Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pirates of the Carribean

Hi Gerrard,

I had a dream a few nights ago where I was in an old abandoned mansion with two men who were friends of mine. In reality, I do not remember these two men, I can't remember what they looked like so I am not sure they were anyone I know. Anyway, in the dream, we ended up in a small room, it may have been the kitchen, I couldn't tell because everything was blacked and charred as though the house had been set on fire at one time. I remember we were trapped in this room, we were frightened but did not want to go back the way we came because we were scared and the house seemed haunted. Finally, we had done something, like open a secret compartment or something I can't remember entirely that allowed for another door to appear. We were uncertain if we wanted to go through those doors but I suppose we decided to because next thing I know the doors were opened and there was the bedroom. The bedroom was large and one wall was missing, so there was an open gape over looking a cliff made out of huge wooden logs. The cliff was more like a long, steep hill but we found it too difficult to climb down. One of the men may have been my boyfriend because we decided to rest on the bed for a while, we were exhausted. While we rested, our other friend stayed in the kitchen. All of sudden we were awakened by a skeletal figure that was crouched down by the bedroom opening. We were terrified! It looked at us, said nothing and began walking towards us. Another one appeared in the kitchen next to my friend. The skeletal figures turned into men, just like in the movie Pirates of the Carribean where the pirates would become skeletons at certain times (not sure if it was in the dark or in the daylight). We understood that these skeletal beings had human characteristics and were harmless. The one that was approaching us walked into the kitchen where the other one was sweeping the floor. Our friend didn't seem to have noticed them or was unaffected by them. We knew, either telepathically or instinctively that they were trying to help us leave because one of them directed us to the cliff and next thing we knew we understood how to climb down it without any problem. The part that stood out the most for me was seeing the skeletal creatures, I remember feeling terrified! When I saw them turn into human's or disguised as humans I felt safe. I would really appreciate any insight on this. Many thanks
Juma

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 34

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? CANADA

Re: Pirates of the Carribean

Juma,
I haven't looked back at your other posts prior to making this interpretation. I may do so after wards but I like to make an interpretation to a dream not knowing past interpretations, and being influenced by them.

My interpretation

Something old often symbolizes something from the past. An abandoned mansion suggests some higher aspect of your psyche has been neglected or repressed. The two men probably refers to masculine qualities and being unknown suugests these qualities are unconscious, not consciouisly recognized for their ability to influence your waking life, havingg been 'burned' by some experience that has changed you {burning something changes its color}. Rooms usually symbolize distinct aspects about the dreamer with the kitchen being a place for preparing oneself.
Nourishment, or knowledge is what is prepared. This area probably has unconscious aspects, being black, and the charred may represent a past experience that left you 'charred'. This is something you have probably repressed {not wanting to go back the way we came} and something that haunts you unconsciously.

when I say unconsciously I mean consciously you have put it out of your mind but you are still driven unconsciously by this experience. It still affects the way you live your life

The secret compartment is where this experience has been placed and with this dream you have an openning into what lies within this experience. There is usually great anxiety whne faced with unconscious contents thus the uncretainty of going through the doors. The bedroom may suggest several things. On, it is a place where you dream and discover new things {or forgotten or repressed info} about yourself. It also has other conotations which I will confront as the need arises {with sex always something to be considered]. Being a large room suggests this is something large in your life and a wall missing suggests a barrier has been removed. The cliff with the wooded logs may represent having come to an end where you must face these unconscious aspects if you are to move on in your life. But you find this too difficult to accept {probably why is has been repressed}.

You may be exhausted in your waking life from these unconscious contents, even though you are unaware of the influences on your waking life. Part of you wants to better understand these contents and their unconscious influences. But there are skeletons you are afraid of. The bedroom openning may suggest the place where you have discovered these skeletons, vi the dream, and/or have sexual overtones, being a bedroom. These skeletons, repressed memories/experiences are coming toward you and want to be recognized consciously. Turning into men suggests these experiences may have to do with the masculine, either your own masculine aspects or the masculine {men} in your life.

Once you understand that unconscious contents should not be feared they become helpful. This is suggested by there becoming harmless in your dream. They are human, a part of you and are not something you should fear. They want to be acknowledged so you can perpare yourself for what their influences have been in your life. Your instinctive psyche {the dream} offers help and directions ob how to proceed {climbing down the cliff}.

The fear of seeing the skeletons is a normal reaction to first viewing unconscious contents, they can be very frightening. But once you realize that they present themselves not to frighten you but to offer information about your inner life {which affects your waking life}, they become allies in confronting the repressed contents.

There does seem to be something in your past that has not been properly acknowledged. An experience that may have been traumatic, so much so you repressed it so not to have to confront it. It may have to do with some masculine experience {a man or men in your life} and possibly have to do with the bedroom. But you may have to look beyond these to other metaphors they may represent. But the repressed experience seems to be clear. What exactly it is only you can determine.

Let me know your response to my interpretation and perhaps we can go further in determining what these skeletons are. If I did a good job in terpreting the dream, you may recognize what the skeletons are just from the interpretation. Either way i would appreciate a response so all of us at teh Forum can learn from your dream experience.
Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Murfreesboro, Tn

Hi Gerrard,

Thank you for your detailed interpretation of my dream. As much as I wish to believe I have dealt with issues in my life, it is apparent I haven't. When I was a little girl I was molested by a friend of the family. I had periods in my life where I felt I had to ackowledge and deal with these experiences and I thought I had. Your description of the repressed memories of traumatic events from my past that have to do with the bedroom and a male figure was dead on. But, I am not so clear on the meaning of the skeletons turning human which tell me I should not be afraid of them. Do the skeletons represent my predator or myself or my overall experience? I am somewhat surprised that this issue is coming up in my dreams, I am also frightened by this. What is this dream telling me? Is it saying that although I thought I had dealt with something and moved on I really haven't and it is manifesting in my daily life without me knowing it? This is scarey!
Juma

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

Re: Re: Pirates of the Carribean

Juma,

In your dream the skeletons at first seem frightening. This suggests to me that the skeletons represent the unconscious contents of your past experience {the molestation}. But eventually the skeletons are seen as harmless. Jung tells us that at first glance unconscious contents can be seen as terrifying. But when you acknowledge the unconscious contents as you have they become harmless, nullified by the acknowledgement of the conscious mind.

I think what is happening is the dream is confirming your acknowledgement of this past experience and is re-affirming the unconscious contents as a positive aspect, something you are woking at in solving and putting in its proper place. I don't you need to be frighten. The dream wishes to convey to you that you are aided by the unconscious, thye skeletons that were at one time a frighetening experience in your life has become an ally, wanting to resolve the issue once and for all.

When looking at a dream remember it is communicating the condition of your life at the time of the dream. You have acknowledged the molestation and are consciously working with it. I think your dream is merely stating the present condition of this issue in your life. Take it as a positive thing. AS long as you work to resolve the issue, or have resolved it approperiately the skeletons should be seen as a positive thing. The unconscious skeletons are now helping you to climb down the cliff you were once on
Hope this helps.
Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Murfreesboro, Tn

Gerard,

Thank you again. You have helped me in uderstanding what my unconscious mind is telling me. I feel relieved that it is a positive thing and that I shouldn't be worried. The meaning of the skeletons and the cliff makes sense to me now and all I can do is still work on resolving these issues as well as paying more attention to what my dreams are telling me. I truly appreciate you taking the time to interpret my dreams and answering my questions. You have helped me more than you know.
Juma

stats from 7-14-10 to the present