Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
dream interpretation

Here is a dream I had a while ago. Unfortunately I didn't write it down, but my memory is decent. I am walking in the mountains and I need shelter. I remember it as being nightfall and the weather was not good. I find a cave and I enter. I am not afraid. I traverse a narrow entre section and arrive in a large lighted cavernous underground room. Sitting and standing about are 3 men. They appear relaxed and friendly. They all have white hair and beards and are all dressed the same. They have red pants with suspenders over long sleeved undershirts. We strike up a converstion. It turns out they are all part-time Santa Claus impersonators getting ready to work the Xmas season in various places. I comment that they don't actually look all that much like classic Santas. One did, but the other two were to thin, not big enough hair and beards, etc. They just didn't have the big, rolypoly, jovial thing going. They explained that that didn't matter all that much, that people still saw them as Santa. This was the message. I felt very comfortable with them and felt they had a good liking for me. Then from the back of this large stone room came a couple of deer and they passed us by. They communicated to us psychically that the underground water supply had dried up and without water they were forced to leave. That is all I can recall. Thankyou. James

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 53

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? kaslo, b.c. Canada

Re: dream interpretation

In your waking life you are walking among the many difficult challenges and obstacles in life seeking shelter from them. Unconsciously you find the inner wisdom of your masculine identity. These qualities offer gifts of knowledge about yourself that will help in your path in life. But these are not the normal waking knowledge that the outer self expects. The ego questions the authencity {as the ego does when confronted with the truth}. But the inner self recognizes them as original. They fit with who you are. But there is a warning within the dream. If you do not apply these strenghts to your everyday life then the communicatiion with the wise self will dry up.
My thoughts are there are qualities about you that you do not utilize to the best of your ability. You expect perhaps your everyday personality to suffice but in actuality you need to need to better utilize these masculines qualities. Perhaps others see you different ly than you really are. This may be because of the lack of use of these masculine strenghts you possess.
What personality type are you? Somewhere in your early life your personality may have been altered so that has caused you not to fully recognize your highest potential.

On a personal note I can identify with this in my life. Due to my upbringing and the lack of fatherly love and acceptance I was stunted in my personal growth. Up until high school I lived pretty much in altered introverted state, whereas in reality I am definitely an extravert.

Perhaps now at the height of your mid-life experience you are fully recognizing your highest potential. It has always resided within your unconscious mind but the wisdom of the '3' wise men has just now become fully recognized.

As in all dreams one needs to look for all the possible interpretations of a dream. There may be a personal aspect to this dream, one that is geared to an actual experience in life. But I believe the dream is confronting an unconscious aspect more so than a personal one.

Let me know your thoughts on my interpretation and we can look further into the dreams meaning.
Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 54

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Murfreesboro, Tn

Re: Re: dream interpretation

Gerard:
That was a fine interpretation considering what you had to work with. This dream is about 8 months old and I certainly haven't forgotten it. It was crystal clear and I don't often retain dreams well. I am becoming more interested in this and will strive to become more observant.
I am a musician, art dealer and astrologer. The astrologer has been a rather recent discipline. I am reclusive and don't put myself into the fight and fray of life until I do. Certainly a wee bit passive/ aggressive. This dream came at a time when it was necessary to bring my astrological skills out into practise and not hold back to long fretting over details and perfections. I am insecure about being as good as possible before I venture forth and this of course can hold one in limbo forever getting things right.
The big message I did recieve from the wise men was " everything doesn't have to be perfect to be effective ". The Masculine energy comments are quite fitting. I tend to be a soft sell and tend not to project a strong masculine side. Until the bugger needs to survive and then out he comes. I am quite complicated and I'm sure people don't understand me all that well. I'm somewhat in my own Monastary alot of the time. Especially over the past 5 years. I am a very intuitive type. Astrologically I have alot of fire. Leo-Aries. These are tenanted in the 8th and 12th water houses. Fire in water houses = boil and stew.
Could you comment alittle on the deer as characters in the dream. After reading your interpretation and rethinking the dream it certainly has become much more self explanatory.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 53

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? kaslo, b.c. Canada

Re: Re: Re: dream interpretation

Thanks for your comments about the intrepretation. Dreams have a way of showing specific elements about the dreamer and when look at correctly these aspects tend to stand out. Again I must give credit to Jung's philosophies on the dream in leading me to certain conclusions.

You have taken on quite a lot with your interests in music, art and astrology. Jung tells us that when we allow the creative self to lead our lives we find more harmony and happiness in life. Joseph Campbell calls it 'following your bliss', doing that thing{s} in life the soul truly wishes to do.
I hope you will add dreams to list of interests. Dreams will provide a better understanding of the psyche and will aid you with your other creative endeavors.
Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 54

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Murfreesboro, Tn

stats from 7-14-10 to the present