Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
changing in public+formal function

Dear all - I would like some help with the overall sense of this one.

I came out of a trail station (near my parents old place) and needed to change my clothes because I was going to a funtion. No where to change privately, and I decided I still needed to change so I moved to the side to the station entrance and started to change (!the thngs we do in dreams) - felt akin to a vagrant or homeless person. Opened my travel bag and my personal thngs fell out - I wasa little embarassed, more furstrated, annoyed as I put them back. As I 'got my gear off' I realised it would be quickere and less embarassing to just slip into the outer clothes without undoing the button, zips etc + putting without puttinng underwear on - like one might put on 'overalls'. Knowing that I would have to go home to change properly. All the while some other person was near me.

Arrived at the function - didn't feel comfortable - some people I knew but no friends. Joined up with some people (3 or 4 women) and went in. Many of the good seats were taken and my companions went ahead and found themselves seats (although not all together) - I was left standing alone. Two of them had chosen seats where the view of the performance was blocked by a large wall - so they wouldn't be able to see the performance, only hear it. I was looking at them to get up and move seats so we could sit together.

Talking to an older previous working colleague ( a gentle decent honest man) - met him as I was going from my home (that I didn't like). Thinking of selling my house, he was very happy where he was living.

Sorry it is so long - I can see the fractured themes, the exposure, the aloneness, but overall ?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 46

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Brisbane / Australia

Re: changing in public+formal function

hi,the words that came to mind on reading this dream,were,going through the change,albeit temporary,in this change your are as you say,feeling isolated,and alone,and unsure as to your place,these are the wilderness years,and the wall/performance,you don't know/can't see whats going on.
meeting the older man,could be your wiser extended self(who you have worked with before)telling you that it will work out ok,he is you extended to the future.
in myths as i am sure you know ,a wise old man(mana personality)usually turns up,and gives the hero some advice at a critical point in the journey,usually when a bit lost.he said to you ,he was happy where he was living,does this mean anything to you?
regards steve.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 49

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? england

The trail is from your past and the changing is perhaps what you need to do because of past experiences. You have previously acknowledged the need for
these changes but have yet to completely do so consciously. To do so would make you feel unwanted, probably by your conscious mind. If you should open up to these changes all kinds of personal things will come out. These are annoying, and even embarrassing things about yourself. You want to bypass the need to acknowledge these things.
Thse are unconscious things that you wish to cover up. You need to do the proper thing and acknowledge these traits {embarrassing as they may be}.

The 'function' is one aspect about your life. Something you do not feel comfortable with. This is not your best qualitiy, yet you make it a part of your total self. The other parts of you are separate from this aspect. It is something that stands alone from who you are on the surface. You hear what is going on but will not face it. You want to become whole and integrate this part into your life {which means you must acknowledge it}.

The older previous working man is what you wish to be, honest and decent. But there is this one thing about yourself you do not like. You see a need to rid yourself of this thing, trait, aspect so you can truly be comfortable with yourself.

If my interpretation hits a nerve then there is no further explaination needed. I think you will recognize this thing about yourself that you wish to 'change' We all have such qualities. The question may be whether to acknowldege it and give it a place in your life {if it indeed is a good quality that fits you} or something you need to eliminate all together. Which will make you that gentle, decent, honest man you really wish to be?
Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Murfreesboro, Tn

Thanks Gerard and Steve
Both these replies are halpful and on the mark. It is interesting that i) writing the dreams down and ii) having others look at them form a 'distance' really help with the perspective.
I have recently learned from dreams the usefulness of 'negative' role models and now I have a positive role model - I can see the qualities I wish to aspire to personified in the older work colleague.
Being able to face up to the things I can see more clearly now is hard, but this helps
JC

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 46

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Brisbane / Australia

Hi Gerard and Steve

I recalled this dream the other day as I must ahve had a further insight into it (and myself).

One is that 'overalls' are protective ,,, as described in this dream they cover my true nature.

In this dream I was changing my clothes (the mid-life references are now much clearer ,,) at the exit/entrance of a train station near my parents place - what I did not post was that I remember being moved on by a female Railways employee - being embarassed and hurredly collecting all my things and move on ,,,, feeling embarassed etc

The further thoughts relate to
i) how I feel about Feminine ,,, that I fear exposing my real (naked) self ,,, who + what I really am, and
ii) that I put on overalls - that is, cover myself, hide what is underneath, 'protect' myself from the Feminine.
Undreneath it all, I feel threatened by the Feminine ie: Life,,,, and have been running away from it / Her ,,,
There is this aspect, however there is another ,,, so rather than just having seen Feiminine as over-powering, it is also up to me to expand my masculine traits ,,,,
One response to this is to slow down, lat this process take its time and stand my ground as it were. Face up to the 'uncomfortable realities' (the truths that embarass),,,

Easily said,
Thanks
Justin

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 47 Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

stats from 7-14-10 to the present