Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
father in dream

First off my father has been dead for 5 years...

My dream was at night and my pet dog was in a window looking outside at me. her head started to glow green and slowly changed to my father's face. Several other times his face appeared in a green glow either just appearing or changing from something else into him. Also right before I woke up I dreamed that someone handed me a medical tray with metal pieces on it like the metal bar in my dad's knee, the anchors from his teeth etc. that did not melt when he was creamated. My father was trying to talk to me but I couldn't hear him or I can't remember what he said. My mother was also in this dream and she saw all this too (in my dream that is)...

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36 texas usa

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Re: father in dream

Hello alaina,
This is some dream - the dream (your sunconscious) may be asking you to look at some older, deeper aspects of yourself - some clues may come by reviewing aspects of your real father, although the point of the dream is more likely to bring to the surface something deeper within you or about yourself that you may have overlooked or not be aware of. These may be primative / creative in nature.
What do you think ? Ask and reflect
JC

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 46

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Brisbane / Australia

Re: Re: father in dream

Thank you for your input. That's just it lol I'm not quite sure what it was trying to tell/show me. Now my mom is still alive (just a short note) and she had no idea's either other than maybe my father was trying to tell me something. I wish I could have heard/remembered what he was saying to me. I know it wasn't a scary dream but it left me bewildered all the next day after I woke up. I have been dealing with issues of myself ie: can't please everyone all the time etc. maybe it has to do w/that. I was just wondering if him (dad) appearing meant anything particular...anyone else have any suggestions? or help? TY.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Re: Re: Re: father in dream

As you probably know, from the Jungian perspective people in our dreams can represent those actual people, or more commonly represent parts of us/you - asking to come to attention.
So the father in the dream may be your real father but more likely (from Jungian view) it represents part of you (your animus ,,, see the website for explanation). As a woman, this is your masculine side - your unconscious masculine qualities ,,, asking to come to your waking attention.
The dog may represent the 'primative' more basal aspects - those in tune with nature ,,, "mans best friend" ,,, and often a great example of taming of wild nature for human comfort.
The colour green is also significant - fertility, Nauture, growth - hence my reference to creativity, perhaps this is signifying personal growth that comes out of recognition of your masculine qualities.
It is not really possible for someone else to tell the dreamer the meaning of their dream - the message will evolve with reflection and effort by the dreamer.
JC

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 46

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Brisbane / Australia

Re: Re: Re: Re: father in dream

thank you that did help tho. I haven't dreamt of my father/dog etc. again since then...hmmmm I am going through a personal growth at the moment...trying to make personal changes and learning more about myself so maybe that is part of it....anyways thank you for your input.

stats from 7-14-10 to the present