Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Dream that I killed someone to save someone else but felt guilty

Becky,
Here is my analysis of your dream. Most of it seems to be straightforward in its message but exactly how it relates only you can know {I can only provide an outline of the emotional energies with what little info I have about you and your life}.

Title: Dream that I killed someone to save someone else but felt guilty
-I killed someone to save someone else-removing an aspect/experience that causes anger within you to save another aspect/your whole self
-felt guilty-negative feelings about yourself as a result of the experience

Dream Content
I had a dream that I was a completely different person, a man. There was a plane crash and I saved a woman and myself by parachuting off. We landed in a jungle and had to escape from cannibals who ate the remains of all the people who had died in the plane crash. Then there was this other man who took her, he had a knife and threatened to kill her. I tried to play it out so I didn't kill him- but saved her. But he killed her so I went back in time and tried again. There was no way of saving her but not killing him, so I killed him. Before I did, he saw I had reservations and talked me into doing it telling me to stab him over and over again. I felt so guilty in the dream and woke up feeling guilty. All of the people in my dream were complete strangers. What does it all mean?

-a different person, a man-the masculine within you {assertive, aggressive, and/or competitive} that makes yo do/be opposite of who you really are. There is a possibility it could also be a reference to your father/ or an actual 'other man'
-plane crash-loss of personal power that affects self esteem, perhaps producing attitudes of self doubt or a self defeating attitude
-I saved a woman-saving yourself {emotionally}
-by parachutting-protecting yourself from an negative emotional energy {from a life experience}
-landed in jungle-part of your personality that may be inhibited, self conscious and /or shy
-escape from cannibals who ate the remains-a need to remove consuming emotional energies that may cause destructive behavior {to yourself and/or someone else}
-other man who took her-could point to an actual experience involving a man in your life
-he had a knife/threaten to kill her-lack of control in a relationship {with man}being dominated/a betrayal of trust which changed who you are
-played it out-play out the emotional energies related to the experiences
-so I didn't kill him-could point to actual desires/not yet having removed the emotional energies
-but saved her-you save yourself by repressing/ignoring the experiences and unconscious emotional energies
-he saw I had reservations/talked me into doing it-causing inner self doubt/inner energies that communicate to other waking self
-felt guilty in dream/woke up feeling guilty-repressed unconscious/emotional energies that cause you to feel consciously guilty {guilt may be felt consciously but you do not know the reason}
Note: often a person will feel guilty from something inapproperiate that happened to them even though it was not their fault
-people were strangers-parts of yourself that is repressed and hidden/ Cold possibly be a reference to an actual starnger {man}

Summary
I believe my amplification of the images/actions pretty much tells the story. Repressed emotions/experiences that cause guilt that caused aspects of your personality to be injured/damaged . Repression is a mechanism to hide negative emotions/experiences so not to experience pain in conscious life. The repressed experiences may have affected certain aspects of your personality {destructive behavior, domination {being or doing}, issues of self esteem/self doubt.

Please provide a response, something more than just a thank you. Does the analysis fit?

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 67 Male Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} www.powerofdreams.net

Re: Dream that I killed someone to save someone else but felt guilty

Thank you for the analysis.
I think some aspects of it makes sense and quite a lot of it has made me think about what I might be repressing- although I have an idea, I'm still not completely sure it is just one thing. The part about lack of control in a relationship makes sense to me, although it is not a current relationship but my last one was an abusive one. I tried to use Google to analyse it myself before posting on this forum but you've been much more helpful so thank you.

stats from 7-14-10 to the present