Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: killer

Anonymous,
I began to amplify the images/actions/symbols but saw a pattern that fits with your physical healing and also possible application of the 'he' as a male individual in your life. The building, the killer, and in the application of the animus concept {inner masculine} are all you. The 'first person' is also your human self as an individual}. What is occurring in aspect to the physical healing is what you are doing to yourself. The 'he', if a real person {having additional personal info would be required to verify this} would be contributing to what is occurring.

Basically there is emotional conflict/pain being addressed in the dream. One would be associated with the physical healing. The he in the first application would be your animus. The other 'he' could be a male who would a contributor to the emotional conflict {I do get a sense from the dream language and progression that this is a real possibility}. There is inner pain in your life and a need/desire/strength {your animus qualities} to confront/overcome the physical aspects. The outer pain would be from an male.

Here is what I came up with in the amplification of the images/actions/symbols {partial amplification}

Amplification of Images/Actions/Symbols

Title: Killer
-From the Dream Dictionary: To see a killer in your dream suggests that an essential aspect of your emotions have been cut off. You feel that you are losing your identity and your individuality. Alternatively, this dream may represent purification and the healing process. You are standing up for yourself and putting a dramatic end to something.

Dream Content
I was in a public building
-public-definition: of or concerning the people as a whole/universal aspects/ego persona
-buiding-DD: represents the self and the body

not sure if I heard a serial killer
-heard {DD-hear}-a waking situation where you feel that no one is listening to you or paying attention to what you are saying.
-a serial killer
--serial-contineous
--killer DD-To see a killer in your dream suggests that an essential aspect of your emotions have been cut off. You feel that you are losing your identity and your individuality. Alternatively, this dream may represent purification and the healing process

or if it was just someone trying to kill first person in sight
-someone trying to kill-self conflict {someone is dreamer/to kill-emotional conflict}
-someone trying to kill-an actual person who is causing emotional conflict in her life
-first person in sight
--first-original protagonist
--person-connection or relationship with this person. It may also mean reconnecting an aspect of your own self that you have ignored or abandoned
-in sight-mental image/unconscious {first person in life/self}

killer was coming at me with sword in his hand
-killer- person causing conflict {could represent self conflict}
-was coming at me-accomplishment/succeeding in causing conflict
-with sword-DD-wielding a sword represents your strength, ambition, competitive nature decisiveness and willpower/represent masculine power {animus}
-in hand-DD-abilities

Let me know your thoughts and from those we should be able to derive more of what the dream message is.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 67 Cocoa, Fla

I am trying to heal physical pain in my neck and back (the areas where I was stabbed in the dream) by releasing past emotional conflict causing blockage in those areas, which results in physical pain. I don't know if the healing is working or what may need to be addressed so that the healing works. I've had various conflicts with males so could it mean that a male is the cause of "the pain in neck."

Anonymous,d
As I 'speculated' the dream is addressing both. It is possible the pain in the neck {no pun intended} may be caused by the pain in relationship with males. If true the psychological issues will need to be addressed and that will require deep examination of why there are issues with men. Having trouble with relationships is likely more than just a case of bad choice or bad luck but with inner issues when choosing relationships or issues within yourself while in relationships. In the dream 'he' said he wanted you to feel the pain. That could point to animus issues but would likely be in some manner a literal application. Not that you did anything to warrant pain {but a possibility} but a case where there was injury inflicted earlier in life {a father or earlier relationship with a male}. The dream is reflecting the pain associated with the original experiences and you may be punishing yourself. Looking within {psychologically} is how you determine what the causes are.

Jerry

Since I do have this neck/back pain in real life, do you think it's a possibility that the cause could be psychological?

Anonymous,
It could be one of the reasons. Health issues can be a part of the dream since the pain is an emotional issue. If the back is severe enough it cold be a 'serial killer' and you need a pain killer to help alleviate both the physical and psychological pain. But also look at the underlying issues. The building is your whole self and the many 'floors' that make up the building/you. One of those floors is your physical pain. But there are other floors and other aspects of pain, involving psychological pain. There needs to be a cure for both. One could very well cause the other or lend to it.

Jerry

stats from 7-14-10 to the present