Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My POI

I had a dream about a woman (POI) that I actually like... I was trying to find her. I sense she was around so I asked many different people (females) as to where she was... with all this searching (didnt take that long). I was in a building and inside different rooms people where having sex. I finally found her (outside leaving for the night) and when I saw her she got attacked in a way. It was weird it was almost like she got hurt but there were these (men) in masks ( I saw masks that looked white but it wasnt scary at all) trying to stop me from getting to her but I fought them and won.

Eventually, I saw her and she was being carried on a stretcher to me. She looked fine and breathing. I went up to her and she kissed me.

I've had many other dreams about this person as I tend to dream daily.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 25, Female, United States

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} No

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Researched

Re: My POI

Anonymous,

I assume POI means person of interest. The title from a dream often provides clues to what the dream is trying to communicate. And because your dreams are about you the POI you note {in one aspect} is you. As is the woman you like but in the dream and you are trying to find. But because all dream images have at least two meanings/applications the woman may be another woman you like but are trying to 'find', someone very close to you. Let's examine the dream and see what the images and actions have to offer. Something to remember is dreams use a language of symbol and metaphor but also with literal references to actual people, experiences and events

Dream
First Sentence
I had a dream about a woman (POI) that I actually like... I was trying to find her
Analysis
1. The person is symbolic, of you. We all are looking for that positive person we like within and we wish to be. And as with every soul finding that person is difficult because of negative emotional experiences from life. Dreams are about emotional energies and the primary function of dreams is to provide to the dreamer what is in the way of that positive self.
2. The woman could also be literal. Because dreams do have at least two meanings/applications there is the possibility the woman may also be a female you are wishing to find, someone who was not there when you needed her or was there in the past {providing needed assistance, or love and nourishment} but is not longer in your life. This would fit with the positive person you wish to find within yourself because that person {you} affected your life in a positive way.

Both applications could fit. The first is almost certain. The second a good possibility.

Second Sentence
I sense she was around so I asked many different people (females) as to where she was... with all this searching (didn't take that long).
Analysis
Sensing is an inner quality {as in intuitive sensing} and anything pointing inward would be a psychological reference to the inner you. The different people would be different aspects of who you are. The positive self but also those aspects with negative emotional energies {from negative life experiences}. A female is symbolic of love, nurturing, caring. We all require these things to be whole. Few of us receive as much as we need and are constantly looking, albeit unconsciously, for more. If we can't find it from the people who should provide it {parents} then we substitute what is lacking with other things. Bad relationships, over indulgence in food or alcohol, sex and so many other things that temporarily make us feel good.

Searching represents something that is missing or needed in your life. The dream statement that it didn't take that long would be a reference to finding that person, of things, you wish to find is already available, within yourself. There are nuances in dreams that are fixed and knowing what they are will help understand the metaphorical representations of the images and actions.

The dream uses females. Words make a difference {in waking life as well as within dreams}. One would be your own inner qualities. The dream could very well be addressing your inner self as well as a literal woman.

Literally, a search that didn't take that long could mean that person/woman you are looking for is not far away from you. Or very close to you. Mothers are a prime candidate.

Third Sentence
I was in a building and inside different rooms people where having sex.
Analysis
Buildings are symbolic of the body, the dreamer. To be within a building {dreams mean what they say} would be within yourself. Inside you are the different aspects of personality, experiences, traits, etc. These are the rooms within the building, within you {houses are also a common symbol for the self}.

People having sex. This is where I ty to be careful because although most of the time sex is a symbolic reference to something other than actual sex. It could be a straightforward reference {Freud surmised everything had to do with sex...he was wrong}. And of course could be both. Sex as a symbolic reference could represent an integration of contrasting aspects within yourself. If there is a lack of what is necessary for a balanced and happy life then having sex would pointo this need of what is missing. The dream sentence points to something within {building}. One of the rooms could have to do with a need to integrate what is missing. Sex is love {or in perfect circumstances should be}.

Literally the dream could be pointing to an 'inner' emotional energy where actual sex was involved. The dream states people were having sex in different rooms. People are more than one person, literally. Metaphorically it would represent the various aspects within you. Could point to a need to integrate many missing aspects. If literal then there would be actual experiences where people were having sex. The rest of the dream should clarify if a literal interpretation is needed.

Fourth Sentence
I finally found her (outside leaving for the night) and when I saw her she got attacked in a way.
Analysis
Finding her outside is often a projection of missing inner qualities/aspects. What is lacking inside is projected in various ways in your waking life {sex, over eating, alcohol, drugs, etc}. Night is a common symbol for the unconscious. What is lacking is stored within the unconscious ready to be made known to consciousness via the dream.
Consciously, when you see what is projected in your personality you know something is not right, this is not the real you. This is often accompanied by feelings of guilt, worthlessness or even anger. You may be projected anger at yourself {for the unknown reasons that are missing in life} to other people. 'In a way' suggests to some extent but not wholly, or literally. Were ther experiences where you were literally attacked? My sense it is metaphorical.

Literally finding an actual person outside leaving for the night could point to someone who is now 'outside' your life {missing from your life} and who left {night representing when you last saw them}. The attack would be an emotional response to the actual experience.

Fifth Sentence
It was weird it was almost like she got hurt but there were these (men) in masks ( I saw masks that looked white but it wasn't scary at all) trying to stop me from getting to her but I fought them and won.

Analysis
This is where experience in working with dreams is vital. And where symbolic and metaphorical references should be examined far more so than literal applications. Nuances in dreams can go from a completely symbolic referencing to a literal experience and vice versa. Unless there was an experience with real men in masks {unlikely} then there most likely a symbolic application to most or all of the images/actions. Then there is the dream statement which says 'almost like she got hurt'. Almost is essentially, essentially in an emotional way. It wasn't a physical pain but instead an emotional pain. 'But' for the men in masks she would experience this emotional pain. The men is masks, symbolically, would point to masculine qualities within you {see anima/animus}. Masks cover up what is underneath, within. They also cover the face which represents your personality and not the real you {emotionally, it is covered up}.

The white masks may point to something perhaps to do with innocence. Something that is covered up due to an experience{s}. All dreams are addressing emotional energies related to foundations {this is my hypothesis}, childhood foundations. Years of innocence where things that are experienced are not scary when they are presented by people you trust {as with a priest or parents}. Unconsciously such experiences are hidden or repressed and getting to those experiences {trying to stop me from getting to her}. Trying to access what is unconsciously painful. You fight off memories of such experiences because they are painful {hiding them from conscious thought or repressing the experiences completely}. You have won in that endeavor.

Any literal applications would pointo actual experiences as explained in the dream {seldom happens}. If it happened and you repressed it then there should be an awakening to the repressed experiences.

Second Paragraph
Eventually, I saw her and she was being carried on a stretcher to me. She looked fine and breathing. I went up to her and she kissed me.

Analysis
Jung hypothesized dreams are structured {see The Structure of Dreams} where the end of a dream creates a solution or result. Seeing her {yourself} being carried on a stretcher and being presented to you would represent unconscious awareness {a stretcher is a carrying bed and beds are where you sleep and dream/unconscious}. Consciously, because you have hidden these emotions everything looks fine and you get your energy {breathe} from not having to confront the emotions. This is your solution to the emotional energies involved, you hid them away so not to have to endure the pain that goes with the experiences.

I went up to her and she kissed me. This an acceptance of how you are handling the emotional issues {hiding them from conscious thought}. A kiss is symbolic of the neglected aspects. What are those neglected aspects? Go back to the beginning of the dream where the dream provides details {in primarily symbolic language} to what the emotional energies are {again see dream structure}. What are the negative emotional experiences in your early life involving feminine qualities {love, acceptance, nurturing, etc} and possibly females {mother or some other female}? Something is missing from this equation. You may have integrated these characteristics into your personality {a common projection of the missing inner qualities onto the conscious life}. Because you do have these type dreams on a regular basis it suggests it is a part of who you are and needs your attention and resolution. Something is not quite right inside and that affects your outer self. You are carrying these issues within you, unconsciously, and you handle them by hiding them from conscious thought.

Summary
What is missing in your life? Emotionally. Look to relationships with your mother or some other very close female{s}, especially in early life {where your psyche and personality have their foundations}. The experiences have affected your inner self, the dream is clear on that. Provide a response with any personal info you feel comfortable and perhaps we can discover more about these females.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 69 Altoona, Fl

Thank you for responding....

Unfortunately, my mother passed away years ago. I don't really have to many female figures in my life. I can say I am dealing with a lot emotionally. As I've mentioned I dream a lot (daily) about many things. POI is person of interest.... I'm currently working on myself daily.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 25, F, USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} YES - 03.25.2019

Anonymous,
As for the analysis. You are trying to find yourself, your true self. As you state in your response you are working on yourself. As for a literal application of an actual person. That could be your mother, the missing person in your life you are trying to find. Were the two of you close?

Jerry

Yes, she comes into my dreams alot.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 25, F, USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} YES - 03.25.2019

Anonymous,
Dreams focus on those emotional issues that possess strong energies. From a single dream an experienced dream analyst {Jungian} is able to sense the emotional energies through the images and actions, and the interactions of one to another. Along with an ability to understand, and being able to interpret the basic patterns, the analyst can provide a narrative of what the energies are and what the dream is about. Only thing is dreams have a language of symbol and metaphor. As well as literal applications. It is difficult if not often possible to give an exact interpretation of the personal issues since every life is different. The basic patterns provide a general outline are but the personal experiences can be known only by the dreamer. That is unless and until the analyst has enough knowledge of the dreamer's personal life. Having that the analyst can fit/match the dream with the precise interpretation of the personal emotional issues. Once that is know the dreamer can/should work on the issues to bring about a resolution.

A good chance the dream is addressing the relationship with your mother. The inner work you are undertaking comes through in the dream. That is a primary force in your life, a very strong emotional attachment {very positive}. The literal application involving your mother may be another issue.

Examine the relationship with your mother and determine what are the underlying reasons for the issues you are having fro confront in your present life. Your are working with your inner self {self psychology}. Once you begin a conscious search of the unconscious self the mind opens up to things previously not understood and/or forgotten. Repressed memories can come through as well. Resolving the emotional issues frees the mind and the psyche {your total being} to see the true self and life, and find strength in finding resolution since the energies no longer have control or influence. They have come out from the dark where you could see what they were, and into the light where you can see them and no longer fear them. It is a natural, a tool of nature, a process few people understand or undertake.

Just as nature provides the body with an immune system to heal and protect
So too nature gives us the dream for the psych{ology}

Note: The basic patterns in dreams are the same basic patterns we see in mythology and the myths provide insights to the dream message. Star Wars is a perfect example of the son looking for his father {LUke Skywalker and Darth Vader}, a common motif many boys/men experience in life {my hand is up}. Cinderella is a folk tale embodying a myth-element of unjust oppression and triumphant reward. Thousands of variants are known throughout the world. The title character is a young woman living in unfortunate circumstances, that are suddenly changed to remarkable fortune.

“Dream is the personalized myth, myth the depersonalized dream; both myth and dream are symbolic in the same general way of the dynamic of the psyche. But in the dream the forms are quirked by the peculiar troubles of the dreamer, whereas in myth the problems and solutions sown are directly valid for all mankind”....Joseph Campbell

Jerry

Anonymous,
Dreams focus on those emotional issues that possess strong energies. From a single dream an experienced dream analyst {Jungian} is able to sense the emotional energies through the images and actions, and the interactions of one to another. Along with an ability to understand, and being able to interpret the basic patterns, the analyst can provide a narrative of what the energies are and what the dream is about. Only thing is dreams have a language of symbol and metaphor. As well as literal applications. It is difficult if not often possible to give an exact interpretation of the personal issues since every life is different. The basic patterns provide a general outline are but the personal experiences can be known only by the dreamer. That is unless and until the analyst has enough knowledge of the dreamer's personal life. Having that the analyst can fit/match the dream with the precise interpretation of the personal emotional issues. Once that is know the dreamer can/should work on the issues to bring about a resolution.

A good chance the dream is addressing the relationship with your mother. The inner work you are undertaking comes through in the dream. That is a primary force in your life, a very strong emotional attachment {very positive}. The literal application involving your mother may be another issue.

Examine the relationship with your mother and determine what are the underlying reasons for the issues you are having fro confront in your present life. Your are working with your inner self {self psychology}. Once you begin a conscious search of the unconscious self the mind opens up to things previously not understood and/or forgotten. Repressed memories can come through as well. Resolving the emotional issues frees the mind and the psyche {your total being} to see the true self and life, and find strength in finding resolution since the energies no longer have control or influence. They have come out from the dark where you could see what they were, and into the light where you can see them and no longer fear them. It is a natural, a tool of nature, a process few people understand or undertake.

Note: The basic patterns in dreams are the same basic patterns we see in mythology and the myths provide insights to the dream message. Star Wars is a perfect example of the son looking for his father {LUke Skywalker and Darth Vader}, a common motif many boys/men experience in life {my hand is up}. Cinderella is a folk tale embodying a myth-element of unjust oppression and triumphant reward. Thousands of variants are known throughout the world. The title character is a young woman living in unfortunate circumstances, that are suddenly changed to remarkable fortune.

“Dream is the personalized myth, myth the depersonalized dream; both myth and dream are symbolic in the same general way of the dynamic of the psyche. But in the dream the forms are quirked by the peculiar troubles of the dreamer, whereas in myth the problems and solutions sown are directly valid for all mankind”....Joseph Campbell

Jerry

Anonymous,

Jerry

Anonymous,

Jerry

stats from 7-14-10 to the present