Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
PATTERNS: UNLOCKING THE UNIVERSE

First let me borrow from an article some of the wording about the patterns that govern the universe that have associations to my theories on patterns in dreams. The article link is PATTERNS: UNLOCKING THE UNIVERSE and I suggest you read it.

This is a great piece.'By identifying and grouping these patterns we can start analyzing and learning about the underlying mechanics governing the systems' {identified in the article}. I am a student of patterns, psychological patterns in particular. Also interested in numbers, especially the number 9 and 6 both being associated as a pattern number related to wholeness {the ultimate goal of achievement in life according to Jung}. I will focus will be on numbers and how they play with the natural patterns in the article. Let me reference more of the article to provide insights to its message.

True understanding & comprehension comes when enough dots become connected and you finally see the big picture. The big world becomes small. Distance vanishes & everything is interconnected.

The more you understand, the more you see these patterns – the more obvious they stand out.

The key to understanding life may be found in understanding these patterns – in relating these disparate subjects and finding a thread of commonality.

If we can understand this stuff, we can control it. We can invent new things. This is why it’s important to understand these patterns – it gives us the ability to unlock the universe.

Before I get to numbers and patterns I have to take issue with one statement in the article. The article reads, "You’re born and know nothing – your dataset is empty. As you experience things through your senses (sight, taste, touch, hearing) you begin to form your idea of the world."

Whether it was intentional or merely an oversight {I take it the author is aware of the psychological patterns which I will reference} but we are born predetermined set of instructions. They are called archetypes. Jung's archetypes, the predetermined 'psyche' patterns of instructions. Just how they fit with your universal patterns is the question I am working with. From the your article I do see something of interest. But before I get to my thoughts on that and how they fit with archetypes and psyche patterns let me provide insights to Jung's thinking.

Jung and Numbers
'Jung thought of numbers as archetypes and, as such, they were “pre-existent to consciousness.” That is, they were not something humans invented, but were more something we “found or discovered.” In a footnote in an essay “On the Nature of the Psyche,” Jung noted that “A mathematician once remarked that everything in science was man-made except numbers, which had been created by God himself.”

Archetypes are autonomous and “condition consciousness,” i.e. they spontaneously give rise to certain behaviors or reactions, independent of our ego desires, and they can pattern daily living. Hypothesizing that numbers are archetypes, Jung ventured to suggest that numbers, like other archetypes, are “spontaneously produced by the unconscious,” and “show a tendency to behave in a special way'.[*borrowed language]

Archetypes are a vital component in both dreams and mythology. So are numbers. Joseph Campbell, a 'Jungian' stated it this way.

“Dream is the personalized myth, myth the depersonalized dream”. Myth and dream are symbolic in the same general way of the dynamic of the psyche. Better yet, stated this way a more precise meaning can be gained. 'Dream is the personal myth, myth the universal dream'. This is important because we are speaking to the 'universal' aspects within nature.

Universal Numbers
Let's look at universal numbers and specifically the number of the golden mean, 1.618. We have to be inventive but when I read this when analyzing dreams the number 'symbolically' in Jungian psyche would have to do with wholeness. The number 1 would represent wholeness, the whole person psychologically speaking. The number one in the golden mean is following by a period then the sequence of numbers 618. Break that down to to 6 and 18. 1+8= 9. The number 9 has many associations in so many aspects to wholeness, one of which is the circumference of a circle which is 360 degrees {3+6=9}. In Jungian psyche the circle does represent wholeness {symbolically in dreams and the preconditioned psyche}.
see may page Secrets of the Number Nine

That leaves the number 6 {which when written is the reverse of 9-69}. A Circle is evenly divided into six equal triangles. The angles at the center are all 60 degrees. This is because the six angles at the center are all equal, and a circle has 360 degrees. 360 divided by 6. Jung followed the numerological correspondences of the occult, which are tied in depth with the Kabbalah and the Tarot. Each triangle is Isosceles which means equal length, or equals. 6 and 9 as equals in wholeness but represented the opposites {6 as a reversed 9}. Natural patterns equated in numbers as well as psyche energies.

How important is the number 9 to human life. One example is with the human heart beat. Consider:

-Human mean normal respiration rate is 18 times per minute (ibid.)
-Human mean normal heartbeat is 72 times a minute (ibid.)
-Average number of heartbeats per hour is 4,320
Do the math and you come up with the number 9.

This is but one association we can refer to in equating numbers and universal patterns that govern all things. Just what it all means is the task for us to discover and understand. But within nature there is no set intent but there are established patterns {intent suggests thinking or thought}. I do believe to discover the secrets we need only follow the natural patterns. This is what I do when analyzing dreams. And in doing so I discover patterns, patterns of behavior. Behavior that is naturally influenced by the archetypes.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 67 Male Cocoa, Fl

stats from 7-14-10 to the present