Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Twice the black cat fell off a cliff and twice I saved it!

I usually have weird dreams, but I like them. However, this dream I had is bothering me, because of this redundant act of saving the same kitten. It is a fact that I dream about saving animals quite often, but I had never to save the same animal twice! I don't even know if it was mine in the dream. I don't have a cat in waking life. Don't dislike them though.
The lack kitten fell off a "hidden" cliff and I jumped into a river to save it. I had just got to the top when the STUPID CAT fell off again. It seemed harder to jump this time, but I did, The water was freezing and I was glad when I felt its body still warm. I brought the kitten with me and it was fine. Suddenly it was no longer a cat, but my little sister and I started telling my mom how wonderful it was that she hadnt broken anything. What makes me not to connect the cat to my sister so easily is the redundancy. Please...some light. Somebody? Thanks and good luck to you all.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 27 Lisbon PT

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Twice the black cat fell off a cliff and twice I saved it!

Hi Lia,
Try the 3 word process. What three words would you use to describe your sister's personality. And then figure out what you associate with kittens. It seems like they share some commonalities that are found in you.

You sounded frustrated/annoyed in the dream. Did you experience some frustrating/annoying experience within the past 5 days? Did it have something to do with one of the 3 words for your sister. Did you do act like your sister?

Why didn't your dream mother thank you for saving the life of your dream sister (twice). It was sort of "Oh well la de da de da". That wouldn't make me feel very good. Why didn't your dream ego say anything to your dream mother? How do you express what you feel in the real world? The answers have to click. What is the dream telling you that you don't already know. Cheers, Stephen G.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 46

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Sydney Australia

Lia,
Black is a common symbol for unconscious contents and cats usually represents the feminine aspect. A kitten may symbolize some undeveloped or unused feminine aspect that you are not consciously aware of. Cats can also represent emotions. Cliffs are something you can precariously fall off of and hidden is again referring to the unconscious. Rivers are symbols for emotions. The STUPID CAT may be a reference to how you feel about yourself, concerning your emotions or feeklings about something in your life. You may be in a need to save this undeveloped or unrecognized aspect. The kitten turning into your little sister suggest these aspects/emotions are developing.

I think the key to the dream is the STUPID CAT. Are there any instances, decisions or actions that you have to repeatly confront that make you feel as if they were stupid? The CAT would be you and the STUPID part may be decisons or actions on your part. Perhaps you are thinking too much about this thing and not letting your instincts guide you. You are not 'broken' over these aspects/emotions but they may be building up and could do so if not acknowledged.

Let me know if this strikes a cord and we can investigate the possibilities further.
Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Murfreesboro, Tn

Hi Lia,
Here's another perspective of the kitten.

Jung talks about the Incest Taboo in his book Symbols of Transformation. It's really got nothing to do with having sex with your parents, but the unconscious overriding function to be taken notice of. As the river is the unconscious, is the kitten showing you the way, but your dream ego keeps on pulling him/her out? In the real world that makes sense but in the dream world anything can happen. Maybe this is why your dream mother doesn't pay any particular attention to your actions. Remember the cold water and the reference to death. You fear it. I've got to get out with the kitten. It's an ego issue. How else is the unconscious going to get you to test the water. Obviously, throw a kitten into the water, which gets your nurturing instinct to jump in after it. Even though you don't like it, at least your ego is testing the water. It's a little like baby steps. Cheers, Stephen G.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 46

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Sydney Australia

Lia has contacted me with a response. Because it contains personal information she does not wish to place in the public domain, all info will be held in strict confidence.
Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Murfreesboro, Tn

stats from 7-14-10 to the present