Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
One dream - Two interpretations

Hi All,
The 1st interpretation, spiritual, was quick as I’m comfortable in seeing the spiritual meaning in my dreams. The 2nd interpretation was much more difficult. See anything I missed or comments?

Notes:
1. Thoughts during pre sleep focused on fully developing intuition, ‘happy’ thoughts for family, friends and the ‘peace on earth’ type. To fully develop intuition was a goal I sought before, several years ago, and found I was completely unprepared for the reality of what this really meant. Idealistically I expected to receive only positive messages I would clearly understand so I could help others. The combination of a particularly negative experience combined with a lack of skills necessary to influence situations and people resulted in both fear and depression.
2. In waking life Dr. Brown is the local veterinarian. His truck is a mobile ‘office’ with the truck bed converted to compartments for supplies, etc for livestock and horses.
3. The woman is a repeat character, early 30's with a soft or innocent feminine persona, over the past few months. In several dreams she was injured or killed rather than me. Usually I am the target and she is hit by mistake. I believe she may represent my inner feminine self because her appearance coincides with the temporary pause in self work to attend to increased duties and responsibilities. Individuation work is very limited; recording few dreams and reading two books.
4. Now running a 5 mi hiking trail every other day and biking 40 miles a week. To facilitate work on competitive drive I set a time/distance goals for mid July.

Dream:
I’m driving downtown with a woman in the passenger seat. I park in a lot. We stand talking next to my car. She’s happy & excited, going to retrieve a gift that is waiting for her. Look to see 3 cars, two parked side by side, empty space, then Dr. Brown’s red & silver pick up truck. A man parks a silver Civic in the empty, third, space gets out and walks away.

I’m tense & apprehensive; I caution her asking if this is what she really wants. She replies yes. I advise her, in a very serious tone, that it may be dangerous and to use caution. She replies I know. She turns, walking toward the vehicles stopping at the last one on the right. I return to my car and sit in the passenger seat, practice ducking under the dash, watching her through the window, ready to duck, preparing for the coming fall out. She turns the handle then opens/lifts the top cover of Dr. Brown’s pick up truck looking inside the truck bed. Not there. Not there. Still smiling, she moves to the next car, the silver Honda. I know this is the one. She opens the trunk & looks inside, as she looks in the trunk there’s a loud explosion & concussion. My car windows are shattered, shards of glass everywhere. I get up, open the door, get out, dazed from the explosion. She is lying on the ground. Walk to her. She's unconscious but alive, blood flowing from a cut on her forehead.

I look across the street to see a group of people watching, a police officer talking on a cell phone. I think he is calling for help. I think to myself I’m right here, involved in the situation, why didn’t I think to call for help? I take out my cell phone, the antenna is broken hanging to the side. I don’t know if it will work. I open the phone and hold it high into the air, yes, there are five bars. I dial 911. Speaking to the dispatcher, say an explosion just occurred, a woman is injured & needs help. She asks my location. I look around, at first unfamiliar with the area. Been a long time since I was here. I look at the building for a company name or address but there isn’t one. I see a street sign, Broad St. then look left & see what I think is Central or Center Ave sign, can't quite make it out, not sure this is correct. Dispatcher says it’s ok, we know where you are and are coming, will be there in seconds.

As she says this, the police officer puts his arm around my shoulders, asks if I’m ok. Say yes. Tells me I will be fine as emergency services pull into the parking lot.

1st interpretation/Spiritual:
In essence this dream tells me my desire to fully develop my intuition (gift) is a request I’ve made before which I experienced but at the time was completely unprepared for. The ‘explosion’ of information resulted in me ‘lying injured on the ground’. In the feminine making this request again I remind myself of the prior full use of intuition.

Also presented is the method of gaining the gift, communication with the Source (cell phone) and the outward projection of thinking the connection to the Source, the antenna, is broken thus preventing me from connecting and utilizing intuition. (holding the phone up into the air, broken antenna, 5 bars) The street signs indicate a need for a broad central base (intersection of Broad & Central) to enable help. The Source is always there and always connected to us (knows where I am) it is my own beliefs, that have prevented or hindered the connection. I closed the connection to the Source.

The policeman and the arrival of emergency services indicate I require a broader center, more knowledge, support of others, and more preparation if I do choose this path.

2nd interpretation/Individuation:
Describes my current life path with the conscious ego in control having paused self work for duties/responsibilities with the feminine in the subordinate. The inner feminine communicates it desires to return to forefront and also to resume self work. This pause has created a conflict, a deficient and imbalance in working toward individuation and in general waking life. The combination of silver and red may point to the importance in self development and the root cause of survival issues. (Still not sure I have this part correct. Somewhat feels right but still feels like I’m missing something here.) The silver Civic could represent the inner feminine and intuition with these being the balance of the equation.

The conscious ego is wary and fearful due to self doubt. The inner feminine wants to show what’s needed and the way. The conscious self try’s to assert authority and instill the self doubt in the inner feminine however the inner feminine is aware the conscious is using fear and self doubt and confirms this is the path to take. The conscious gives way to the inner feminine but tries using avoidance as a self preservation action due to the fear and self doubt. The conscious, in looking beyond itself, does give over to the inner feminine.

The path isn’t stalled due to, and it won’t be regained, through the male aspect which is what the conscious has been utilizing most during this phase. The higher inner feminine, the silver Honda, is the path. But be careful…the feminine emotions contained within the unconscious are potentially volatile and dangerous so must exercise caution.

There is a potential to fragment or scatter the life path which would result in confusion and emotional drain due to both inner and waking conflicts although the self would survive. Also could be warning I could be at a breaking point with self work if I don’t resume soon.

My personal definition of police officer is a person who helps anyone in need. I believe this point is a desire for help in resolving the conflicts. I then question as to why I haven’t communicated with my inner self since that is what will provide the answers. The cell phone and broken antenna probably show I haven’t understood what my inner self has been trying to communicate. Not knowing it will work reconfirms the self doubt and uncertainty of the inner voice, intuition. Instructs to open communication, seek it out (hold up high in the air) and change (5 bars) my attitude, my thoughts, so to trust my intuition, inner self. Unite (911 = 2) the conscious and unconscious so they can work together to help resolve the issues. Since it has been some time since self work was stopped take stock of where you are and what you need. The signs communicate a guidance message of needing a broader center to work through this moment. The whole of the current aspects wants to help achieve this so work can continue and resolve waking conflicts.

Support and help of the many aspects is there, ready to provide the broader center I need to continue to fulfill my duties/responsibilities AND continuation of the quest for individuation.

Thanks,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: One dream - Two interpretations

Kathy,
I can add little to your obvious understanding of
your life's journey. Your deep analyzing of your dreams and your life will subsequently lead to the truth you seek. It is a life long process in many ways but discovery of the inner self is the path to understanding the truths in your personal life, and the universe. The first realization, something you have discovered. is the spiritual aspect that Jung tells us is so important in balancing our individual lives. Center yourself around that aspect {not to be confused with religion} and nature will provide the helping hands {fate} that you require in your journey. You are on the right path, it is merely having to travel it that is the task that remains.
Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Re: One dream - Two interpretations

hi kathy
just wanted to say,despite the difficulties of your past experiences,you seem to be blossoming,and a quote from dances with wolves came to mind,
of all the trails there are in life,there is one that matters most,that is the trail of a true human being,i think you are you are on this path and it is good to see.
regards steve

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 49 england

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

Hi Guys,
Thank you both for your comments & input. Your thoughts are most appreciated.

Question - I had a repeat dream with a wise old man character. I first had the dream when I was a young child then again recently. In the recent dream there are minor changes from before which probably incorporate life changes in adulthood but the essence of the dream remains the same. He is the keeper of all higher attributes (compassion, patience, kindness, wisdom, etc). I choose what attribute/s I want and he tells me how to attain that which I seek.

Why does my psyche seek these typically feminine qualities through a male aspect? Is this relevant to my inner self/life journey?

Kind regards,
Kathy

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Kathy,
The Wise Old Man symbolism as a child probably has to do with as much with actual life experiences, when you were a child. Was there a male figure early in life that you thought of as wise? Your father, a grandfather?
You obviously have an intuitive understanding of the psyche process. The Wise Old Man in a woman's dream is normally the animus speaking. {see Anima/Animus at left column}. The wisdom of this aspect is to help balance the psyche. You probably have a personality that has incorporated the wisdom of the wise self and this aspect is a dominant force in your personality.

There should always be caution that this masculine aspect does not dominant too much. Many women today are showing signs of this. Watch a woman driving her SUV. All too often she is as unruly as a man when in this position. The power can be intoxicating, while all along it is dismanteling the feminine aspect and creating an imbalance.

But I don't believe you have this problem. Use the words of the Wise Old Man as a source of information as you have in the past. It is relevant to your life's journey because it has influence in a positive way, unlike the woman in her SUV. For anyone who seeks advice from their inner self, it is always an advantage to have such aspects as a guide. It is strong and powerful, but less so than the feminine.
Gerard

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Gerard,
I view my father and mother along with Nelson, my 'godfather' of sorts, as wise people. In the dream the character Mr. Lee is a very old Chinese man. This probably reflects on my Asian heritage.

The attribute/s I sought is the only part of the dream I don't consciously remember however I know the seed is planted in the unconscious. I feel it. I'll need to observe what I experience in life to determine what attribute I sought as the lesson should repeatedly present itself until I attain it.

I was somewhat confused by part of the ending -

Then I tell Mr. Lee I want to be like him and have a candy store just like his. I want to learn to be as wise, kind and gentle as he is. He replies "I (Mr. Lee)am not as wise, kind and gentle as I (me) believe him to be. You are more wise, kind and gentle than you think you are. Follow your heart as it will take you where you want to go.”

- where he states he is not as wise, kind and gentle as I believe him to be. In the dream I held him in high reverence. With your last sentence I now understand that because it is a male aspect it knows it is lesser to the inner female and communicates such.

Thanks a gadzillion!
Kathy

Kathy,
The fact that in the dream the character Mr. Lee is a very old Chinese man fits with the wise old man motif I spoke of. It gets into archetypal imagery which speaks to the level of understanding you possess. Eastern masters of knowledge are much more meaningful opthan those of Western philosophy.

If you have not already I suggest you read some of Joseph Campbell's works. Perhaps his dictate to 'Follow your blizz' will speak to you and help address in what direction you should strive for in your personal growth. There is a level of knowledge that is beyond that of ordinary knowledge. It is in the 'bliss station' that this realization becomes available to the receptive psyche.
Joseph Campbell
Gerard

Hi Gerard,
Thanks for the recommendation. I'm currently reading Campbell's Hero with a Thousand Faces & rereading Jung's Man & His Symbols. I’m learning much through Campbell and will continue on with his other works.

Thrugh Campbell I've found dream interpretation is improved. But I may be experiencing carry over into my dreams. Last week I had a dream where after the dream closed while still asleep I heard my voice say 'Now what does this mean?". The dream began to replay with my voice 'narrating' the dream as the item was opened, like the petals of a flower opening, and the meaning revealed. I thought it odd, questioning why am I interpreting a dream while I'm asleep? This isn't right. Is ego interferring? My understanding felt very fluid so I kept going. Still not sure what it was so I shelved it. I'll revist it in the future.

Thanks again,
Kathy

Kathy,
It is not unusal to have such an event occur. The dream is merely reflecting something in your life that has become important. Dreams take events from previous days prior to a dream and either use thm as metaphors for some other aspect of your life, the deeper aspects, or merely replay events that are up front in your life. Listen to the dream no matter how strange it may seem. There may be messages offered to you that shines new light on things you are trying to work through. There have been many instances where scientists or artists have found answers to a troubling question in their dreams. Albert Einstein is said to have come up with the final solution to relativity.
Gerard

stats from 7-14-10 to the present