Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: What does it mean to dream of being severely punished by your parents?

Anonymous,
The whole part of the being hurt is pointing to mental/psychological hurt and not physical. That is what I was wanting to understand, was there actual physical hurt/harm by someone. As I noted dreams have a language that is primarily symbolic but with some literal depictions. If there was physical harm in your life that would/could be a part of the dream. If not then it would be symbolic of mental pain. The restrictions placed on you by your parents, and primarily your mother, would be the mental pain you suffered in real life. The cell represents restrictions and being on the ledge with your mother the tensions that exist between the two of you. Push you off could represent her actions pushing you to the point of anger. It is symbolic of the relationship and the barriers {wall} the restrictions caused. And it is as much as an unconscious thing which seems to be brought about by your father's instructions {father who was on the ground}. The ground represents your foundation and support system {father primary source}, experiences and influences in very early life that formed your personality and personal attitudes. The dream is about your feelings related to parents and the restrictions placed on you. At age 16 it is understandable emotions for someone that age.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 70 Altoona, Fl

Re: What does it mean to dream of being severely punished by your parents?

Ok, that makes sense, thanks for the reply.

stats from 7-14-10 to the present