Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Anger in Supermarket Queues

Hi everyone,
I had this dream last night and I have interpreted it. But in terms of the Great Round, it is not much good to society if I don't share it, and I do this because I think getting angry in long supermarket queues is something we all have expereinced.

Dream.
I am in a car with my dream wife, she is driving, I am navigating. A motorcycle overtakes us and I get an uneasy judgemental feeling. We are heading to a car park and it is one where you have to pay first. There is a male parking attendant collecting the money. The motorcyclist is at the head of the queue and there are quite a few cars between us. I see the parking attendant being rude and judgemental to the motorcyclist and he drives off. The parking attendant works his way throught the cars in front of us and he is being rude and judgemental to all of them. He is getting closer and I fear my dream wife is going to get an earful and the axiety increases. I wait for it to happen - he reaches the window and says "That will be 5 cents thank you". My dream wife and parking attendant exchange the money for a ticket and he moves on. I am amzed and from then on he is nice to everyone else in the queue. END.

Outer World.
I had parked the car at a Woolworths supermarket yesterday and got some food items. While waiting in a long express queue (a contradiction in terms) to pay for the items, one of the checkout guys left his register to put a closed sign at another checkout 40 feet away. I got very angry at him. How could he do this while there is a queue a mile long? Why is he not serving us? He very slowly walked back to his register and started serving people again (very judgemental and frustrated now). By now my frustration had turned to anger. All of a sudden I had a thought, a different perception. I don't know what the facts are. He may have been required to do what his supervisor may have told him to do. There may be some Woolworths rule that he has to abide by. My anger disappeared and all was right with the world.

Inner World.
My ego's fear and anxiety of the shadow.

Interpretation.
What is the dream telling me that I didn't know about myself? My ego was not able to deal with being told to wait (time). I (my ego) think I am more important than that. The ego retaliates by instigating an ego defence mechanism - projection. The parking attendant and I are the same thing. I start projecting anger onto the checkout guy, but then my intuitive function (my shadow) kicks in (I am normally sensation type) and we all live happily ever after. I get a different perspective. The 5 cent entry fee denotes, only a small change is required.

I think there is something in there for all of us.
Cheers, Stephen G.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 46

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Sydney Australia

Re: Anger in Supermarket Queues

I am in a car with my dream wife, she is driving (in control), I am navigating..... I like this as it is a nice analogy for the anima driving life while the ego navigates (thinks).
A motorcycle overtakes us and I get an uneasy judgemental feeling... this reminds me of the small childish part of my ego self ,,, wanting to scoot ahead.
The parking attendant reminds me of authority figures, and how we can be wrong about our own judgements, and that the price to pay may be only a token ,,,
Thanks for including your interpretation
JC

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Brisbane / Australia

Thanks Justin,
I have often wondered when reading through all the dream postings as to whether each interpretation is what the interpreter has to learn about themselves. Are dreams that universal that there can be many meanings for many people? I suppose that is why Jungian Analysts have to go through analysis themselves so that they can see through the 'maya' (illusion). The reason I raised this is because I know my interpretation worked very well for me, but yours had elements that didn't click. Maybe your interpretation is about you. What do you think? I'm just guessing here. I have no knowledge to confirm this hypothesis. It would be interesting to see if other contributors have a different interpretation of this dream and see whether it relates to themselves. Cheers, Stephen G.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Sydney Australia

Re: Re: Anger in Supermarket Queues

Hi Stephen
I think you are right; dreams as messages from our 'basic instinct' (true self) are personal messages. Another person can look at the dream from their perspective - and yet both can be true ,,,, for the observer.
I find that when another person considers my dreams I gain another perspective - that may not click for me yet may lead me to consider other aspects of the dream (myself) that I don't see ,,,,, and then in the end it must ring true to me.
JC

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Brisbane / Australia

Great dream, Stephen! Of course the aspect of your dream and waking experience that sparked my interest was the recognition of the feminine/masculine blending benefit (you allowed yourself to view an otherwise irritating situation from a different/more accepting perspective...thus the "all is right with the world" result.

I definitely believe that by involving ourselves in the interpretation of the dreams of others, we may discover messages that are meant for the dreamer as well as the interpreter. There are times when reading the dream postings that I get a sense I'm looking in a mirror at my own reflection. I suspect we're all more connected than we often dare to realize.

Deedee

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 47

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Northwest US

stats from 7-14-10 to the present