Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dark dream still lingering

I was in a sex store with a friend, I had tried on some skimpy clothing and was walking around in them. We had originally come in because I wanted to show her a pamphlet I had found in the store. I then saw this lady that I babysat for who I was pretty close with and her children. I had the feeling that I had seen them there before. They seemed disturbed to see me there again though. The little girl asked me what I was doing there, she seemed to insinuate I was being perverted. The mother scolded her for being rude and they left.
It was night. I was then in a fast food restaurant with two friends when we saw some old friends we had disconnected with for good reason. Somehow we were guilted into sitting with them. I was feeling pretty awful about myself as this one girl makes me feel terrible about myself. Then this guy that I like came in with some of his friends. He sat down with us, leaving his friends. He was tapping his finger against mine and so I held his hand--he immediately held me close to him and told me he would keep me safe and love me. We were suddenly outside of this large student building. There was something sneaky going on in this building and we were trying to figure out what it was. We were hiding on this terrace in a secret section on the outdoor part of the building. There was a long path that stretched before us, donkeys were walking along the path. The land went up on both sides by about three or four feet, at the top of the small hills there was dense forest. A large group of old women dressed in black walking with sticks were walking beside the donkeys. suddenly all at once the women started beating the donkeys to death. I started crying. There was a lot of pandemonium, hundreds of donkeys were running down the path. Next we were on these white mounds, across from us on another mound was a little gremlin/gnome woman sitting down, she looked like she was a slave. A man of the same race came and sat beside her. My companion told me to press a button on my watch and we changed into the same creatures. Announcements were made on speakers about us so we left this area. We were back on the street and we saw a large group of the women who did the donkey killing so we walked up a small staircase. My companion told me to press the button on my watch again but I was freaking out and told him I wouldn't change again. The women passed the staircase and we pretended to be ignorant of what they were doing. We cheered for them as they passed. The women looked very different though, they were young and looked like wild women, they were also naked.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 19

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Canada

Re: Dark dream still lingering

Katharine,
I believe your dream is addressing certain guilt you are feeling. There is something you have built up guilt over, perhaps the sexual aspect of your life. You are probably feeling emotional burden over this guilt within you.

How do you feel about sex in general? Do you feel guilt when you think about it or actually engage in it? How did your parents, your mother in particular feel about sex?

I see within the dream a desire for acceptance and love. Do you feel a need to find this in your life? I believe you are carrying emotional burdens {the donkeys} that threatens the balance in your life. If it doesn't have to do with sex it has to do with not receiving proper love and attention earlier in life.

If you will let me know your impressions to my interpretation we may be able to look deeper into the possibilities to the dream message.
Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Murfreesboro, Tn

Re: Re: Dark dream still lingering

Sex for me causes some anxiety. During, I usually am thinking that I would like it to be over with. I definately have guilt about relationships I've had this year. My parents aren't very open about their sex life but I do know that they went to a marriage counsellor who apparently tried to get them to be more sexually active. Their marriage has improved a lot since then, from my stance that is.
I have felt very much ont eh outside of my family, I'm ****** not out, and generally have different views on all topics of discussion. I've lost my best friend of eight years(we dated and that destroyed our friendship which was already rocky at the time) and currently don't really have any one person that sort of fills that void.
I do have issues with sex, but I can't figure out why. I usually fall head over heels for someone and then when it comes to sex my libido drops--despite usually being a pretty horny teen.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Re: Re: Dark dream still lingering

Katharine,
Thanks so much for your response. Your dream and response shows just how important the sexual aspect plays within our lives and our dreams.

I saw within your dream deep anxieties that had to do with sexual aspects. This often translates into a need for love and acceptance that has never been properly provided. The great part of this need stems from the parents. Your anxieties and inability to maintain proper libido probably has its roots in early childhood and the relationship with your parents. There could be other traumatic experiences also that need to be unconvered. It is very important to discover what these influences are, acknowledge and confront them, and put them in there proper place. I suggest you seek counceling, preferably from a trained psychologist. If you do not find the source to your anxieties they will carry on throughtout your adult life and will be a negative influence on any meaningful relationship you try to engage in. These are deep seeded anxieties that will influence your happiness and ability to show proper love to others, whether it be sex or love in a relationship.

We all need at some time some type of counceling in our lives, so don't feel as if this is something to be abnormal to do. My life was greatly influenced by my fathers inability to show love and acceptance to me when I was a young boy. It played itself out throughout my adult years until I was in my late 20s, in a sexual way. Looking for love in all the wrong places. It was an unconscious motivation and without the proper tools to discipline myself I hurt others as well as myself in my relationships. Not until I reached the age of 42 and discovered Joseph Campbell and Carl Jung was I able to reconcile all of this.

If you will do what is necessary now to resolve the inner conflicts that are the stimulus for your anxieties you can live a balanced and happy life, both in loving relationships and sexually. You are still very young and your whole life is ahead of you. To do otherwise will only cause heartaches and much more frustrations.
I wish you the best in your search.
Gerard

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Re: Re: Re: Dark dream still lingering

Thank you so much for your interpretation, this has been a lot of help to me and a lot of what you've said rings true for me. I will look into seeing a psychologist as soon as is possible

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Dark dream still lingering

Katherine, That's good news. In the mean time explore the pages at Myths-Dreams-Symbols. You may find answers to some of the questions you have about yourself.
A Guide to Psychology may help provides insights.
Gerard

stats from 7-14-10 to the present