sing the pope began to levitate. As I listened to the music I felt a vibration at the base of my spine which moved upwards ato my stomach and as this feeling intensified I noticed that I had begun to feel light and that levitate myself. The pope noticed and asked why I was levitating so close to the floor? And as I relaxed more I became lighter and started to levitate higher. Eventually I completely let go of all inhibitions and gave myself to the experience and as I did I levitated to the ceiling. At the ceiling height I could see a brightly coloured green Ouroboros levitating in the corner. It was really pretty and about the size of a car steering wheel. The Ouroboros hovered in front of me drawing my levitation closer towards itself until the Oborus hovered in front of me, which is when I woke up this morning.

-opened a door to room-opening up to an inner emotional aspect
-noticed catholic pope-universal patterns of externally imposed commands
-wearing a white gown/tapestry/gold crown-exhibiting/projecting image/perceptions from past involving power and control
-pope had musician with him-expressing universal beliefs/patterns
-pope's request played song on a guitar-conscious application of conscious emotional actions
-as musician began to play guitar and sing-expressing passionate emotions related to universal patterns
-pope began to levitate-holding to universal patterns
-felt vibration at base of spine-foundational emotional aspects
-which moved upwards to my stomach-central motivator of emotions
-this feeling intensified I noticed I begun to feel light that levitated myself-motivating energies that guide your conscious life
-pope noticed/ask why I was levitating so close to floor-conscious awareness that motivate actions
-as I became lighter started to levitate higher-alleviating conscious
-I completely let go of all inhibitions/gave myself to experience-giving in to unconscious energies
-as I did I levitated to ceiling-rising to mental perceptions
-at ceiling height I could see a brightly coloured green Ouroboros levitating in corner-
-was really pretty/size of steering wheel-conscious appeal to controlling energies
-Ouroboros hovered in front of me-foundational energies being acted out in conscious life
-drawing my levitation closer towards itself-assimilation of unconscious energies into conscious self
-until Ouroboros hovered in front of me-energies that are controlling conscious self
end of amplification

Summary: Conscious perception of relationship with females acquired from early life experiences. These perceptions may be related to impulses you now have in adult life. What you experienced as a child you are now living out in your life today. Repeating what you experienced {circular nature of early life foundational experiences}. You may be aware of these 'impulses' or actions. Possibly finding enjoyment from them even though they may not be appropriate.

Your response may provide insights to personal actions I can not derive from the dream {I can only outline the emotional energies}. There may have been recent events or experiences that relate to the actions and could be important to your life.

Jerry

stats from 7-14-10 to the present