Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Odd Chemistry, pointless dream?

My Dream :
My childhood best friend calls, a family member has died and an unknown brother is requesting she come and help go through property. She asks me to go with her. My husband, son and daughter all go with her to an abandoned theme park somewhere in Florida. An extemely attractive man greets us and introduced himself as my friends brother. When he shakes my hand i get a jolt of "rightness" and he seems to have felt it too. He explains that this property was a posession of my friends great grandfather and he brings us inside to an office room where we proceed to look through old documents for anything that looks legal.
For some reason I get up and leave the office. I encounter a woman walking around and instantly try to get rid of her. I dont want her to see my friends brother. I feel jealous and possesive of him. I turn and walk away but when i return to the office i see the woman there seated at a table talking to everyone. They introduce her and saybshe was found wandering around the park. I notice at this time how great the brother is with my children. I make a meal for wveryone and qe chat while reviewing documents. I fewl uncomfortable with this woman and try to keep her away from my friends brother. After a while we find qhat we were looking for and I just leave a note with my xontact information and leave with my husband and kids and get back to my daily life.

This drwam is odd to me because its not like anything happened. I didnt have a fling, i didnt leave my husband. We just took care of business and went home. Very transactional.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 33 F USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} No

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Google

Re: Odd Chemistry, pointless dream?

Anonymous 3-24-2019,
I'll examine your dream later this morning. A quick look at the title and looking at the possibilities of its meaning {titles usually provide clues to the dream message} here is something to offer.

Odd Chemistry, pointless dream?
-Old chemistry-
---old-something from your past, a past experience{s}
---chemistry-manipulation

-pointless dream?
---pointless-unresolved issues
---dream?-unconscious contents

Summary
There are unresolved emotional issues that have either {or both} manipulated your personality/psyche or an experience where you were manipulated that has left resolved emotions

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 69 Altoona, Fl

Re: Odd Chemistry, pointless dream?

I've analyzed the first paragraph from your dream {breaking down and interpreting the images and actions} which I have provided below. But first a quick lesson in dreams to give insights to how I analyze dreams {using Jungian psyche}.

Dreams have a primary language of symbol and metaphor with the images and actions representing aspects and emotional experiences from your life {experiences that possess strong emotional energies}. But there are literal aspects to dreams also where experiences in life point to both symbolic applications as well as actual life experiences. Example: A burning house would symbolically represent some part of you that is 'on fire', emotionally. But there is also a possibility there was an actual experience related to a house that burnt {although the burning part could be symbolic}. The house is you, the metaphor, and the burning could point to 'intense' emotional energies. The burning could represent anger. Emotional energies that stem from experiences that still anger you. The literal application could point to 'a house' where you had an experience that causes anger in you. The early life/past experiences that possess strong emotional energies are still within your unconscious and need to be resolved. Such experiences, especially in early/earliest life, often have control of actions in later life and can form or/and alter personality {usually negatively}. Because they are controlling in a negative way there needs to be a resolution to the underlying issues so to restore balance and harmony in life. This is a primary function of dreams. Attempting to inform the dreamer of unresolved emotional energies/issues so the dreamer can recognize them and make corrections where needed.

Note: Unknown males and some qualities/aspects of known males would usually be a symbolic representation of your masculine aspects, what Jung called the animus qualities.

Having provided the above I sense there is a strong possibility your dream is addressing an actual experience in early life/childhood involving an actual male. This experience{s} were so strong that may have affected relationships with men as an adult. The dream would/could be addressing both the literal experiences as well as the effect they had on you {during the formative years strong emotional experiences become foundations for later life attitudes and personality}. I get the sense there may have been such experiences in your life.

Look at what I have provided as well as my above statement about sensing actual experiences and let me know if they strike a cord. After you have responded I will provide an analysis of the last part of the dream. A quick read of the last paragraph suggests a possible repression of these experiences or/and a rejection of anyone trying to separate you from this male person {having repressed the negative aspects in the relationship with a male you continue see this male as someone you trust despite the 'wrong' he did to you}. The woman you are trying to avoid in the dream {second paragraph} is that part of you that has been repressed {and could represent a real woman as well in relationships to anyone trying to separate you from this male}. The last part of the dream looks to be dealing with reconciling these inner emotional issues. But there is a reluctance {possible repression} to confront the issues either because they are painful to think about or/and the 'misplaced' trust you have in this male is stronger than the inner emotions. The negative aspects can be destructive if not 'righted'.

As for the title. It could very easily fit with what I have provided. You may have been 'manipulated' in early life/childhood and those negative experiences would have 'manipulated' your psyche/attitudes/personality. The negative energies may not be conscious but unconsciously they remain until they are resolved.

Analysis of Dream Images/Actions in First Paragraph

My childhood best friend calls, a family member has died and an unknown brother is requesting she come and help go through property
-My childhood best friend calls-positive childhood aspects needing your attention
-a family member has died-part of you that has changed/ended
-and an unknown brother-repressed animus/masculine aspects. may denote actual close male relationship
-is requesting she come and help go through property-seeking foundational life experiences that make up your psyche/self

She asks me to go with her
-she is you. integrating aspects that will benefit your adult life

My husband, son and daughter all go with her to an abandoned theme park somewhere in Florida
-My husband, son and daughter-your whole self
-all go with her to an abandoned theme park-carrying with you the beneficial, positive, fun aspects in life
-in Florida-personal associations. positive aspects to be enjoyed

An extremely attractive man greets us and introduced himself as my friends brother
-An extremely attractive man greets us-appealing masculine aspects {and possible past experience with this type male}
-introduced himself as my friends brother-integrating rejected masculine aspects connected/related to who you are as an adult

I feel jealous and possessive of him
-vulnerabilities that have taken possession of your psyche

When he shakes my hand i get a jolt of "rightness" and he seems to have felt it too
-acknowledging disturbing relationships that will restore confidence in masculine relationships
-and he felt it too-positive masculine emotions. confronting an actual male person

He explains that this property was a possession of my friends great grandfather and he brings us inside to an office room where we proceed to look through old documents for anything that looks legal
-He explains that this property was a possession of my friends great grandfather-strong masculine emotional energies from your foundations {early life experiences/influences}
-he brings us inside to an office room-an masculine aspect that dominates you
-we proceed to look through old documents-looking within yourself for important information
-for anything that looks legal-aspects that are authorized {possibly related to 'unauthorized' experiences}

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 69 Altoona, Fl

stats from 7-14-10 to the present