Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Eyes swollen, hands burnt

Hello everyone,
Dreamt I met a guy and he wanted to come over and I lived at my mom and dads house. (I don't) I let him, but he kept trying to mess around and I didn't want to. Finally, some guys at the house removed him. Later he picked up the house and dad realized it was him back to make us pay. He came in an kidnapped me and my 16-year-old daughter. A guy with him was burning my hands with a ciggarette lighter. I kept begging them not to hurt my daughter. The guy that came to my house had a 12-gauge shotgun he kept pointing at me. Next, we were at the hospital and my daughter and I kept trying to escape. Finally we, did by acting like he were eating fried chicken from some trays. Was finally taken home. My eyes were swollen shut. Policeman was being really nice to me. But, my own family was not really helping.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 39 Houston, Texas, USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Eyes swollen, hands burnt

Hi Audra,
It would help me if you could tell me a couple of things.

The description of the gun was quite specific. How did you know it was a 12 guage shot gun? Have you seen one recently, or heard about one on TV/radio?

Also what does eating fried chicken mean to you in real life?

These two questions may bring some personal issues up for you, and it's okay not to post them on this message board. Just let me know that they connect for you somehow. Could be something 16 days, months, years ago, or when you were 16.

The outline of the dream seems to be saying you are having some internal conflict with some of your masculine aspects, you are feeling helpless and protective of your newer feminine aspects, you feel trapped. The cigarette lighter part could be an idiom 'Getting your hands burnt', getting too close to something and getting hurt from it. Whatever the fried chicken symbolises maybe giving you inner strength to break free. You need to take a new approach to the situation this dream represents because your eyes are swollen. You can't see clearly. This could be about using your intuition, rather than how you see things.

Make sure this interpretation clicks (has energy/surprise) for you, otherwise it is not right.
Cheers. Stephen G.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 46

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Sydney Australia

Re: Re: Eyes swollen, hands burnt

Thank you Stephen, from what I know the gun was a 12-gauge because a close friend was shot by her husband over 10 years ago with one. Fried chicken really means nothing to me except I like it! Also, I am a hair stylist, if that helps. Thank you so much for helping me.
Audra

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Thank you for your reply Audra. The real situation with the gun may be a place to start. Reflect on what transpired and what effect that had on you. Just make sure you realise that dream imagery is not literal. It's a metaphore - shows something but means something else. It seems the more terrible the dream, the more energy there is behind it. Maybe you have had similar dreams in the past and they were not taken notice of.

Seeing you like fried chicken, the dream phrase could be - you pretend to like someone/something. Does this ring any bells for you? When was the last time you ate it in real life? Did anything happen at that time? Were you with anyone?

Sorry to just give you more questions, but you are the only one with the answer to your dream. Stephen G.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Sydney Australia

Hi Audra
This dream although short is quite complex, which is nice because you can turn it over in your mind - doing that often 'cracks the nut' - opening doors for you.
There are a number of issues that yor dream raises for me, and they might be quite delicate and very personal.
The dream seems to relate aspects of abuse and doing things against your will, these may be of a sexual nature.
Your escape is interesting - by acting like eating fried chicken ..... ? acting like you enjoyed something ? ,,,
Your eyes were swollen - and you couldn't / cannot see ,,,,, is your memory blocked in some way, are there aspects of denial ....

I would like your feedback, as Stephen says, if it clicks for you and brings up unexpected feelings or emotions them there may be something in it - I have stretched my feedback here and may be righ toff the mark, and so I would like to hear your thoughts
JC

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Brisbane / Australia

Re: Re: Eyes swollen, hands burnt

Hey JC
Always have done a lot of acting in my life to make others happy or to just get things over with. I also have lots of blank spots growing up and I hear that could be repressed memories. So you may be very close. Thank You!
Audra

Re: Re: Re: Eyes swollen, hands burnt

Thanks Audra,
just keep bouncing it around in your head, something usually clicks, even when you don't expect it, then bounce that around and so it goes.
hope all ges well - you'll know what to do
JC

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Brisbane / Australia

stats from 7-14-10 to the present