Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
travel

I arrive at at house upnorth, it seems to be built on the side of a hill. I think my parents live here, not sure. Came to go for a party for an old friend. Saw people I havent seen for a long time, group of friends that I hung out when we were in our 20s, before children. Waiting for party to start, went into a store to buy candy, not sure what to get, undecided. Dont remember buying candy just remember having it. Seeing people I dont know around the street, very happy, lauging, smiling, singing. Makes me feel good, but this is odd behavior in public, they are all alone, no one is together. Get to a party i want to just go and sit at the back, too many people. Next thing I remember is going to school, must be college. Looking at peoples feet as we go down the stairs outside, they have on runners, thought our runners were not appropriate for this time of year, figured i guess you get use to the cold. Forgot pencil and paper, I am not prepared. Turned out to be work at a department store. I then felt even more unprepared, what was I going to do? All I did was help people at the door. Simple but I dont want this job. Oh well have to do it anyway. Wanted to buy material for windows from the store. Didnt know if it would match what was already hanging there. Sent my husband out to get a sample from wherever the drapes were hanging. Sample matched brown corduroy type material. Is there enough on the bolt looks like it is but better make sure. Finally found saleslady, had her measure it, good there is enough as I thought. Although still feel not satisfied for some reason.

It might take me awhile to try and figure out how this fits into my life right now. Any ideas anyone? Thanks, Donna

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 46 Canada

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? cabada

Re: travel

Hi Donna,
Here are some things for you to ask yourself.

Have you had an experience recently where you relied on your existing beliefs/attitudes derived from your parents, rather than making your own choice?

The unconscious could be trying to remind you of a similar situation you experienced in your 20's.

There seems to be a major theme in your dream about not communicating (candy store, lack of paper and pencil, which material, sitting by yourself at the party).

Did you have to do a menial task recently, which you really didn't want to do? Were you just putting on a show for others (window dressing). Maybe your belief from your parents is to just do what you are told, rather than choose to do it or not. If this does not click then it is not the right interpretation.

The only figure in your dream who communicated something to you was your shadow, a part of yourself that has been repressed in the unconscious. This could be the part of yourself you needed to use in this particular situation.

Hope I have helped. Stephen G.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 46

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Sydney Australia

Donna,
I think the dream is trying to communicate your desire to find that place in life you feel most at 'home' with. I don't know if it is addressing some creative aspect or merely a desire to find that desireable place where you are not required to do menial tasks that do not challenge you. It could be both. The dream does seem to be addressing higher aspirations but also indicates you are stuck in the thinking mold. You are looking for that material that fits your life and even though at times you feel you have found it, intuitively you know better.
Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Murfreesboro, Tn

Hi Donna
Thought I might think as I go, and see how it goes

There are some common themes in this dream that seem to refer to deciding what you want or what you expected (the candy, the party,
Perhaps this goes back some time to College days, when we are forming ourselves - or more usually forming what the outer world will see of ourselves.

One aspect of this dream for me is looking for intra-personal integration especially in your outer public life- the people who don't know each other; inappropriate shoes. And a wish to get comfortable in your life at present ,,,,

Any triggers there?
JC

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Brisbane / Australia

Re: Re: travel

Dear Stephen: I think perhaps this dreams has to do with my shadow. I have always been a person to go along, and not say what i really feel, in order to spare others feelings. I guess I figure it is time in my life to be honest with myself and others. I will just have to figure out an appropriate way to do this, since I am not really familiar with it. I have gotten better over the years at "being myself" however, I guess I still have some work to do.

THanks for your help, Donna

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Gerard,

I have been thinking quite abit about getting off my butt and going for walks, enjoying nature. I have recently begun yoga, which i enjoy very much. I am still not as motivated as I would like to be. I have cut down my smoking to less than a quarter of what i use to smoke. Tommorrow is the day i give them up for good. Yahoo, I am hoping then I will have time to do all that I want and need to do for myself. This is a big life change for me. Time to move on to the next step. Looking after me.

Thanks, Donna

Justin,

There certainly are some triggers here. I am going through a phase of change in my life. This includes beginning to look after me. I figured out I am worth taking care of. It's time to get a little selfish. I still am working on what makes me truly happy. I found yoga helps me. Well here is to searching for an identity that has always been there, but repressed.

Thanks, Donna

Hi Donna,
It's good to see your feedback. I just re-read your dream and it seems to be a big dream made up of 4 or 5 scenes. When I have these it generally represents the beginning of the cycle. I choose one of the scenes, make my personal associations, connect it to a recent real event and learn a little bit more about myself. For example concentrate on the candy store scene. What other people were in the store? What did the store look like, old fashioned corner store, modern supermarket? Was it dark, light? What gender was the storekeeper? Try and remember as much detail as you can and then make your associations to each of the subjects. Jung writes that each dream should have a definite plot, players, something changes in the dream and a conclusion, for you to accept, or not. Each of the scenes in your dream has this structure, so it looks like it is time for you to choose. Cheers, Stephen G.

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Sydney Australia

stats from 7-14-10 to the present