Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
dream

I dreamed I encountered my mother (who is deceased) she was standing beautifully dressed in a black suit with a red blouse. She had a animal like (perhaps black fox) around her neck. I saw her - thats it - nothing else.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 69

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Hallandale Beach, Fla

Re: dream

A dead parent may represent the actual person coming back to visit you {not in a spooky way}. What she has perhaps come back to do is tell you something about yourself. Black is symbolic of the unconscious and red is representative of anger, lust, passion and even a symbol for life itself. Wearing this garment may indicate something about your mother's personality or traits she possessed. Having a black fox or animal may suggest human animal emotions, or animal traits we as humans possess {anger, greed, jealousy, passion, etc.}

Perhaps the dream is trying to tell you that certain traits or habits your mother possessed are now beginning to be a part of your personality. Or, when she was alive, she may have warned you about such traits and now is revisiting you to again warm you. These may be unconsciously motivated {an indication your inherited them, perhaps from your mother}. What, if any, traits that your mother possessed have now become traits you possess? Did she have certain habits that you never liked, yet you are now showing these same habits/traits? Let me know your answer and perhaps we can investigate further.
Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 54

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Murfreesboro, Tn

Re: dream

Since my mother died 10 years ago, I always have dreams with her, at least 3 times a year. The last time I felt like I was touching her, very close, and noticed she was in anguish, it was only seconds, like she was trying to tell me something or wanted me to do something, I woke up in anguish too, and don't know what to do. Told to my sister and one brother, that was one saturday, and in three days my older brother had a terrible accident, my mom adored him, he is fine today. I knew when dreaming with her, is always a premonition.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 46

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Florida

Re: Re: dream

Marie,
The first thing to remember about your dreams is they are about you. They compensate and rarely predict future events {unless you unconsciously know beforehand the future event}. The anguish your mother felt in your dream relates somehow to you. Just as you woke up in anguish, something within the dream applied to your present life. It may have to do with the relationship with your mother, some unresolved issues. People do not appear in our dreams to haunt us, they appear to bring a message about oneself.
Gerard

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Re: Re: dream

Hi Gerard,the dreams with my mother are always short, one time I just saw her choosing a beatifull dress,another time I saw her in a reunion, she was looking for me, another time she told me you should sell (....) to a member of her family, so I don't see much to interpret.....we got closer before she died, we all new she had one year to stay with us, in my waking life I don't have any thing unresolved.
thank you

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Re: Re: Re: dream

Marie,
There is always much to be interpreted from your dreams. Especially if you are at mid-life. But you have to have a genuine interest to really understand their importance. If your life is a balanced, harmoneous life then you don't need dreams. But if there is conflict, and conflict comes up at mid-life, then dreams can be a tool to assist you in finding that balance, and harmony.
Gerard

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: dream

Gerard,
I do feel a balance in my life.... my purpose to find the meaning of my dremas is to know myself more, but also to find some clue when making decisions, that is when I feel a conflict...
thank you

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

stats from 7-14-10 to the present