Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dream interpretation

Sorry for the long post.. it’s more like a story than a dream! But it felt so realistic that I had to post and ask if anyone can interpret its meaning please?

I dreamt that myself and a group of people went on holiday last minute (group was family & their friends). In real life, I have relationship strains with family.

My cousin (who irl I no longer talk to) was there and got into a fight. It was a nasty attack and acid was thrown over him. We hadn’t even checked in properly.

Just as we were all speaking with reception and planning on getting him to hospital, 5 guys stormed in looking for him to ‘finish the job’. He was hidden by friends of the family and we were all then taken hostage.

The main hostage taker, the one who ran everything kept questioning me and making a bee line for me. He was super flirty and knew everything - my exes name, where he came from, where he lived etc. It made me unsettled but I went along with the flirting in hopes he’d let everyone go.

A family friend passed a note saying where my cousin was. Now IRL, I do not talk to this cousin due to family issues and him betraying trust etc. But I ripped it up and hid it away.. I didn’t want to give up where he was.

They let us go eventually but this main guy stayed looking for my cousin still but he just wouldn’t leave me alone and somehow I did become attracted to him.

Within a few hours he stayed by my side, constantly trying to impress me or win me over, showed me love I’d never felt before. It felt amazing, but I felt sick at who he was and what he had done/wanted to do to all of us, not just my cousin.

His gang/crew then shortly later saw my cousin outside as we were trying to get him home and as they didn’t manage to get hold of him, vans turned up and kidnapped family. I thought I was going to be next, but a car pulled up next to me rolled down the windows and it was the guy who runs it all and said he didn’t want me hurt. He wanted me with him. I had to get in as there was a huge sense of control from this guy and I felt scared but I liked it.

Then it skipped, he allowed me to go home and get belongings.. I told my mum what happened, linked my phone location with hers and said that she needed to call police but they needed to be discrete. She asked why I wouldn’t stay and speak with them myself, I told her I needed to get all my family back and I’d have a better chance than the police because I was there myself. I knew exactly what went on. And I didn’t care if that meant I could be killed if he found out, I just wanted my family to be ok (yet family relationships are so strained IRL).

Anyway, he found out what I was doing, became angry but let my own family go because he cared and they hadn’t done anything.. it was the friends who knew my cousins location and were hiding it. He then found out this boy he was after was my cousin, he found out I’d sort of played him to keep my family safe but he still didn’t hurt me. Just before I woke up, he told me he loved but he’d take me home as he didn’t want to hurt me. I stayed, I told him I loved him too and I didn’t want to go home, I just wanted them safe. Then I woke up.

This dream literally felt SO SO real to the point I woke up confused as to where I was, why he wasn’t there and I can remember every detail and words/thoughts/feelings that it just felt completely real.

I heard when this happens, there’s usually a meaning behind it.. anyone know what the meanings could be from this?!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 23 female london

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} No

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Google

Re: Dream interpretation

anon 3-01-1996,
I'll look at your dream tomorrow. Long dreams require time to dissect {see short dream lions and ducks I analyzed today} and it is late in the day here in Florida and I have 16 dependent cats i need to feed {I have rescued cats}.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 70 Altoona, Fl

Re: Dream interpretation

anon,
I am going to analyze this dream in two parts since in your post there is a 'skip' which I see the latter part of the dream having more literal applications {my analysis of this first part is an outline of the emotional energies and not any literal applications}. The first part seems to be focused on repressed experiences that play into your current life. Experiences from your past that created and left strong emotional energies that now influence if not control your actions. I am posting my interpretation {below} of the images and actions for you to read and contemplate to help you uncover what has been repressed.

That being said, the second part after the skip seems to be addressing possible literal experiences involving your mother when you were younger. There are applications related to metaphorical references to inner aspects but the 'telling your mother' may be a literal act from your past. Look back and determine, if true, what those experiences might be. After I receive response to that and my interpretation of the images/actions from the first part I'll provide a final analysis.

Dream and Interpretation of Images/Actions

I dreamt that myself and a group of people went on holiday last minute (group was family & their friends). In real life, I have relationship strains with family.
-emotional energies related to approaching deadline for a project or a decision/need to escape from some aspect in life/family

My cousin (who irl I no longer talk to) was there and got into a fight. We hadn’t even checked in properly.
-conflict with an aspect of your character that is somewhat similar to your cousin. A need to connect with that aspect

It was a nasty attack and acid was thrown over him.
-feeling overly stressed, vulnerable and helpless/negative emotional energies that influence your life

We hadn’t even checked in properly.
-unconscious emotional aspects/energies that have yet to be made conscious

Just as we were all speaking with reception and planning on getting him to hospital, 5 guys stormed in looking for him to ‘finish the job’.
-changes occurring in your life that will help discover/understand the unconscious emotional energies

He was hidden by friends of the family and we were all then taken hostage.
-repressed unconscious energies {related to family as well as your whole self/personality, personal attitudes}

The main hostage taker, the one who ran everything kept questioning me and making a bee line for me.
-repressed energies related to self doubt/unconscious aspects that need to be made conscious

He was super flirty and knew everything - my exes name, where he came from, where he lived etc.
-issues with intimate aspects from your past/why you have them and where they came from

It made me unsettled but I went along with the flirting in hopes he’d let everyone go.
-co-operating with masculine aspects both inner and literal experiences/need to achieve freedom from the emotional energies

A family friend passed a note saying where my cousin was.
-inner aspects relative to unconscious energies/notable or known recent experiences

Now IRL, I do not talk to this cousin due to family issues and him betraying trust etc.
-consciously you are not aware of unconscious energies/literal feelings of betrayal

But I ripped it up and hid it away. I didn’t want to give up where he was.
-repressing negative emotional energies/not happy with current issues related to energies

They let us go eventually but this main guy stayed looking for my cousin still but he just wouldn’t leave me alone and somehow I did become attracted to him.
-expressing unconscious emotional energies /displaying or experiencing tendencies relatedto past experiences

Within a few hours he stayed by my side, constantly trying to impress me or win me over, showed me love I’d never felt before.
-with passage of time the influences from past experiences are governing your need for love and acceptance

It felt amazing, but I felt sick at who he was and what he had done/wanted to do to all of us, not just my cousin.
-your need for love/emotional nourishment punctuated by negative actions on your part in later life/feeling guilt over these actions

His gang/crew then shortly later saw my cousin outside as we were trying to get him home and as they didn’t manage to get hold of him, vans turned up and kidnapped family.
-inability to take control over the formative aspects that have taken control over your actions/trapped by emotional energies that have a hold on you

I thought I was going to be next, but a car pulled up next to me rolled down the windows and it was the guy who runs it all and said he didn’t want me hurt.
-later life experiences influenced by earlier life experiences

He wanted me with him.
-shared experiences related to emotional energies past and present

I had to get in as there was a huge sense of control from this guy and I felt scared but I liked it.
-a need to understand the controlling emotional energies/controlling energies that have influenced your actions in later life

Then it skipped, he allowed me to go home and get belongings.
-current experiences related to controlling emotional energies

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 70 Altoona, Fl

stats from 7-14-10 to the present