Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rivals, crowns and grapes

Hi,
I had a dream last night that was the strangest I've had in a long time.
I was at a party, sort of an old fashioned dance, I was dressed in a pretty white gown. I remember that I was waiting for someone, a man who finally showed up. We danced, what i think was suppossed to be a waltz, but much faster then any I've danced in real life. I felt very safe and happy, being in his arms.
I recall there was a woman there, didn't look like anyone I've met in real life, but I knew somehow that she was rival. As I approached her a sparkling crown appeared on my head. It didn't fit and kept falling off, so someone nearby handed me one that did. I went up to her and told her that I was a princess. She seemed surprised and disappointed.
Then I went to a house. It was mine, thought it didn't look like anywhere I've ever lived. The man from the dance walked me there then told me good bye. I knew he had special gifts and important thingsd to do. It sounds stupid, but I think he was kind of like Superman. I was sad to see him go , but I knew we were going to see each other soon.
I went inside. The house might have been lit by candles. It was dimly lit in red anyhow. I went upstairs and stood by the bed. I knew I had to pack to go somewhere, and that when I got to where i was going. But before I packed I stood by the bed and ate green grapes and my cat came into the room and seemed impatient fr me to start packing. There was maybe someone else there, thought I never saw him and it was like he told me that we had set up the house to trick anyone who came after me and that this man and I would be happy and safe where we were going, even if the trip was scary.
Then I woke up.

Am I suppossed to include relevent real life info? I f not, don't keep reading.
My boyfriend left me 2 weeks ago and I'm not dealing well. I really feel we're suppossed to be together and I hope he'll come back eventually. I do have a cat an d he misses my BF, we lived together.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28, Los Angeles, CA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Rivals, crowns and grapes

Hi Melissa,
Your personal information does help in dream interpretation. Often a single dream has multiple meanings reflecting personal life events, spirituality and your psychological ‘station’ in life’s journey, and more, all at the same time. As noted in other posts an interpretation is a starting point. The dreamer must look at the interpretation to determine if it feels right. Then additional depth can be ascertained from follow up discussion and posts. Following is a breakdown of what I think the dream may be addressing. But again, the interpretation must fit with the dreamer, not the interpreter. Please share your thoughts so we may learn from this experience.

With kind regards,
Kathy

I was at a party, sort of an old fashioned dance; I was dressed in a pretty white gown.

Being a part of something, the dance of life or dancing around a problem you should be giving attention to. This could address clothing your self in an actual or perceived persona in the situation. White often means purity, innocence, happiness, etc. Look to your personal definition of white, what does it feel like to you?

I remember that I was waiting for someone, a man who finally showed up. We danced, what I think was supposed to be a waltz, but much faster then any I've danced in real life. I felt very safe and happy, being in his arms.

Waiting could be literally waiting. The man is likely a male aspect residing within your self. Joining with this male aspect in the dance of life comforts you. You need the masculine traits within you for balance in dealing with the world at large in waking life.
On the personal level this could represent waiting on your boyfriend to return to the relationship desiring that level of outside male support reflecting how you felt in the relationship.

I recall there was a woman there, didn't look like anyone I've met in real life, but I knew somehow that she was rival. As I approached her a sparkling crown appeared on my head. It didn't fit and kept falling off, so someone nearby handed me one that did. I went up to her and told her that I was a princess. She seemed surprised and disappointed.

Here possibly the ego assumes your feminine persona to mask itself attempting to undermine the inner feminine by denoting it as a negative aspect. As you approach the inner feminine the initiation into higher awareness doesn’t yet come into your self. You accept what you think is that awareness from another aspect however your inner feminine knows this is not a real or true self awareness so feels disappointment. Again, on the personal level the rival in this dream could represent an actual rival for your boyfriend’s attentions whether it is work, another woman, his desire for freedom or some other circumstance.

Then I went to a house. It was mine, thought it didn't look like anywhere I've ever lived. The man from the dance walked me there then told me good bye. I knew he had special gifts and important thingsd to do. It sounds stupid, but I think he was kind of like Superman. I was sad to see him go , but I knew we were going to see each other soon.

The house is you, the whole of your aspects. The Superman character is probably the animus (inner male self) of which you encompass the highest ideal of your perfect male. His special gifts are those masculine traits you hold important such as safety, security, provider, etc. As females, we often let go our inner masculine for reliance on external masculinity of our partners. The sadness could be a reflection of that suppression or loss of your own inner masculine. Also a reflection on the loss of the external masculine you may have relied on during the relationship.

I went inside. The house might have been lit by candles. It was dimly lit in red anyhow. I went upstairs and stood by the bed. I knew I had to pack to go somewhere, and that when I got to where i was going. But before I packed I stood by the bed and ate green grapes and my cat came into the room and seemed impatient fr me to start packing. There was maybe someone else there, thought I never saw him and it was like he told me that we had set up the house to trick anyone who came after me and that this man and I would be happy and safe where we were going, even if the trip was scary.
Then I woke up.

You look to your inner self for that you depended on or received from the external masculine, you look for your inner masculine aspect. Red could signify survival, passion, anger, etc. You seek out that which is ‘imbedded’ within you. You pause to contemplate or incorporate this inner growth or awareness. The cat may be your inner feminine showing impatience with waiting. Ready to move on, move forward. The trip probably represents life itself, that can be scary, but by realizing and utilizing the male traits of survival, self reliance, etc you’re reassuring yourself that you will survive and move beyond your current situation.

In essence this dream probably describes both your current personal situation with your relationship ending and addresses deeper levels of your development. With your boyfriend gone, you’ve returned to a position of self reliance. It may be focusing not on what you’ve lost, in the relationship, but rather on your own resilience, self awareness and what you now must do not only to survive but also to grow and flourish by seeking and joining or reuniting the feminine and masculine within you.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Rivals, crowns and grapes

Melissa,
Take what Kathy had to say into account, she made some really good points. The dream may be addressing your inner masculine side, as well as other inner feminine aspects that are unknwon tp you.

The dream as it may have to do with your break-up with your boyfriend.

I can see within your dream the waking events as they pretain to your breakup with your boyfriend. The celebration {party} was in the past, when you were with your boyfriend on good terms. You were happy in this place, you danced to life.

But there are unknowns. The woman who is unfamiliar, and the house that is unfamiliar. This may be your state of mind after the breakup, you are in unknown territory, you have never been in this situation {didn't look like anywhere I've ever lived}. The crown that you wore when you were with your boyfriend doesn't fit anymore {the break-up}. Deep down you still feel you are qualified to be a princess but the crown given to you that does fit isn't a part of who you are in your new life without your boyfriend.

The unknown house is that life also, the life you are in at the moment. The man of the dance has said good-bye. He was your Superman. You probably will see him again but not in the same arrangement prior to the break-up.

Your life seems dimmly lit. There is sorrow, perhaps anger {the color red}. You are having to comtimplate life without your boyfriend, taking a new direction {packing your bags and going on a trip you know not where}. The grapes may represent the possibilty of new opportunties in your life {fruit} but your feminine self {cat} is impatient and afraid of the possible changes. The future is scary but you think there are good possibilities of getting your man back.

The dream, in its own unusual way, is addressing the situation in your waking life. Obviously there were reasons behind the break-up {possibly to do with this other woman, another aspect of your personality}. Motsly the dream is addressing how to manage your emotions in these stressful times, and what to do next. That's what dreams do, help sort out the details of your waking life. Part of the problem here may be that unfamiliar aspect within yourself that changes and may be the root of the break-up. Are you an emotional person, something that got in the way in the relationship with your boyfriend? This emotional aspect may also be what the dreams is trying to address.

Note: The unknown qualities within your dream {the woman and the house} are probably addressing your waking life as it stands today. But it may also be getting to the root of your emotions, something within your past. Jung tells us dreams tend to have at least two menaings. One addresses the current situation in your life and the other the underlying root to your emotional life.
Question? Were you a daddy's girl as a child? Was ther some jealousy torward another female in your life as a child, a sibling or your mother? If so then your emotional state of mind today probably reflects that benign experience in life as a child. As strange as it may seem, instances such as a childhood experience, even though benign, can carry through adulthood and influence your actions. Your reactionas a child would reflect your actions as an adult, unconsciously driven. Some food for thought.

Let me know your thoughts to my interpretation. Perhaps that will give further clues as to what the dream message is.
Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present