Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
drowning

in my dream me and my family were at the beach. it was realy hot so me and my husband ran for the water. when we got there instead of swimming i just slid under the water. my husband just went and got his fishing pole and started fishing. then it was like i went outside of my body and rescued myself, but when i started doing cpr i looked and it was my daughter.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 26

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

Re: drowning

Hi Cassandra,
Firstly, don't worry too much about the people in your dream, they do not reflect the real person. It's natural to wake up and feel upset with what you have just experienced.

When two people share a role in a dream ie, yourself and your daughter it could be an amalgamation of beliefs, or just reinforcing a message. A way to discover what they might be is to write down three words to describe your daughter's personality. Then see if any of these overlap your personality.

If I took a guess at what your daughter represented it may be a symbol of a period of your relationship with your husband. Think about what age your daughter is and think about what happened in your real life about that time. So if she is 15 years old, what happened to you 15 years, months, days ago etc.

The thing that stands out in your dream to me, is that your dream husband (not to be confused with your real husband)didn't come to your aid. You had to save yourself. Normally a husband would not do that. I know if my wife disappeared in the water, I would be in there like a shot trying to find her. Your dream husband could be your masculine aspect, your left brain function, intellect, rational thinking, assertiveness, doing rather than being, competition and looking at the world from a mechanical point of view. It might help to write down 3 words to describe your husbands personality to see which masculine aspect it symbolises. Ask yourself, was there a situation in your real life recently (within the last 3-5 days), where you had to use a feminine aspect, because your masculine aspect didn't come to your aid eg, you used a passive response, rather than an assertive response. Dreams generally leave a little clue in them to give you a hint about what the real life situation is. Sorry to give you more questions, but you are the only person with the true answers. For this interpretation to be right it has to click. Give you an 'Ah ha' sensation. If you don't then it is not right. The dream is trying to inform you something about yourself that you are not consciously aware of. Cheers, Stephen G.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 46

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Sydney Australia

Re: drowning

cassandra,
This dream may be trying to communicate something about yourself, some unconscious conflict that may cause emotional conflict, perhaps having to do with your husband or/and some masculine aspect. {}the husband in a woman's dream often symbolizes the actual waking relationship between the female dreamer and the male husband. Both it also can symbolize the female dreamer's masculine aspect. Or it can do both. Which fits this dream is the puzzle that only the dreamer can know for certain.}

You can become very emotional about this aspect of your life. You are searching for the truth, yet you are afraid of it also {the truth}. You have be experiencing hurt feelings/emotions. It may be due to neglect to some part of your life, perhaps some physical aspect. You look to your own resources to help overcome this conflict and there may be some degree of guilt because of it.

One possibility that come to my mind is there is conflict some part of the relationship with your husband. You are probabably ready to confront this conflict because of the emotional stress. There may be feelings of neglect involved in this conflict. You look to your own self resources, perhaps inner strenght, or some perhaps physical thing to help you through these stressful times. And there may be guilt involved due to this need for self assurance. Freud may be a factor here {poles are often Freudian for the male phallus}.

Another possibility is there is conflict between your inner masculine and feminine aspects. There may be forces in your waking life that cause you to use the masculine qualities {aggressiveness, being forceful, demanding, unforgiving} when you rather be your self {natural the feminine qualities}. Often in our competitive, stressful lives, and world, women have to engage in behavior that is counter to their feminine grounding {less competitive, sensitive, feeling for the other, compassion}. When you look to your feminine self you are confronted with having to give all your energies to trying to save those innoncent aspects of your femininity. This can cause psychological conflicts, inner turmoil that resides in the unconscious, and can affect how you live your life. You may need to acknowledge these conflicts and resolve them. That may mean not giving in to the masculine {as described above} and being your true self {which is centered in the feminine qualities}.

Look at both possibilities and let me know which, if either fit your life. Your response and follow-up may shine new light on the possibilities.
Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Murfreesboro, Tn

Re: Re: drowning

Sorry it took me so long to reply, I think it is probably the first answer, for reasons being that my husband and I do not have a whole lot of time together at this point. Maybe I am afraid of growing apart, and I just don't have time to think about it during the day. I have allot of strange dreams so I am sure I will write back. Thank you

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 26

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

Re: Re: Re: drowning

Cassandra,
Thanks so much for the follow up. If you have questions about the interpretation or if you have other dreams, please post them and we will try to be of help in finding answers.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Murfreesboro, Tn

stats from 7-14-10 to the present