Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Counseling Myself

Well, this latest dream gives new meaning to 'talking to yourself'! I'm seated at a kitchen table with my mother and we're having a conversation - there is a third person also present at the table - me. "She" is clearly upset and burdened with a number of issues - seeking counsel and direction. I begin to talk with her in a calm and compassionate manner - all the while being very straightforward in expressing my observations and giving counsel...quite wise, I might also add. There were actual issues that we discussed, and how to deal with them in the most effective and appropriate manner. It didn't seem so amazing in the dream, but today I'm fairly confident that it was. I woke up with clear direction regarding a number of issues I must deal with.

Has anyone experienced a dream scenario such as this?

Deedee

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 47

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Counseling Myself

Hi Deedee,
If I get the scene right, there is two of you at the table with your mother and you and yourself are talking to each other about issues. I assume your dream mother didn't say anything during the scene.

What I have learnt is that not everything can be solved from the Archetypes. They do not have consciousness, they are like gods. Have no morals, do what they want, generally put you to the test.

I have had several instances where the collective could not help me and it was left up to me to consciously make a decision. Being in the kitchen is generally about 'transformation' because that is where all the cooking is done (alchemy). You add, change, mix ingredients to create a new thing. Just for fun, does the kitchen remind you of any kitchens in real life? Stephen G.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 46

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Sydney Australia

Yes, interesting enough, me...myself...and my mother. And, my mother did not engage in any of the conversation (which, by the way is unusual for her!).

I like what you say about the kitchen - as a place of transformation, change. That is definitely what was taking place. One thing that I was mindful of in regards to myself (self, as the counselor) was a blend of masculine/feminine i.e. assertiveness and strong objectivity softened by compassion and understanding. Myself as the 'counselee' seemed very receptive to this manner of counsel. Very different type of dream for me - I don't recall any other dreams even remotely close to this scenario...I guess it rather caught me off-guard.

Thanks, Stephen...what you say definitely 'clicks'.

Deedee

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

...by the way, the kitchen was not one that was familiar.

D

Maybe the reference to the mother is the compemsatory part of your dream. You don't need to listen to the mother within. Your ego and consciousness are all you need with this situation. Try to figure out what the situation is in real life. Maybe because you see yourself it is about reflecting, your inner reflection. This would tie in nicely to the 'transformation' theme. Glad it clicked for you. Stephen G.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Sydney Australia

Hi Deedee
i have read about people who have struggled with comples technical problems in their waking life and dreamed of the answer - your dream seems to be in a similar vein.
Your mother almost seems to be an arbitor; it is also interesting the way you were councelled - you were receptive to it,,,, is there a clue there about how you might be able to tap into / listen to your inner voices more regularly?
best wishes, JC

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Brisbane / Australia

Think you're on to something, Jason. It's interesting that when waking from this dream, the first thought I had was, "The answers are within". I believe I've known this to be the truth all along, but how it all played out in dream was rather fascinating.

I have been struggling with some, as you say, complex technical isssues...on the workfront - dealing with some aspects of my job that have challenged my intellect as well as tested my patience. The dream counsel I received not only gave me a solution to the issue, but also dealt with the manner in which I was approaching the situation.

So, tapping into that inner wisdom in waking life is definitely a goal...trust/confidence in my intuition might be somewhat of a roadblock, but I'm quite pleased with the dream answers I received...and when implemented in the presenting real life situation, proved more than effective.

Thanks Jason...

Deedee

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Northwest US

Re: Re: Counseling Myself

Thanks for the feedback Deedee, it is great to see the multi-layered benefits this dream has had for you.
I feel it is a major release understand this and be grateful for the dream - to be grateful to it's source was it were
Thanks gain for sharing your experiences
JC

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Brisbane / Australia

Thank you, too...Justin. So sorry to have referred to you as 'Jason'- twice, no less! I've been working long hours at the office on a project with my co-worker,'Jason'. Sorry about that!

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Northwest US

stats from 7-14-10 to the present