Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cave

Hello, I would like to know the meaning of the dream I had last night, I don't remember completely, but I was inside a cave, lost, and running from a tiger, in some way I was trying to touch stones that where at the top, (still inside the cave), so this animal won't reach me, everything was medium brown, it was not completely dark, then I found a couple, they have stopped at one of the entrances of the cave, they have a jeep, and I beg them to pick me up and leave at the entrance of the cave, where I will meet somebody and won't be lost, so I jumped into the jeep, and the road was empty, full of very high dry trees in both sides. Thank you for your answer.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 46

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Florida

Re: Cave

The dream seems to be communicating some type of unconscious conflict {cave} that may be divisive in some way. Running from the tiger may indicate a feminine aspect, perhaps in conflict with the masculine. An empty road may be something in your life is empty. Trees often symbolize personal growth. Trees are also strong and represent stablility. Jeeps are used to go over tough turain.

Are you having a conflict in your personal relationship, ie not in a relationship and wishing you were, or in a relationship which is causing conflict in your life? You are probably suffering mental anguish over this.

Also consider inner conflicts, your normal feminine aspects {patience, giving of oneself, caring, intuitive} vs masculine aspects {aggressiveness, taking command vs being patient, taking instead of caring and giving, thinking instead of intuitiveness}. In today's world of conflict and the pressures of making a living you often have to sacrifice those feminine positions that serve you best for a more aggressive style of personality. It is a man's world.
Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 54

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Murfreesboro, Tn

Re: Re: Cave

Thanks for your answer, reading the news today I found an animal identical the one in my dream, what I thought was a young tiger was really a jaguar, which has a mythological meaning in my ancestor culture in south America, where represents sacred universal energy, divinity, solitarity, religion, magic.
I don't have conflicts in my relations with other persons, but what worried me is my son that I rarely visit us.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Re: Re: Cave

Marie,
So in your dream you are running from a jaguar instead of a tiger. The symbolism you gave for jaguar, scared universal energy, divinity, solidarity, religion, magic. Does any of these fit into the dream? Are you running from any of these possibilities? If in fact your son does not visit you often could match the solidarity {lack of unity}meaning.

My statement in my interpretation:
Are you having a conflict in your personal relationship, ie not in a relationship and wishing you were, or in a relationship which is causing conflict in your life? You are probably suffering mental anguish over this.
Could the conflict be with your son? I don't see the symbolism of the jaguar other than the solidarity {you feel isolated from your son, a lack of solidarity or unity with him.
Gerard

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Re: Re: Re: Cave

Gerard, the jaguar is a soliTary animal, like me in some way. Some two years ago I stopped worried for not having a serious relationship,.....and yes there is a lack of solidarity in him, but not in me, sometimes I keep myself very busy to not think too much about this.
Thank you

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cave

Marie,
Excellent. Your last reply puts some light on the possible meaning of your dream. Caves are often symbolic of unconscious contents, ie, contents within the unconscious mind that are stored away {or repressed} that the conscious mind doesn't want to confront or is unwilling to.

The jaguar is you, a solitary person. You state that a couple of years ago you stopped worrying about having a serious relationship. Consciously this is true but unconsciously there still is that desire. A natural aspect of the human psyche, we require love from the other even when we consciously feel it is not necessary. This could be what you are running from.
We substitute this desire for loving relationships with other things. With you it is staying busy {I can relate to this. I have spent my time being creative and have not been in a serious relationship for over ten years. See my post 'A dream I had last night, by Gerard'}. Other people may substitute a lack of a loving relationship with over eating, drugs, etc.

From Soul Future Dream Dictionary {an MOST excellent dream dictionary}

Stones:

{1}
Stones generally hold healing powers and may thus represent a need to heal
{2} A small fragment of a larger body
{3} Something that has expired or has no sign of life, is stone dead
{4} Blocking, preventing or disallowing something, stonewalling it

Any/all of these could represent the stones in your dream. Top could represent the thinking mind. Medium brown, not completely dark could mean this is on your mind and not completely unconscious {dark}. The couple at the entrance of the cave {again, not completely unconscious} would symbolize unity, as in a relationship. The Jeep {vehicles are most often symbolic of the dreamer}, being an open vehicle may represent openning up to these unconscious feelings. Your desire is not to be lost {without a relationship} and begging the couple {you in unity with someone} to pick you up would represent you want to be 'a couple' with someone. The cave openning is openning up to these unconscious desires. An empty road is an empty life. You want to meet someone and not be lost {and alone}. Trees may symbolize the power of personal growth {as in growing in a relationship}. Just as a tree blossoms in the spring so too should a person in their growth as a person. High trees may represent this is something out of reach.

Of course I am speculating. Is this a possibility, is the fact you are not in a relationship something that comes up from time to time, something that you wish you had in your life. I know this is true for me, at times, even though I have my creativity {Myths-Dreams-Symbols} as a substitute
Gerard

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cave

Gerard, thank you again, Could be that you are projecting I in me?.....,maybe the conflict is between my nature and my “persona”, because I enjoyed being alone sometimes, It is very difficult to converge these two fillings, I perceived society gives a diverse divergent thinking, wrong ideas, sometimes It feels society is going nowhere, we are living every day apart from nature, too much artificiality, men is destroying the earth, there is no voice for woman, but I am not pessimistic, and I dedicated time, and energy in helping people in need and environmental groups, this is another way of feeling love too. I went to bring material help to children in the mountains 3 months ago and in one moment they all together hugged me, that feeling make me feel full of love until these days.....
About your dream I perceive that you are ready now to the next step in your life: find your match.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cave

Marie,
If could very well be a conflict between the two aspects. You know better than anyone. You seem to have given thought to this so I trust your judgement.

I agree with you 100% about society. Josepn Campbell often called social interaction, where we are expected to live by set rules, the social dragon. And of course as heros/heroines we are destined to slay all dragons. I also agree with you about the the destruction of our planet, Mother Earth, by man, particuarly patriarchal man. The feminine is seen as inferior, thus patriarchal man thinks the earth is his to do as he pleases. Global warming may change that and it may well be sooner than later. If we abide by Jung's philosophy, the feminine aspect is superior, not inferior to the masculine. Mother Earth may well prove this if we don't change our ways.

The great thing about children is that their love is unconditional. And when one supplies additional love, nothing is greater to see a child with a loving smile.

My match. Where is she? I think what will happen is that AMOR will not come by looking for it, but will tap me on the shoulder.
Gerard

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cave

It was very interesting reading about Campbell, I think we should not be too pasive in finding love. I read some of your writings....forgive me but I find very difficult to believee that such a spiritual man exists. Women try always to idealize a man. I consider myself spiritual in the way I managed many aspects of my life, but I am conscious that I am not completely spiritual....

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cave

Marie,
If we were to be too spiritual we would have to be either monks or nuns. When I say monks I refer to Buddhist monks. Unfortunately Catholic monks are less spiritual than they should be. The point being you can take it to extremes, or the saying goes, we all fall short. And who is to decide what is spiritual anyways. You know you are a good person, one who tries to do there best. How can I judge that? It is not my place to judge WWJD WWBD

I tell you a little secret. I have a bad habit of cursing bad drivers on the road. I know not to do it but sometimes I need the release. **** SUVs. Americans have become so ego-centered. A few curse words are a part of my volcabulary and I will never apologize for that. I can be say a few curse words and still be spiritual. Can't say the same thing about being religious though. Religion often requires you to bottle things up. And when you explode, ROAD RAGE. I'm never out of control. I use controlled cursing.
Gerard [****]

stats from 7-14-10 to the present