Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hawk

I see a rooster perched on a power line at the edge of my property. A large hawk swoops down and grabs the rooster. It holds the rooster's head with one claw and its back with another. It flies in a wide circle over to the neighbor's yard opposite side of my property. There it lands and rips off the rooster's head and eats up the entire rooster. Then a mouse scurries in the grass and the hawk pounces. The hawk instantly turns into a strange man, dressed in Victorian style clothing including a cape. He scoops up the live mouse in one hand and eats it. The man looks at me and smiles mysteriously, an animal that only looks like a man. He acts like he sees me, but he also seems not to see me. He then digs up a coffin with his bare hands like a big dog. He drags a corpse out of the coffin and lines up on the head. His mouth grows wide like a python and he swallows the corpse. I am disgusted, shocked and frightened. I wonder what he'll do next. The man again seems to see me and not see me. I get a sort of message, maybe telepathically from the strange man, like an insight that the dead man was corrupt in life and his remains had to be eliminated.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57-M

Re: Hawk

Ray,
I am going to provide my analysis of the images and actions and let you comment before giving a final interpretation of your dream. There are strong energies at play {the dream is about you and your emotions} and the dream is addressing those as well as likely real people from your past/present {if still alive}. Let me know your thoughts and we can go from there.

Hawk
-personality aspects/traits

I see a rooster perched on a power line at the edge of my property.
-see a Rooster-characteristics of masculinity, pride, valor, cockiness and arrogance
-perched on a power line-situated in a struggle for power and empowerment
-at edge of my property-limitations by personal attitudes
Summary-There are issues with masculinity/pride {rooster} related to inner struggles of power and empowerment that limit personal characteristics

A large hawk swoops down and grabs the rooster
-large hawk-aggressive aspects
-swoops down/grabs rooster-in the grasp of emotional energies
Summary-Aggressive aspects that control your emotional energies

It holds the rooster's head with one claw and its back with another.
-it hold's rooster's head with one claw-being controlled by hostel mental aspects
-its back with another-unconsciously structured
Summary-being control by unconscious mental aspects

It flies in a wide circle over to the neighbor's yard opposite side of my property
-it flies in a wide circle-unrestricted repetition
-over to neighbor's yard-projected onto outer aspects
-opposite side of property-conflicting with inner control {ability to control}
Summary-outwardly projecting unconscious energies you are unable to control

There it lands and rips off the rooster's head and eats up the entire rooster
-there it lands-permanently situated
-rips off the rooster's head-negative reduction of personality aspects
-eats entire rooster-aggressive aspects that consumes whole self
Summary-Permanent characteristics that consume who you are

Then a mouse scurries in the grass and the hawk pounces
-mouse scurries in the grass-insecurities related by personal growth
-hawk pounces-demonstration of aggressive aspects
Summary-Negative aspects due to insecurities related to personal growth {childhood and beyond}

The hawk instantly turns into a strange man, dressed in Victorian style clothing including a cape
-hawk instantly turns into strange man-displaying aggressive aspects
-dressed in Victorian clothing-emotional energies organized in repressed fashion
-including a cape-controlled by unconscious aspects
Summary-displaying aggressive aspects related to structured unconscious energies

He scoops up the live mouse in one hand and eats it
-scoops up live mouse in one hand-personal insecurities as a controlling aspect
-and eats it-consuming aspects
Summary-Projecting insecurities which are consuming your personality

The man looks at me and smiles mysteriously, an animal that only looks like a man
-man looks at me and smiles mysteriously-inner masculine aspects you are not fully aware of
-an animal that only looks like a man-displaying 'animal' aspects/a man you saw as this type person
Summary-unconscious aspects projected outwardly/displaying characteristics of some other male

He acts like he sees me, but he also seems not to see me
-acts like me sees me-acting out unconscious attitudes
-but he also seems not to see me-unaware of unconscious energies
Summary-acting out learned unconscious attitudes but not aware of them or what they are

He then digs up a coffin with his bare hands like a big dog
-he digs up a coffin-uncovering buried aspects {unconscious}
-with his bare hands-communicating of these aspects outwardly
-like a big dog-controlled by your primitive animal instincts
Summary-Exposing and displaying buried aspects related to learned behavior

He drags a corpse out of the coffin and lines up on the head
-drags a corpse out of coffin-bringing out buried unconscious aspects
-lines up on the head-mental importance in waking life
Summary-buried aspects that are projected outwardly

His mouth grows wide like a python and he swallows the corpse
-mouth grows wide like a python-a need for expression of inner aspects related to experiences where you felt constricted in being your true self
-he swallows the corpse-expression of anger and inner dead energies
Summary-

I am disgusted, shocked and frightened
-I am disgusted-unacknowledged/denied aspects
-shocked-need for an awakening
-frightened-fear of having to confront denied aspects

I wonder what he will do next
-doubting oneself in future actions

The man again seems to see me and not see me
-man again seems to see me/no see me-unconsciously driven by masculine energies

I get a sort of message, maybe telepathically from the strange man, like an insight that the dead man was corrupt in life and his remains had to be eliminated
-I get a sort of message-subconscious energies
-maybe telepathically from strange man-psychological/emotional signals of deviating behavior
-like an insight-ability to reason
-that the dead man was corrupt-actual person/corrupted inner aspects
-in life-in reality
-his remains had to be eliminated-feelings of or a need to put an end to something

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 68 Altoona, Fl

Thank you for your efforts. I don't know what to think of this dream. Seems like the hawk is acting out a message, making it stark and brutal to grab my attention. Maybe the rooster symbolizes false boldness to hide some small nagging fears (the mouse). Victorians were sort of in denial. Is he mirroring me? I don't know what fear I am in denial of. Eating the corpse might mean assimilating a buried memory by digging it up and taking it all in? The hawk is super impressive, not to be crossed. The Victorian figure moved fast and with directness and purpose, like a raptor. He was the raptor in a different outer form. He told me something but he acted it out because he can't use words. He's a bird. Aren't birds messengers in many myths? Makes some sense. I look forward to reading your final thoughts on this.
Ray

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57-M

Ray,
The first paragraph in a dream usually lays out the premise for what the dream is about. Your dream states there are issues related to the masculine aspects of power and empowerment. This likely is demonstrated in your personality. And likely stem from issues/experiences with a male or males in your life. Usually such issues stem from childhood. These are controlling aspects in your psyche and although unconsciously stimulated they are consciously acted out. What you learned as a child are now projected outward in your waking life. What issues in your life are there that would fit with this? I can only provide an outline of the emotional energies {dreams are about emotional energies}. You will have to fill in the rest of it. If I knew about your life I could do that for you but all I know is your age and gender. And instead of putting you on a couch and doing months of therapy this one dream betrays your true feelings {and self}. Understanding these issues can help in correcting the negative aspects of your personality {we all have something in some form}.

Your response provides some insights. You mention false boldness to hide nagging fears. Empowerment issues can present a need for 'false boldness', being something you are not {that is lacking because of childhood issues} to hide your fears. What denials are there in your life? What does Victorian mean to you? What buried memories are there that need digging up? Since these energies are unconscious the experiences that are hidden {and need to be dug up} may be so strong {likely so from what the dream states} they consume your life without your being able to recognize them {also a norm}. The hawk is a part of you. Not to be CROSSED! The victorian aspect {what you see/believe that aspect to be} is like a raptor {an aggressive, consuming aspect}. The raptor is you outer form projecting the unconscious energies. And like a bird it possesses important message from the unconscious {that is the function of dreams-provide these messages}.

From the dream I get an impression you are unaware of the underlying causes but aware of your actions related to the issues I mention. It is an 'important' and active part of your personality. It is also likely a negative aspect more than positive. As long as it is not acknowledged it will continue be a negative aspect and not productive to a happy and balanced life. If you wish to explore what these issues are more info about yourself and your life {childhood especially} will help understand the possibilities {providing info you feel comfortable in giving}.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 68 Altoona, Fl

stats from 7-14-10 to the present