Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Crawling Baby

Hi Jerry

I imagine most males/fathers are not around much when kids were growing up 3 decades ago. My father was the sole income earner so I didnt see him as often but I was much closer to him than my mother. My mother would try to help supplement the household income by working sweatlabour jobs at home, to the point of neglecting me.

Growing up I always got along better with males than women so really if there is a issue with a gender it would be with mothers/women.

My baby related anxieties do not have anything to do with being a good mother. Infact, I intend on being the type of mother that I never had, my anxieties relate more to the babys health and development.

If you were to ask about my current relationship with my father, I would say its good at the moment because it is distanced, by choice. To change that would be re-entering into a toxic relationship which I have no intention of re-entering.

Hope that helps.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 35/F/Sydney

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Jan 18

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Re: Crawling Baby

Anonymous,
Yes, this is very helpful. Different from most dreams that focus on the masculine which most always have negative implications, your dream is just the opposite. The part in the dream where your husband had tears of joy points to the 'positive' relationship with the masculine/males in your life. Having analyzed so many dreams where the masculine is a negative aspect I wrongly took this as a negative despite the positive of the masculine aspects. In fact my first impression was a positive take of the tears of joy {again demonstrating to always go with the first intuitive impression} and I ignored that and had to find other aspects of the dream to support a negative take. The negative relationship was with your mother, the neglect you experience something you are determined not to repeat with your children. Those are the developed attitudes you have from childhood, those with your mother. Of course if I had this info prior to my analysis I could have avoided this mistake.

Looking back at the dream and the amplification of the symbols, one tale tell-tale part was the dream language at the very end of the dream which points to a positive masculine aspect. That language was , "I said to him, at least now you know its a boy". Telling 'him' would be addressing your animus qualities, your inner masculine, and what that is saying is you will be more life your supportive father. Being a boy would support that position. If it were a girl {dream language} then it would be a negative, the girl representing a weak feminine aspect like your mother was in your childhood.

Your response to my analysis is why I ask for a follow up to my interpretations. Every dream is a learning experience. Dreams reflect the true self and not what the ego wishes the self, or the world regards as original. With the limited info I have about the dreamer from the post {age and gender} I can most always pin down the general outline of the emotional energies. It is the follow up response that allows me to make assessments of the personal experiences that underlie the general outline. Usually I need only to build on what I provided in my original analysis. Occasionally, as with your dream, I will make corrections to the analysis since the additional personal info provides conclusive evidence of what the underlying energies are. As with all dreams there is evidence of personal development of attitudes and that comes out with a general outline of them. Add in-depth personal info and the source of the developed attitudes can be identified. Perhaps another title you could have used for the dream would be 'the good mother' since that seems to be the primary message of this dream.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 67 Cocoa, Fla

stats from 7-14-10 to the present