Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Finding Child

Dreamt of walking down a Street with a Friend and her boyfriend (Haven’t seen this friend for some time)
We were walking down to my old University on our way to a College Ball. We were all dressed up.
On our way to the party , I noticed a young child crossing the road in nothing but his nappy. It was very
Cold. I immediately ran to get the child off the road and to keep him warm. On crossing the road I met the
Adult that this child was with. She informed me that she did not own the child but he belonged to a friend
Of hers who couldn’t cope with him. She then told me she couldn’t cope and left me with her child (a beautiful
Blond blue eyed Child ) in his buggy and the other baby who was still in my arms.

I rang my friends to tell them to continue to the party without me. I put the 2 children in my car and drove to
A local supermarket to buy Nappies and Foodstuffs for the Children. I then drove home to my old family home
And was greeted by my parents who told me not to tell the police and to keep the children.They doted on them.
I decided to tell the police but before I rang them they appeared at my door asking me if I had being involved in a hit and run
Accident – I hadn’t but I told them about the 2 children. They took the boys and had difficulty in finding the parent….

What does this mean??

The next night I dreamt of finding another child wandering on his own in a housing estate. I remembered being appalled
That the child was left out with supervision…

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 26

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Tivoli

Re: Finding Child

The street is your path in life, the journey that you have chosen to take {consciously and/or unconsciously}. The Friend and her boyfriend indicates an important part of you that is a valuable asset {it is valuable because it possesses both feminine and masculine aspects, Friend and her boyfriend}. The old University way is a past experince{s} that may have been a real learning experience in your life. It may be something that has since been covered up, or perhaps just forgotten about. On the way to the party is going about your life. The young child may be a past experience that you came across and was new at the time. Having on a nappy indicates a need to eliminate this aspect from the unconscious to conscious understanding. It was a cold experience for you. It also has to do some masculine aspect. The Adult is your maturing self that has yet to claim responsibilty for his past experience. It is something you do not wish to acknowledge. This aspect that you will not acknowledged has taken the palce of that beautiful self that childhood represents.

Your life probably was altered by this past experience. You have these two identities that need to be acknowledged and given room in your life {the opposing traits, the person who was changed by the experience and altered forever, and the other being who you are today because of the past experience}. The old family home may be a reference to your actual childhhood home. And also the parents doting over the two children. But I believe here they may also be references to how you have handled this past experience, pushing it to the unconscious mind where you can dot over the experience without having to be a parent to it in your waking life. calling the police is calling on your higher self to recognize this aspect about you. But you already know about it unconsciously. It is something that comes up from time to time but you run from it instead of confronting it.

The second dream is probably a repeat of the first dream. There is a part of you that was wandering without proper subervision {perhaps you as a child}. Looking back you would see this as appalling, something you would never do as an adult.

The dream is probably addressing a past experience from childhood or your youth that has affected who you are today, perhaps the way you go about being a parent. An experience that altered your personality and left an impression that unconsciously controls you in adulthood. It may have had to do with your growing up and the way your parents raised you. This is opposite of how you see yourself as a parent. There seems to be a part of you that was never accepted as it should have been and has left its mark on you.

I can identify with this experience. Not having the proper fatherly love left me crippled throughout my youth and altered my life as an adult. Not until I ackonwledged this at the age of 42 was I able to put it in its proper place., and begin to find a balance in my adult life.

What was your relationship with your parents like as a child? Are there experiences from childhood or your youth that stand out as exepreinecs that left an impression. It may be something you don't wish to think about. But if is true it is something you need to acknowledge. It could have been an unpleasant experience, something you wish to repress.

Also look to how you view parenting. The dream may be saying something about how you are as a parent as opposed as to how you were brought up.

If you will post a response to my interpretation we can look further into the possibilities.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Murfreesboro, Tn

Re: Finding Child

Thanks Gerard but No I had a wonderful childhood and relationship with my parents.
Felt very secure as a child and was never neglected - was always loved by my parents
and still am - Confusing?!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 26

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Tivoli

Re: Re: Finding Child

Then look to other aspects. The young child doesn't have to mean you as a child. It could point to some experience where the child is a metaphor for some other aspect of the psyche. It could be some recent experience and the child representing a new experience or emotion. Blned in what i said with your current emotional life. That may help in understanding the dream message. Whatever the representation, it is about you and your life. Look at the rest of the interpretation and see wher there may be merrit. Focusing just on the childhood isn't something I saw as a possibility. There are other aspects to inspect.

If you are not familiar with the dream process you may want to read some of the material I have gathered on dreams. A Dummies Guide to Dreams is a good place to start.
Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Murfreesboro, Tn

stats from 7-14-10 to the present