Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
water

Im in a swimming pool, the swimming pool is in my school gym.There is a line of people as if all waiting for a swimming race in the pool. Im at the end next to a girl called tanya i work with and on my other side there is Jim anorther lad i work wiv he has his work uniform on. No one is wearing swimming costumes. Suddenly some one trys to get between me and tanya so we grab Neil(someone else from work) to stand with us, he is wearing a big black addidas coat. We are all laughting and jokin. Then just befor the race begins i take my necklace of and put it in my hand. The swimming race begins and every one is ahead of me and im swimming with one hand fisted. I feel embarresed and stupied. I feel like i can not swim. I get out the pool and run off. Only to find i am nakid! I have a little towel around my bottom half but i am using my arms to cover my brests. Im running down stairs and across corridors. I see two of my teachers from school.The first one does not see me but the second one tell me 2 stop i tell him to fck off and carry on running i then sit at a table. I am now fully clotherd. A friend comes out of a room behind me called Cally. (We have never really got on but we are friends to keep the peace really). We talk and she tells me she is being told off and has to sit up here all i day i tell her im not doing swimming again, i dont care wot they say. Then it ends.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 16/ leicestershire

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Re: water

Ema,
So sorry that no one has interpreted your dream. I will provide an interpretation before the weekend is up.

Thanks,
Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Murfreesboro, Tn

Re: Re: water

Hi, its ok! My dream seems so weird compaired to alot of other peoples ..... thanx alot
ema

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Re: Re: Re: water

Hi Ema,
So you are from Licestershire, England. Indeed we at MDS have a worldwide audience. I hope we can provide insights to the needs of your world, at least your dreamworld.

Dreams of swimming are often symbolic of a need or desire to explore aspects of your unconscious mind and the emotions. Since there is a race {or the intentions of a race} in your dream it may suggest there is competition of some type that your dream is addressing. This is usual stuff for a 16 year old.

The context of your dream seems to be addressing the peer pressures you are experiencing in your everyday waking life. In adolescence there is a lot of peer groups that we either associate with or oppose {belong to or do not}. We all have groups we identify with, and groups that we do not fit with.

Apparently your dream is addressing some aspect that you feel uncomfortable with. The necklace may symbolize a need to communicate soemthing about yourself, or some aspect about yourself. Placing it in your hand during the race {the race is the competition in life} may indicate a need to show by your abilities that you do fit in or can achieve what needs to be done {in the way of peer pressures}.

In the race {since it is a swimming competition it is in your mind, and not a real swimming event} you feel you are behind everyone else. This probably reflects feelings you possess in your waking life. Being naked is feeling exposed so the whole world can see. You may feel as if you are not as qualified as some of your friends and are afraid that you will expose this. In other words you are afraid of being left behind, not being accepted.

Covering the bottom half of your body with a small towel may indicate feelings of covering up with material things {materials things are substitutes for our inner needs}. Covering your breasts with your arms may indicate feelings about the size of yuour breasts. Is this a concern? If your breasts are smaller than other girls then this may be the focus of this symbol. If they are larger than other girls then you may feel you may need to cover this up so not to embarrass them {and put you outside your group}.
There could also be a sexual areference to the covering of the body . At 16 you may be willing to go to second base {the breasts} but not third base {sex, the lower part of the body}.

The dream probably is communicating your flustrations with the expectations placed on you to be a part of a group or groups. We all have feelings of inadequacy, that is normal. You look to friends with similiar interests to help fill the need to belong. You are wary of the need to compete. There may be instances of rejection or preceived rejection by other people your age and trying to fit in can be emotionally draining.

This dream is most likely focusing on the peer pressures you are facing in your life. Your emotions can run high in these times, the competitn alone can raise your blood pressure. Perhaps the dream is telling you not to be a part of the circus that goes with these peer pressures and instead just be yourself. Being naked is symbolic of being your true self so the world can see you have nothing to hide. In the dream, at the end, you state you do not wish to be a part of the swimming competion. This may indicate a desire to get away from the emotional aspects put on you by the peer pressures.
I suggest you should not be afraid to be naked {figuratively speaking of course} and just be a normal teen not prone to give into peer groups that demands too much of you.

What do you think?
Gerard

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Re: Re: Re: water

Hi Gerard, At this moment i carnt think of any peer pressures. To be honest i have never thought myself to be under any sort of peer pressures befor now thst is. In two monthes im am due to leave my school, as in England you may know the legal age is 16 to leave mail stream education. I am then going to college. I do worry about the fact that i have lost alot of friends over the years threw growing up. Which leads me to worry about having friends and relationships in the furtre. I feel people and friends are doing better then me in life or will do better then me in life. This is a very deep thought though, i would never openly admit this to any one. I laughed when u had put about me covering my breasts, because yes i am very self conscious about being flat chested. (i really didnt know u could find out so much about a person from a dream). I dont really understand the fitting in to a certain group as u say, because i feel i have all ways fitted into the group i am in.

Thank you so much, you have really opened my eyes towards my dream.
Ema
P.s I dont no if i can ask this but i would really like to learn more about dream interperation. I find it very intresting. May be u could give me some help some time ? Books or websites!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: water

Ema,
Thanks so much for your detailed response. It is hard to believe you are only 16. But your interest in dreams is understandable since you apparently possess a high degree of intuitive awareness. That is very valuable, not only in understanding dreams and the unconscious, but also will be valuable in so many other aspects of life that is before you. If you will take time to learn Jungian dream psychology you will aquire a knolwedge that most other people your age will never possess. His philosohpies comprise such a variety of different 'knowledges' about the psyche and human and natural condition, these are things most people never even venture to try to understand.

I can see the loss of friends, and a fear of having to make future friends as the motif in your dream. The narrative about someone getting in between you and Tanya, the presence of Neil who stands with the two of you, is very much in line with your waking experiences. This is a way is peer pressure, making friends, keeping friends, being a part of the whoel community and fitting in. It is reflecting your inner fears. That is what dreams do, reflect your true condition, going beyond the limitations your ego places on you understanding life around you. The dream mind does not have a bias like your ego self possesses, thus it looks at things in a clear lite {as in a 3rd person seeing you and telling you hwat they see and you may not see in yourself}.

It is encouraging that you already understand that you possess this fear, thus helping you to understand the relationship that dreams are metpahorical, symbolic of your real life experiences.

Your statement that you feel people and friends are doing better than you in life is symbolized in the swimming competion. Your waking fears, of everyone doing better than you, are covered by your dream statement, 'The swimming race begins and every one is ahead of me'. And the breast part came across clearly as a self conscious issue. The only thing I could not determine was whether you felt they were inadequate {the most usual fear} or too large. By covering them up you are hiding how you feel about an aspect of yourself {your breasts}.

As for fitting in with a certain group, that can be explained by your fear of not having or making friends when you go to college. You may unconsciously feel that your perceived inadequacies may keep you from having these friends. This is peer pressure, feelings you do not measure up in some way to others.
Dreams reveal what the conscious mind may not realize, or want to realize.

Since you are interested in learning more about how dreams function {the psychology of dreams}, I will be more than happy to help you learn more. I will do so via private e-mail sometime later this week. In the meantime start here and read the linking pages. There is so much to learn but your aspiring mind will undoubtly be so fasinated with the world of dreams and the psyche, I know you will stay with it and learn so much. It will make you a moe knowledgeble person, an enlighten person.

Gerard

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: water

I guess I could give you the link to start your education in dream psychology. Sorry bout that.

A Dummies Guide to Dreams

Gerard

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: water

Hi Gerard,Thank you so much, u have truly helped me! I will check that link out straight away!
Many thanks
Ema

stats from 7-14-10 to the present