Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
the world tree

i arrive at a square plant filled park,in the middle is a huge mound a bit like an ancient burial mound,on top of the mound is a huge tree,full of fruits and nuts of huge proportions,i identify it as yggdrasil the world tree from norse mythology,a squirrel is knocked out of the tree by a hawk .i realise that the strife caused by the squirrel is over as it is dead.sat an oak bench in this park,i say goodbye to two females in vw campervans they just drive round and round the mound then finally realise another road and drive off, i have a hammer which i want to throw,i know it will return to me.(thors hammer/anger,my impatience perhaps).
i know i have to wait for a managing director in a suit and carrying a briefcase to meet me for an appointment at this park.
while i can identify the norse myth undertones,ie the tree,the trouble causing squirrel,as being a metaphor for my own struggle between the conscious and unconscious content,wanting to throw thors hammer,i see as my lack of patience,the fact i am waiting for an appointment with the managing director,super ego,god,?not to sure ,as i have difficulty with both or even the two females going round the mound,would be grateful for any ideas.regards steve.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 49

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? england

Re: the world tree

Hi Steve,
Most interesting dream...being Norwegian it might behoove me to come up to speed with Norse mythology:)...very fascinating. I certainly wouldn't attempt to interpret, but there are aspects of your dream that captured my attention. The setting (park) - a place of rejuvenation/renewal. Bench - a place to rest. Burial mound - putting to rest a part of yourself perhaps? Two women - dueling aspects of yourself...going round and round. Any more thoughts on the authoriative figure you are waiting for - have an appointment with? Any more dreams?

Deedee

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 47

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Northwest US

Re: Re: the world tree

hi deedee,your idea of the park ,as a place of rest and rejuvination,is a good one thats what you do in a park,rest ,look,take in,thats what i need to do,if ever there was a lesson i need to take in ,it would be one of patience.i don't know who the authority figure is,just a managing director.the park ,felt very central,especially as the mound and world tree were bang in the middle,i know jung talked about this sort of symbol as a mandala,a centre,and in this case would probably represent a need to centre and bring together the scattered energies and aspects of my self.
the squirrel in the norse mythology was a go between,taking insults and messages between the dragon at the roots of the tree and the eagle in the branches, as i am sure you know,i saw this as representing the strife of my own battle between what i am consciously limited by and what is coming up from my unconscious.
waiting is always the hard part ,as it is easy to slip into, time might be running out mode,being at that wonderful middle age place,
my unconscious seems to be making it clear, that i be patient, and things will happen in there own time.
as jerry once stated,the hidden wheels of time are turning,and will help you to evolve.
oh what light from yon window breaks.regards steve.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

Hi Steve,
Just some thoughts,
I am assuming the mound in the park is round and you said the park was square. Is this the proverbial "Squaring of the Circle" and the abundant fruit tree is the cornucopia of life?

The animals are interesting. The tree can be symbolically the link between the underworld and the spiritual world. The hawk links the air with the tree and the squirrel links the earth with the tree (it takes things from the ground and stores them in the tree). Air=Thinking Function and Earth=Sensation Function (Jung's Personality Types).

Does the VW Wagon have something to do with your past? Two of them may indicate something arising from the unconscious. Something you had squirrelled away, but now it is gone. Coud this dream be a progression of your earlier dreams? Do you feel like you have a lot of energy to start a new project?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 46

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Sydney Australia

hi stephen G.i like the squaring of the circle idea,could be things are beginning to be pulled together,the only association i can think of regarding the vw camper vans,is from my youth,i lived in devon and these vehicles , i am sure you know are part of the surfing scene.could be symbolic of , gracefully surrendering the things of youth and transition into a more mature outlook.i definately feel this dream is a progression from my earlier dreams,i feel a bit more at peace with myself,content to be patient and wait,.
i have been very aware of a battle between the underworld and the spiritual world if you like,although i don't believe they exist as a duality,(the kingdom is spread upon the earth ,but men do not see it),i see the death of the squirrel by the hawk as a metaphor,for ,the getting rid of negative feelings ,that were an obstacle to the dialogue between my unconscious and conscious .the squirrel in the norse world tree,was a pain,it caused conflict between the upper realm and lower realm,by trading insults between the two,something in my psychological makeup has in the past taken up the mantle of this character and its demise can only be a step in the right direction,this could be the higher thinking function (ie the hawk)through self analysis getting rid of the negative aspects based on earthly sensations .my latest dream seems to be making a statment of progress in the right direction,as it evolved around ,finding the ariadne thread in a labrynth.i can only wait, as this dream suggests,and follow any prompts(appointments) from my unconscious, as campbell and jung stated ,its whats running the show ,it knows best.to surrender with grace is the challenge.
just to digress a little,with regards to crossroads cropping up in dreams,have you or anyone else found them to be a common theme in dreams of middle age,i would be interested to know .
many thanks for your thoughts stephen G.
regards steve.

Hi Steve,
Your interpretation sounds right (as long as it clicks). I have documented over 600 dreams and I have only had two occassions where I come to a fork in the road. I'm a sensation type and very down to earth.

Were the VWs around when you originally met the girl (outerworld) relating to your crossroads dream?

Cheers, Stephen G.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 46

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Sydney Australia

hi ,stephen G ,this is the first dream ever,where vw campers appeared,i must admit ,that they also reminded me of the movie,the dream team,i am still looking at this as a possible reason for them showing up in this dream,if it is this theme,then it still leads me back to ,a gathering in of scattered (mental/psychological )energies, as this is what the movie was basically about.regards steve.

Re: Re: Re: the world tree

Steve - from one fellow mid-lifer to another...yes, crossroads are a very common theme in my dreams - at least once or twice a week - as well as park settings, complete with the park bench. I understand what many of these symbols reference...because I'm very mindful of where I'm at in real life at this mid point i.e. - often feeling the stress of decision making (has to be right because I may only have one good shot at it); a body that doesn't move as quickly as I'd like it to (if you'll remember in my last dream posting, I couldn't even make it up the mountain without having to stop and rest along the way - you can say it was a stopover for spiritual renewal of sorts...I think I was just too tired to make the trip in one day!) I'm beginning to see many common dream threads among the midlife group of the forum - and it has been quite telling.

Perhaps we need to find a greater level of contentment in the fact that we've been "around the block" a few times...the life experiences alone are invaluable...the wisdom, priceless.

If you're like me, Steve - it's time to take a rest on the park bench (not so long that your joints become stiff), reflect for a moment as to where we've been and all that we've lived, and find a measure of patience while we wait for the next chapter to unfold. This seems to be the message that's coming through in my dream world of late.

I'm fairly confident that the best is yet to come.

Deedee (midlife, and lovin' it)

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 47

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Northwest US

stats from 7-14-10 to the present