Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Art - and maybe aweird adventure. In color.

Jackie,
I appreciate your detailed response. It provided insights to the dream and the analysis with remarkable similarities in the dream language to your actual life experiences. Not often this is true since dream language is primarily symbolic with only some literal translation. As often the case the dream title says a lot about the dream message. Translated I came up with 'creative aspects/life adventures/various emotional energies'. That seems to fit with your description of your journey in your response.

As for the direction you need to take. Yes, I agree. The dream is pointing to the need for you to follow your creative bliss. And it is acknowledging the obstacles you have faced in the positions you have been in and the fears and anxieties you still have regarding your future. As for Jaime he would represent the success you seek in your creative self {your masculine aspect representing success and strength}. He has achieved what you wish to achieve for yourself using strength and perseverance. As you stated, "He appears to have his life together in a way that I envy and wish for, for myself". Your anxieties in coming to grips with your fears are addressing in almost exact language. In the dream there is, "What if I can’t get to where I want to go? What if I go too far to the wrong place?" There is a lot of language in the dream that reflects what yo state in your response, especially your determination to go left {following your creative aspects} instead of right {social duty/doing what you are told}.

These parts of the dream are defined in my analysis and your confirmation. The next task is to determine what underlying energies exist within your psyche that make up who you are and why you act in certain experiences/environments. In the third paragraph there is this; 'I listen to the other people' which when translated -not following desired path/following other people's lead. This has led you in the wrong direction on several occasions {as with the terrible jobs}. My sense is this is an aspect of your personality which, when looking for the source for personality and attitudes, goes back to childhood when traits and instilled habits are formed {from the environment in which you grew up and lived}. Hopping on the bus {your total self} closest to you {first paragraph} would suggest you are following your programming from early life. Only after inner reflection do you realize you are on the wrong bus. But because of the programming you tend to have 'to see where it is going'. That is social/family programming, following the money/career instead of your bliss. Look to your childhood and relationship with family and environment to see how that fits.

The dream ends with, 'I then opted to head out to look for Park-wherever'. Not knowing exactly where you are going {wherever} but looking for Park{hurst}. The 'park' is not stated as Elmwood {the artistic neighborhood} but it is a park which represents a temporary escape from reality as well as renewal, meditation, and spirituality, a period of a readjustment. But because Parkhurst is not Elmwood there is still aspects of indecision. That would be a statement of the anxieties and fears you still have in life. To get to those a deeper introspection is necessary, getting to the core of your psyche, starting with childhood to determine what are the energies that drive unconsciously you. One avenue in doing this, the one I took, is Jung's Individuation Process {Individuation is the development of one's individual personality through a bringing-to-consciousness and assimilation of unconscious tendencies}. Read my pages on the topic and see if it fits.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 67 Male Cocoa, Fl

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} www.powerofdreams.net

Hi Jerry,

Thank you for your response. I can certainly identify with all of the aspects of your response. With regards to the Programming, I can, without a doubt, say that was largely influenced by my parents and their beliefs surrounding work that were instilled. I KNOW I am trying to break my thought process out of that frame of thinking. The thoughts are limiting for me and are not proving to help me in my happiness process and working creatively.

I will take a look and read the information on the Individuation Process and see how it relates.

Thank you for linking that!

Jackie

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 41 F WNY

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Yes

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Repost of earlier dream

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 68 Cocoa, Fl

stats from 7-14-10 to the present