Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
devils

I had a weird dream which was very freaky. There was a devil with black horns who wouldnt let me go,a lot of people i knew were around me but i couldnt speak to them I was really frustrated, but then another devil came along with red horns, his brother and they started arguing and a big fight broke out in this town place we were in. I symphasized with the black horned devil who got beaten up. The red horned devil trapped him then sawed off his horns and for some reason I was quite destraught.It was scarry..

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 18 uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Re: devils

Sophie,
Your dream is most likely trying to communicate some inner conflict that you need to resolve. By resolving this conflict you will probably enter a new phase of personal growth.

The conflict that you are experiencing may have to do with some aggressive behavior on your part or by someone who is close to you. You may not be able for one reason or another to communicate your true feelings about this aggressive behavior. Part of you feels trap, perhaps by built up anger. This anger prevents you from moving on to better things and prevents the personal growth I spoke of.

Look at your emotions and determine what aggressive behavior there might be that fits the interpretation. Let me know your conclusions and perhaps we can better understand the dream message.
Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Murfreesboro, Tn

Re: Re: devils

this does sound familiar! im going through a bad time and a lot of things are changing. But I would really like to know what overiding conflict lies behind the dream because Ive tried to think about causes but I cant pin point one explanation. may be Ill dream some more!
Thx for your help

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Re: Re: Re: devils

Sophie,
At 18 you are at the threshold of a new phase in your life. That holds many responsibilities that can cause stress and flustrations. Trying to determine exactly what may be the central theme to your dream, the conflicting devils may take other dreams to discern.

The one thing that is constant in your dream is the devils are male, masculine. This would indicate the conflict you are experiencing is of a masculine aspect {see Anima/Animus under Definitions}. The red devil {devil symbolizing some negative aspect in your life} has the upper hand.

Possible meanings of red in the Dream Dictionary

Red - may represent sexuality, passion, anger, danger. As the color of blood, red is a symbol of life, but also may be death (an end to something in your life).

From Soul Future's Dictionary

Survival, or issues concerning your foundation in life

Blood, life force

Passion, sexual energy

Anger, aggression

Embarrassment, being red-faced

Being in debt, in the red

The definition of devil from Dream Dictionary

In Jewis-Christian-Islamic traditions Satan was represented by a horned fertility god, a personification of the fertizing power of nature. In psychological terms, a fertilizing agent is something within the psyche that can inaugurate a new phase in the individual's development. It also may represent the repressed contents in the unconscious that can lead one to a fuller and balanced life.

Dreaming about devils and demons is usually very frightening and you may awake from fear. The devil does not generally represent something outside of yourself. It usually symbolizes the most negative and least developed part of you. It may be that part of you that is ignorant and destructive. You can determine the meaning and message in your dream by looking at all of the details carefully. All dreams are good dreams in that they bring unconscious materials to the conscious mind. Only then can you begin to effectively cope with the more unpleasant sides of your personality. Carl Jung called this negative side the "shadow." The devils in your dreams could be representations of your personal shadow or they could be a glance at the collective shadow {see Shadow under Definitions}.

The definition of horns:
May symbolize fertility - the power of growth within your psyche. Horned animals may represent evil, which in psychological terms would mean destructive/threatening forces in the unconscious (repressed emotions).

Put some thought to the above possibilities and see where they might fit in your life. Post the next dream that may have relevance to this dream and perhaps it will help you pin point what exactly it is that is in conflicy.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Murfreesboro, Tn

Re: Re: Re: Re: devils

hi! thx for the info its been of great help!

I have had two more dreams since the last time I wrote this one, I was wondering if you would be able to interpret them?

Ok the first one I was at college with my friends, then we decided to go shopping at break. So we went to a charity shop and had a look around, we then ended up in a photo booth and had our photos taken. We were going to be late back to college so we decided to go back but it started to rain so we ran.. it was a weird dream...

The second dream was where I was at a party with my friends then we decided to go to a different pub but as we were leaving a male friend of mine gave me a silver heart necklace and it was really sweet but I felt bad about getting it..

I was wondering if either of these dreams would shed any light on my previous one?
thx alot for your time and help

from Sophie

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: devils

Sophie,
What comes to mind about your devil dream and these two dreams is possible conflicts in your life having to do with how you feel about yourself. College is where you learn things {higher learning about yourself}. The charity shop may be in reference to your inner feelings. The photos being taken are of how you really feel about yourself {phostos reveal your true self and not how you perceive yourself}. Rain often symbolizes unconscious emotions.

The second dream may be about a desire for recognizition also, perhaps by males. In one light {the party} you feel good about yourself but inside {the other pub} you may have reservations.

How do you feel about yourself, the way you look, act, how others accept you? This may be the conflict of the two devils.
Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: devils

Thx for you help!
your interpretation has led me to think about important aspects of my life,
thx!

stats from 7-14-10 to the present