Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
dream sequences

hi,over the past few days i have recognised three dreams on three seperate days that were related,i looked at them individualy,it wasnt until i looked at all three together that i realised what they were talking about,it was a revelation to me.
the next dream i had,was a reflection of this discovery and some sort of inner approval i think of my findings,
i am in a narrow boat fishing,first cast,i catch a huge fish,the boat wobbles and in i go.
i keep hold of the rod and fish and somehow manage to get to the shore with it.
someone runs for help as it is big,i unwravel three sets of hooks,which are all fixed in line,i call out,its ok ,ive got them out.
i admire the beautiful fish,hold in the water,wash water over its gills and mouth,then with a cheer from the group now gathered on the shore ,i let it go.
this fish was a fighter and i felt love and respect for it.
i know that fishing, can sybolise bringing up contents from the unconscious,
i did struggle a bit with the three dreams and i did disapear into deep thought for a while,
this fishing dream to me ,was an inner reflection/approval, of the previous three dream sequence findings,and i suppose the symbolism of catching a fish and then releasing it ,could be a metaphor for interpretating a dream and then letting it go ,its done its job.regards steve.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 49

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? england

Re: dream sequences

Steve,
Fish are often symbolic of the true self {fish in water, the true self in the depths of the unconscious}. Fish is a symbol of Christ and may therefore represent your true self (spiritual}.
Letting the fish go is giving freedom to the unconscious to let you be that true/spiritual person.
Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 54

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Murfreesboro, Tn

Re: Re: dream sequences

jerry,you have an incredible gift,and understanding of the unconscious,and i realise how little i know ,despite the time i have spent researching myths etc.your input and knowledge are always refreshing and i look forward to the day , i can see the way you do..many thanks steve

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

Re: dream sequences

Steve,
Thank you for the reminder to look for dream sequences. This past week I encountered difficulty interpreting a symbol in a dream. (2TOGO in red letters on a large sign). I thought my interpretation of the dream was on target but without a clear meaning of this single image/symbol I was unsure. I spent much thought on it but kept hitting a wall. It later became crystal clear when I reviewed all the dreams from the week. Found a link with two subsequent dreams to the first one - hence 2TOGO.

Thanks again,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Central OH

Re: Re: dream sequences

hi kathy,glad i was of some use,hope your dream leads you onto greater things,regards steve.

stats from 7-14-10 to the present