Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Literally Going Through Other People

This dream was so vivid I can't get it out of my memory: I was walking hand in hand with my pre-teenage daughter (in reality I was childless at the time of the dream, now I have a son). From time to time, we both went through the bodies of the various strangers crossing our path in the street, as if we were both immaterial. It felt like something we usually did when we were in a hurry, but this time we weren't actually late for anything, so I asked my daughter to stop doing it, because the hair of those strangers kept getting stuck between my teeth.
She frowned, but then shrugged and said OK. So we started jumping over the people that appeared before us, and I felt much better that way.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Female Bucharest

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} No

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Quora

Re: Literally Going Through Other People

Rheia,
My sense of your dream relates to emotional issues/patterns as a pre-teen that continue its hold on you into adult life {what is learned in early life, your foundations, is who you basically become in later life}. You are likely having experiences in the present time that go back to those pre-teen years and because you are 'programmed' to act/react according to the emotional energies from those experiences you continue to act/react to those norms.

How dreams function. The pre-teen daughter in your dream and its application. Since you do not have a pre-teen daughter then the image would be strictly metaphorical. She is you. If you actually had a pre-teen daughter then there would be literal applications as well {along with the metaphorical references}. Dreams reflect emotional energies and patterns. The emotional energies from those pre-teen years are emotional patterns you unconsciously adhere to as an adult. When you are in a position or have an experience that relates to the pre-teen experiences/emotions you unconsciously follow the patterns you learned during those early years. Look at your feelings/emotions when you were a adolescent and determine what caused those emotions and what are the effects from them. Low esteem, issues of self worth are general emotional energies I sense in the dream.

Below is my analysis of the images and actions from your dream. I generally provide these to help the dreamer understand the dream and how I come to my conclusions. A response to my analysis and additional personal info {you feel comfortable sharing} may help in determine what energies are in play in your life.

Literally Going Through Other People
-examining unconscious emotional aspects of self

I was walking hand in hand with my pre-teenage daughter (in reality I was childless at the time of the dream, now I have a son). From time
to time, we both went through the bodies of the various strangers crossing our path in the street, as if we were both immaterial. It felt
like something we usually did when we were in a hurry, but this time we weren't actually late for anything, so I asked my daughter
to stop doing it, because the hair of those strangers kept getting stuck between my teeth.
She frowned, but then shrugged and said OK. So we started jumping over the people that appeared before us, and I felt much better that way.

I was walking hand in hand with my pre-teenage daughter
-examining an experience{s} and emotions as a pre-teen {you are the pre-teen daughter}

From time to time, we both went through the bodies of the various strangers crossing our path in the street, as if we were both immaterial
-From time to time-experiences in your past and current time
-we both went through the bodies of the various strangers crossing our path in the street-unconsciously examining issues related to self worth/self esteem bridging with current conscious life
-as if we were both immaterial-feelings of irrelevant in your past and in presence

It felt like something we usually did when we were in a hurry, but this time we weren't actually late for anything, so I asked my daughter
to stop doing it, because the hair of those strangers kept getting stuck between my teeth
-It felt like something we usually did when we were in a hurry-actions when pressured
-but this time we weren't actually late for anything-coping with current emotional energies
-so I asked my daughter to stop doing it-seeking to end to past emotional energies
-because the hair of those strangers kept getting stuck between my teeth-unconscious {hidden} energies related to issues of self worth/self esteem becoming aggressive

She frowned, but then shrugged and said OK
-she frowned-seized by negative emotions/energies and acceptance of them {living and abiding with controlling emotional energies}

So we started jumping over the people that appeared before us, and I felt much better that way
-So we started jumping over the people that appeared before us-compelling emotional energies coming out to consciousness
-and I felt much better that way-restoration of emotional energies and continuing to follow emotional patterns

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 68 Altoona, Fl

Hi Jerry! Thank you for the reply. I donțt really know how to comment on it. I'm a pretty self-assured kind of person, and I don't think I ever had low self-esteem issues, but maybe it's just the way I consciously see myself.
I don't remember when exactly I had this particular dream, it's quite possible I had it when I was feeling emotionally challenged. For whatever reason. And since I can't remember what it was, it couldn't have been that important, anyway.
However, the dream remained in my memory. Actually, I believe that's what really puzzles me. Why this particular dream? (I dream a lot, and I feel good about it, because I never have nightmares, just the odd worrying situation once in a while.)
OK, let me tell you another dream that really confused me when I had it, and it still does.
Before I describe it, let me tell you I'm an atheist and I've lived all my life among Christians without having to hide my lack of religion.
The dream goes like this: I see God in front of me, He's an old man with lots of grey hair and a grey bushy beard covering the upper part of his robes. I'm very curious about Him, because I'm an atheist and I know He knows it, and He doesn't seem to be bothered by that. I respectfully ask Him if I can play with His beard. There are many women around, they're some sort of a chorus or something, and they frown and scowl at me, and chastize me for my frivolous request. God says OK, come and play with my beard, and I go to His feet and start braiding His beard.
Then I hear a commotion behind me, and there's a man in the street convulsed with small lightnings coming from the ground, and the women start screaming that it's the end of the world.
I turn back to God, but now He's no longer an old man, but a much younger one, quite dark, with fiery black eyes, and a wry smile on his handsome face. He has a pointed beard, very coquettish, he looks more like an Al Pacino type. I tell him, again respectfully, that's so bad he decided to finish the world right now, as I didn't have time to have my lunch. He stares at me, becomes serious, and then says OK, go grab a sandwich, I'll postpone it for you. But don't be very long, tomorrow's definitely the final day. So I went to a small shop, got a sandwich and started eating it, and then woke up.

This is the only dream I ever had with God.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} No

Rheia,
All dreams are important, especially those you can't forget or continue to remember for a long period of time. Dreams are nature's tool to help stimulate the dreamer to realize emotional experiences that need attention and resolution. Just as nature provided the body with an immune system to help protect and heal, so to nature gave us the dream to perform the same function for the psyche{ology}. Except the dream has its own language of symbol/metaphor mixed with literal applications. Absent detailed personal information about the dreamer an experienced dream analyst can provide an outline of the emotional energies {using Jungian theories}. When provided with the personal info there can be a direct interpretation of the dreamer's life and the emotional experiences that most affect the dreamer's life. Most dreams are negative since the function of dreams is to help resolve the negative emotional energies {from past experiences}. But some dreams will display positive language if the dreamer's life {especially early life} had strong positive experiences. Dreams are reflective of the true condition of the dreamer's life and not what the ego wishes or thinks it to be.

To your statement about self esteem issues and the way you see yourself consciously. If you are a self assured person and absent of any self esteem issues {as you stated, that is the way you see yourself} then look back at your preteen years and see what fits with your psychology then and now. Whatever your psychology then is again demonstrated in the dream as an adult. You are the preteen daughter in some aspect and since you do not have a daughter then there would not be a literal application and would be purely metaphorical of your psyche energies. The important thing to look at the perteen imagery and see what fits during those years with how you act/react/feel as an adult. What was learned as a child and young person {even as an infant} remains the foundation of who you are today. This dream is focused on getting your daughter {you} to stop doing it. That could be a reference you as a preteen daughter and an actual experience involving your mother, she wanting you to stop doing what you were doing. The same thing you were doing {and needed to stop doing} is what you are still doing as an adult {and need to stop}. This would demonstrate what was learned and acted out in early life continues to be what you do as an adult, your foundations being what stimulate your actions as an adult.

Another aspect of the dream that strikes me is as a preteen daughter the actions were done because you were in a hurry. But the actions in this dream is you are no longer in a hurry which suggest to me as an adult you are in a different position in life, there is no longer a need to hurry. These are clues to the dream as well as your psychological self.

I'll analyze God dream and see what it has to say. Each dream provided insights to your psychology and with every dream comes new clues to what emotional energies need your attention.

Jerry

Hello Jerry! Now I understand. It's very logical, as a matter of fact. And it actually fits with my engineering training. If you leave water in the ground when doing the foundation, it'll seep through and up into the walls. Sooner or later. Yes, I see what you mean. Thank you very much!

Hi again! You did jog my memory! Now I remember: at the time of the dream I was sharing a flat with a good friend of mine, and she had no income (it's complicated, the way she got herself into that, I'm not going into it now) so I paid for everything. I didn't mind, I saw it as a convenient tradeoff, because the flat was hers, and she needed help and I cared for her. But at times she got insufferably needy, and jealous of my other friends.
At the time of the dream I had sort of inherited a cat from another good friend of mine who had been forced to flee the country (I'm not going into that situation either). My flatmate said she wouldn't accept `the bloody animal', I said I would move out, we had a few stupid arguments over that, and in the end she pouted and moped for a few weeks, then got used to my new pet. She even grew attached to it, but that came much later.
So, I think the daughter in the dream signifies my flatmate and her childish (in my view, anyway) behaviour.
Thank you again!

Rheia,
The first dream may have something to do with the experience with your flatmate but I would need more info to make connections to the images in the dream and the actual experience to fit. The preteen daughter would need to have associations to the experience since it is the primary image. Because you do not have a preteen daughter I see the image as a symbol as a reference to you as a preteen {common in dreams, referencing experiences earlier in life}. The second dream seems to be focused on your pagan beliefs {I am considered by many to be a 'pagan' since I see all things in life connected to nature and no longer believe in a personal god}. When did you first begin to question your spirituality? The first dream may be associated to your spiritual beliefs with the preteen daughter a metaphor for experiences as a preteen and the 'immaterial' belief system most pagans hold {most religions the preach the evils of materialism but don't' follow the disciplines required}. Being late could symbolize an ambivalence about religion and/or feeling unsupported in your belief system. Being a short dream {at least what you provided} it is hard to connect the dots.

Below is my analysis of the God dream. See if you can recognize things that fit.

I see God in front of me, He's an old man with lots of grey hair and a grey bushy beard covering the upper part of his robes
-The highest aspect within yourself {God} that you are wishing to obtain {in front}
Also consider 'God' as the father/your father and conflicting feelings toward him {Attitude about God and possible literal feelings toward your real father}
-He's an old man-deeper animus aspects you need/wish to incorporate
-with lots of grey hair and a grey bushy beard-a blurred attitude of wisdom {within yourself}
-covering the upper part of his robes-hidden aspects consciously displayed in your ego life
{robes are 'outer' garments to cover up what's beneath}

I'm very curious about Him, because I'm an atheist and I know He knows it, and He doesn't seem to be bothered by that
-I'm very curious about Him-strong inner animus energies
-He doesn't seem to be bothered by-your true assured self

I respectfully ask Him if I can play with His beard
-obedient to an attitude of going against the norm

There are many women around, they're some sort of a chorus or something, and they frown and scowl at me, and chastise me for my frivolous request
-There are women around-the circumference of who you are but within an emotional environment
-they're some sort of a chorus or something-sum total of your surroundings {emotional and literal}
-and they frown and scowl at me-disapproval of some aspect of self/who you are
-and chastise me for my frivolous request-actions directed toward you/yourself

God says OK, come and play with my beard, and I go to His feet and start braiding His beard
-God says OK-self approval of higher animus aspects
-come and play with my beard-having an unrestrictive attitude
-and I go to His feet and start braiding His beard-foundations for your strong mindset

Then I hear a commotion behind me, and there's a man in the street convulsed with small lightnings coming from the ground, and the women start screaming that it's the end of the world
-Then I hear a commotion behind me-unconscious conflict
-and there's a man in the street convulsed-disturbance in animus path
-with small lightnings coming from the ground-governing forces from early life
-and the women start screaming that it's the end of the world-powerful emotional energies that needs to end

I turn back to God, but now He's no longer an old man, but a much younger one, quite dark, with fiery black eyes, and a wry smile on his handsome face
-acknowledge/defend your true self, seeing yourself with new positive attitudes

He has a pointed beard, very coquettish, he looks more like an Al Pacino type
-committed attitude of being devil's advocate

I tell him, again respectfully, that's so bad he decided to finish the world right now, as I didn't have time to have my lunch
-I tell him, respectfully-being considerate of inner self
-that's so bad he decided to finish the world right now-unresolved negative feelings
-I didn't have time to have my lunch-not receiving spiritual nourishment

He stares at me, becomes serious, and then says OK, go grab a sandwich, I'll postpone it for you
-He stares at me, becomes serious-scrutinizing your position and overcoming barriers
-and then says OK, go grab a sandwich-approval of self attitudes overcoming pressures

Sandwich-pressures/stress {sandwiched between opposite forces}
Eating sandwich-consuming/compelling pressures in your life

Jerry

Interesting, getting their hair stuck in your teeth reminded me of the phrase "get in someone's hair, Slang. to annoy or bother someone."

You seem to find it a bother (and perhaps unnecessary) to have to go "through" all those people. Oh - and, "go through" "2. To be initially screened or handled by another person." Perhaps you felt quite "motherly" at the time of the dream despite not having a child at the time? You were annoyed that you had to handle so many "strangers," to perhaps "check them" first before your daughter went through them, you were trying to protect your daughter. But you were getting annoyed because you felt like you were annoying people in the process. Your daughter does not seem to realize how you are feeling about this until you tell her, and then she agrees to make it a little less unpleasant for you.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 24 F TX

stats from 7-14-10 to the present