Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dog in my Dream

I’m walking along, on a sunny day on a street in my neighborhood. I am strolling down this street with my own dogs. I spot to my left, sniffing around in a yard, what I initially perceive to be a puppy. I call out to it, asking it to “come here” in a very nice way. When it looks up at me, however, I realize it is not a puppy at all, but a full-size dog and a mean one at that. I don’t remember it growling or being overly aggressive, but when it looked at me I was afraid. Someone who is with me tells me not to worry, that it is a mean dog, but it doesn’t bite hard. I think it is a male who told me this, but I’m not sure. I turn away from the dog and begin to walk away, hoping the dog will forget about me and go on with its business. It did not. It follows me and then comes up to me and bites my right hand somewhat slowly. Its teeth do not pierce my skin and the feeling is painful, but not too bad and it does not linger--it slowly fades. No physical scar is left. My friends know where the dog lives as well as his owner, so we go to tell them what happened. I don’t remember being too terribly upset about it biting me

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 27, Austin

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Dog in my Dream

Charlie,
Oh my God you are a girl! And I am thinking you are a guy. What an ass I am when I assume {ass u me} one is the other.

And with that I start my interpretation, of your dog.
Look at the dog as being a part of you, an aspect of your personality, or the deeper aspect. Are you sometimes aggresive, or want to be aggressive but your bark is always more more than your bite? Are you afraid of being overly aggressive in some aspects of your life? Does your 'business', your work in life require an aggressive approach, something that is not within you, not a part of your true fabric? You know about this dog, where it lives, its owner. It is you.

As for the name Charlie. What a great name for a female. My question is 'are you an angel'?
Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Re: Dog in my Dream

ok, thanks Gerard. I'm still wondering about the whole right hand thing, though. hmm.

And yes, sometimes I am an angel. :)

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Re: Re: Dog in my Dream

Charlie,
Right and left can have many symbolic meanings. But when you look to mythology left is the path we take as an adventure, the true path that life intends that we take. Right would suggest we are living in the world of social duty, giving in to what society requires, which is not what the soul desires.

As far as the dog biting your right hand {hand often symbolizes ability}, it may suggest you are giving in to the masculine aspects of your psyche. But since there is no piercing of the skin {this may symbolize you do not realize it} the pain is not recognized. Consciously you live life from the ego, unconsciously you are aware of this not being who you really are.
Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Re: Re: Re: Dog in my Dream

Cool. Thanks, Gerard

stats from 7-14-10 to the present