Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dream

Hi there,

Hope you can interpret my dream(dream sequences) that I had last night. I was with my mother and my sister in a huge old beautiful house, we might have been on vacation together in what I think was Europe. I remember opening the door to one room and there were several dolls and stuffed animals placed around the room as thought they were people. They were sitting on chairs, around coffe tables etc. One toy (can't recall if he was a doll or a stuffed bear) came to life and turned its head to look at me. A bit spooked a closed the door. Later, I was sitting in the foyer on a beautiful sofa and the door to the same room opened and the doll/toy came to talk to me, he was holding a suffed animal in each hand and handed them to me. He said things like don't be scared and take them, hug them and other stuff I can't remember. I took the stuffed animals and held them. At this point I am not sure if the dream switched to another scene or I had another dream but I was with my mother and sister again and we were in a car, I can't remember who was driving, I think I was. We were at a gas station, I filled the tank and then we drove to another house. This house was very old, like an old Italian villa. We parked and I went into the house to check it out while my mom and sister waited. I went in and looked around and thought it was beautiful but creepy, almost haunted. I turned to leave and I noticed I had to go through a set of doors so I open them, then I see another door, and another. I couldn't get out of the house, Every time I opened a door and went through there was another closed door I had to open. I felt I was beginning to panic but I also felt like I was getting closer to the last door, I was almost there. Finally, I opened the last door that led me outside and I went to the car.
I know there was more to the dream that I was able to remember this morning but I have forgotten some of it. Any help in interpreting this dream would be great.

Thanks
JUMA

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 34

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? CANADA

Re: Dream

The dream may be trying to communicate your desire to get far away from past experiences {old house and vacation in Europe}. The dolls and stuffed animals symbolize the experiences from childhood, which you wish were not real {real people}. The one toy is the major focus of all the attention of your unconscious. The toy coming to talk to you offers inticements. He {a real male person in your childhood} tells you not to be frighten, to accept and trust him. You do.

The second part is dealing with your desire and at times inability to open up to the past childhood experiences. The fact your mother and sister are in the dream may represent them as victims also, as you were. You feel at this time in your adult life you are getting closer to resolving these issues but there always seems to be another door that needs to be openned.

Besides the childhood experiences that you are now trying to work with and overcome, there may be a deeper issue toward men in general. Do you have trouble trusting men? If you have properly acknowledged the traumatic childhood experiences {or at least working to resolve them} there may be the lingering mistrust of men because of those childhood experiences. The many doors in your dream is probably addressing the difficulting in resolving the past experiences but also may be trying to focus on the trust issue also.
Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Murfreesboro, Tn

Hi Gerard,

thanks for your interpretation. You had stated that the fact that my mother and sister were in my dream suggests they are victims as well. In fact, they were victims in their childhood as I was however not to the same extent as me. Nonetheless, they were victims of abuse. As you pointed out, I may have problems trusting men because of my past experiences, although I am trying to resolve them. You are right, I do not trust men easily. I trust them as friends, but not as lovers and boyfriends or husbands. I am divorced as well and I had trusted my husband who betrayed me in more ways than one. I think this on top of my childhood experiences has re-inforced a mistrust in men. I haven't had a relationship in a almost three years and I have a hard time getting close to a man. I acknowledge this and I know I have to resolve this issue. I suppose you are right the doors that I need to open represents me trying to solve my problems but I see another door that needs to be open which represents that I just cannot get past something which reinforces my mistrust in men, and in people in general.

Thanks again.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

Re: Re: Dream

Hi Juma,
I'm somewhat of a novice when it comes to dream interpretation, but I'm by no means a stranger to mistrust and abuse issues. Just a word of encouragement - dreams not only represent a means to deeper understanding of ourselves...but incredibly, can also be that catalyst for healing. I speak from experience, so you can trust me :)

Keep dreaming, keep posting - you'll get there...and you have friends who will give you a helping hand along the way.

Deedee

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 47

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Northwest US

Hi Juma.
Just wanted to offer my support. I'm on a similar path of healing. It is a difficult journey. I can only offer my path in support of your path to healing.

For me, it took a focus not on my own experience but on the global existance in that there is not, has not been, a single soul that has not been touched by tragedy. Each person experiences joy and sorrow, euphoria and pain, "heaven and hell". So therfore I was not alone in my experience. And that an abuser is not born an abuser but created through the abuse that is perpetrated on them. I know, may be an idealistic view (INFJ) but it was this realization that helped me forgive my abuser and let go of my anger. As far as trust, except a small circle of friends, I trust as far as I am in control, be it male or female. So, still have work to do there.

If you enjoy reading and have not already read it The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying by Sogyal Rinpoche offers exceptional insight to pain, suffering and healing. It was and continues to be a great source of inspiration in my path.

With Best wishes,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Central OH

Hi there,
I was so touched to see that Deedee and Kathy have given support through their kind words. Thank you both very much for having such compassion for a stranger. I feel comforted by your advice and insight and will continue to work on forgiveness, acceptance and understanding. Thanks again Deedee, Kathy and of course Gerard for such great interpretations.
p.s. Kathy, I will definitely pick up a copy of the book you've recommended.
cheers
Juma

stats from 7-14-10 to the present