Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Body Bag

Dream this morning...

I walked into an unfamiliar room and was shocked to see a black body bag lying on a large table. The bag obviously contained the body of an adult. Several individuals (unknowns) roamed around the room, seemingly oblivious to the presence of the body. Suddenly I was left alone - and felt compelled to unzip the bag (this could only have taken place in a dream!) When I did, the old man inside gasped for air - grabbed my arm - and pleaded, "Please don't leave me unattended." I promised him that I would return as soon as possible...that I had some pressing matters to take care of first.

Several tasks later, I had forgotten about the old man and rushed into the room once more to check on him. The bag had been zipped up and the old man was still. Again, I unzipped the bag and he gasped for air. This time he was weak and pale, but managed to utter, "Please don't leave me alone." I felt terrible that I had been so incredibly negligent with his care. I removed the old man from the bag and carried him to a chair where I sat with him - holding him like a baby. He seemed comforted and went to sleep - now taking on the appearance of a small child, resting peacefully.

Another dream version of 'not giving due and proper attention to the masculine aspect of my psyche' or is there more to it?

Appreciate comments...

Deedee

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 47

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Northwest US

Re: Body Bag

You have come upon unfamiliar aspects or experiences in your unconscious life. Within the body bag is a part of you, as an adult. Other parts of yourself ignore this part of you. You have the need to examine this hidden part of yourself. When you do you find the wise old man, a macsuline trait that is benefictal when utilized properly. This part of you wants to be recognized and become a part of your waking life. You may have neglected this aspect in the past due to other considerations in your life.

This masculine part of you has become weak, has not been properly acknowledged. But upon acknowledging this aspect of yourself it becomes a new and useful tool in your life. It still needs nourishment by your conscious mind so to grow properly.

The dream seems to be pretty straightforward. What masculine aspects have you neglected? It is a wise aspect when properly integrated. It could be an inner masculine quality and/or have something to do with your waking life. First look inward for the answer.
Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Murfreesboro, Tn

Re: Body Bag

Thanks, Gerard. I, too thought the dream was fairly straightforward and your interpretation confirmed my initial perceptions. Interesting...a situation arose yesterday afternoon in the workplace that required some assertiveness on my part to deal with a co-worker issue. This is not a comfortable realm for me and I have generally found that my preference is to retreat from confrontational situations. In this case, it was not an option. I was strraightforward and firm - yet tempered my responses with a softer (and more familiar)side. The result was perfect - and I had a sense of "wise old woman" pleasure that comes from 'now I understand'...how the blending of masculine/feminine can truly compliment each other and bring balance. I had a flashback to the old woman/wolf dream where she unfastens the harness and releases the wolf. He is free, but she keeps a watchful eye on him at all times.

After such a revealing event yesterday, I felt somewhat disappointed that my dream early this morning was shadowed. I again saw the same old man - he was now free of the constraining body bag, but possessed a definite sinister demeanor. He became very aggressive and forced me into an elevator - pushing the button for the basement level (?). One thing that was different with this dream episode was the emotion - I was not as fearful of the old man as I was disgusted with him. He was clearly crossing boundaries and was in my comfort zone. The real frustration seemed to generate from my inability to tell him how I felt. I regretted deeply that I had ever unzipped the bag and taken the old man out.

Why such an inner struggle?

Thanks again for the opportunity to learn - to express - and to even vent once and awhile.

Deedee

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 47

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Northwest US

Re: Re: Body Bag

Deedee,
Looking at the last paragraph of your dream, ' I removed the old man from the bag and carried him to a chair where I sat with him - holding him like a baby. He seemed comforted and went to sleep - now taking on the appearance of a small child, resting peacefully' suggests you are doing what is necessary to integrate the masculine aspect into your waking life. It is still an infant to your waking life. The dream is re-stating the importance of the masculine and is also communicating the delicate condition it represents to your personality. Just as JUMA's dream seemed to shine a positive light on her condition {the skeletons were a positive}, I think here too the dream is merely stating where you are as far as letting the masculine self become a part of your person. It is still an infant but with work and care it will grow. It seems to already had a positive effect by your experience of yesterday. I quote, "I was straightforward and firm - yet tempered my responses with a softer (and more familiar)side". That is true balance.
Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Murfreesboro, Tn

stats from 7-14-10 to the present