Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Important Dream

Hello,

Thank you for this website first of all.

My dream came after several months of nearly obessesing about what I want to do with my life, due to my lack of understanding I cannot sufficiently interpret what it is trying to tell me. Your help would be greatly appreciated

I am standing on the edge of a brown mountain overlooking the ocean in awe of the sight before me, I begin moving to my left and I board an airplane. There are several passengers and the woman next to me on my right is pregnant and wearing a blue dress. The pilot is very seasoned. We start off flying fine and something happens and the pilot loses control. We begin to nose dive toward the ocean. I decide that I am not going to follow the instructions of putting my head on my knees. It didn't make sense, I felt the situation was hopeless and we were going to die anyway. So I sat straight up and and got ready for anything. To overcome the fear I thought about the heaven that I'd be going to. I could see inside the cockpit and I watched as the water came rushing towards us. The pilot had suddenly managed to pull up somewhat, but it was only enough to soften the impact. We hit the water and all I could see was white and then I lost consciousness. I regained consciousness, opened my eyes and the pregnant lady next to me was already swimming up and out of the airplane. We all swam to the surface and swam to a nearby island.

On the island there is a green house. I walk in and sit on a rocking chair. Opposite is Mahatma Ghandi. We were friends. He spoke a little to me and we just had a normal conversation. There was a man walking around naked who said nothing. Mahatma and I got up and walked outside and sat in the porch. Outside there was a courtyard, where people were gathering to hear him speak. The silent man who was naked came up to me, stood infront of me and all I could notice is that his penis was unusually large and there was a mole on it. I thought how vastly different cultures are, since he was walking around naked comfortably in front of everyone and no one cared. He walked away again. Mahatma and I decided to share our favorite meal of Indian Bread with tamrind sauce. I broke the bread for us to share it. After that he pulled me aside. I felt honored to be receiving his attention. The crowd was getting larger and it was almost time for him to go talk to them. We talked a little. But during the conversation I was agitated because I wanted to ask him something but didn't want to drop my troubles on a man already burdened with so much. So I began swinging and playing with the balcony I was holding on to. Mahatma was on the other side of the balcony facing me, doing my exact actions. It made me smile inside. Finally I gave in and I told him, that I didn't know what to do with my life. He stopped and said, "Ask yourself...Self what do I want?" I closed my eyes and asked the question. In my vision I could see a notepad, with cartoon figures. One figure was a man sitting at a table with a cigar. The waitress was leaning over with a huge plate of rice, asking if there was anything else that she could get for him. Confused by the image I opened my eyes and asked him, should I ask the question now? He said yes, do it now. I asked myself the question again and the same image came up, with writing at the bottom that regretfully I cannot remember.

I snap out of the dream (I am still dreaming) and I am standing in the kitchen with my wife, in tears. She asks me what is wrong. I tell her that I was just remembering my friend Mahatma.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 26 Orlando FL

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Important Dream

Hi, Scotty

Anytime water imagery is present, it usually indicates a rebirth or perhaps a symbolic baptism. Your descent into the water may be your subconscious calling out for a renewal of the mind. The fact that you proceeded to an island after resurfacing from under the water seems may indicate that either your current thinking or location are not somewhere that promotes your spiritual growth. The naked man who is able to show himself (even with a mole) in front of everyone may indicate you are not allowing your true self to shine through, but you wish you could.

Ghandi may represent your own sense of inner peace that you seek to find. The island may be the island of you, your secret self that is isolated and surrounded by water. You can only get to the island by going through water (rebirth and renewal). Perhaps you once found a sense of inner peace (Ghandi) and then lost it? This would explain why you are crying when you remember him.

As far as the pregnant women on the plane, I can only speculate. But, it seems this may be part of your "feminine" side that you have neglected. (It seems important that she swam out and emerged from the water first and you followed her.) If you can devote more care and attention to your "feminine" side, perhaps it will "give birth" to new life for you.

interesting dream. hope this helps!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 27, Austin

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Important Dream

Scotty,
This is a very interesting dream. Having Mahatma Ghandi as a character within a dream is telling much about yourself, and your desired distination.

The crux of the dream seems to be the decisions to be made that will affect your future life. It reflects your waking state of mind, what to do with your life. Since dreams speak in metaphor and symbols, it is not an easy task in understanding all that is within a dream. But I believe your dream offers a solution to your soul's desire. It does not offer a direct solution of how to get there.

The pregnant woman, outside the possibilities she may represent in your waking life {is there a pregnant woman somewhere in your waking life, even if she is not a fixture in your life?} makes me believe what you seek is what all souls seek; an outlet for the creative/spiritual self. This is the metaphysical aspect. Ghandi also represents the metaphysical aspect. Both require one to cast off the temporal material offerings of the world and set your sights on the simple life. The feminine aspect {Jesus lived from the feminine} is the creative, spiritual, born again/annililated ago self. The material world of possessions and conflict are opposite of the soul's desire {as represented by the feminine/Ghandi symbols}. Deep down this is what you seek. Getting to that place is another thing.

What Ghandi does in your dream is what Buddhism is all about. Living a human life that reflects your deepest desire {this is Campbell's 'follow your blis'}. He imitates your every move because Ghandi is you, but as your true self. But as is the way of
Buddhism, Ghandi doesn't offer you direct answers to
your problems, he {and Buddhism} asks you to ask yourself the possibilities to the answers. They lie within you.

There does seem to be an offering of an answer. The cartoon figures, what do they represent to you in your waking life? The man sitting at a table with a cigar, what does that represent to you. The plate of rice being offered up by your sub-ordinate feminine self {she should be the boss, not the waitress} also is telling. Rice often symbolizes abundance, prosperity, fertility, the basic sustenance or nourishment, dietary or otherwise. And it is being offered by your feminine self {metaphysical, spiritual, creative}. And no matter how many times you may question this approach to your difficulties in life {your inner life}, the answer is always the same.

The whole dream seems to be re-inforcing the theme of the call of the hero, as in the myths. You probably have a soul that is disenchanted by the material world and you seek alternatives to that world. That is the whole of the hero journey, discovering and then utilizing the inner self as the guide to your whole life. But in today's world it is so very difficult to do. Making a living is something that requires so much effort that letting that inner self express itself is most difficult. This, in today's world, represents the ferocious dragons that must be slain in your quest for inner value.

“Furthermore, we have not even to risk the adventure alone, for the heroes of all time have gone before us. The labyrinth is thoroughly known. We have only to follow the thread of the hero path, and where we had thought to find an abomination, we shall find a god. And where we had thought to slay another, we shall slay ourselves. Where we had thought to travel outward, we will come to the center of our own existence. And where we had thought to be alone, we will be with all the world.” ....Joseph Campbell

Having a wife and responsibilities makes it that much more difficult. How do you find that true identity, the metaphysical self of expression, in a life that demands so much from the social dragon? The answer may be within your dream. Do as Ghandi does when he imitates your actions. Simply live life the best you can, but with the focus on the inner life, the feminine aspect {as opposed to the masculine dictates of social duty}. Take time to discover what it is that makes life worth it all. Look to your creative self. And when you discover exactly what that is, work toward those goals that will help you achieve your 'bliss'. It will take time {Campbell told the student who asked how one can become a writer, 'do you have ten years to put to it?'}. By assessing what it is you want, you have begun the process. Don't expect it to come overnight, that is the temporal world's approach. Live your life in a way that Ghandi would live it if he were in your place. No, not b y casting off thye material world but by seeking to control the material world and minimizing its influence on you. Go to work so yuou can make a living but work toward those goals where the work that you do is what the soul desires and not what society requires. I believe this is the theme of your dream, and your life. As you stated in your openning sentence, my dream came after several months of nearly obessesing about what I want to do with my life. The process has begun. Take the lead and fulfill that deep heart seeded desire of doing what the soul desires. Does that make sense to you?
Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Re: Important Dream

Gerard,

Its hard. Very hard. It seems as though the more I search inwardly the lonlier I get. My peers aren't concerned with the feminine self, or dreams. They're concerned with drinking and making money.
The man in my dream is the man I was taught all men should be. His life is a dead end though, and he would never experience the peace and vitality and of a man like Ghandi.
With time and persistence I will figure things out, hopefully I can gather the courage to continue my search. Thanks for you help it is appreciated.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 26 Orlando FL

Re: Re: Re: Important Dream

Scotty,
My personal experiences of loneliness and of feeling a void were from childhood experiences. Those experiences alone didnt make me do things in my adult life but that prompted me to do certain things. But they were the stimulus that led to to it. If I had received the proper love and attention from my father when I was a child I am confident I would have done many things different in my adult life.

I mention this so to help you understand the influences of childhood experiences and how they can lead to the 'void' in adult life. Search your whole life, especially childhood, and determine what might be there that contributes to your feelings toady. You may be surprised to learn something about yourself you were not aware of. This is what Jung called the Shadow. It is a aprt of the 'Individuation Process', a self examination of your own life and experiences. You self analyze yourself. It was Jung's 'Individuation Process' that brought me out of the depths of the void and gave me new life {a true death and resurrection}.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

stats from 7-14-10 to the present