Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
handbag dream

Hi,

I had this funny piece of dream. It does not feel anything important, but is funny and I think I saw it the night before, too.

I'm in a cash register line in the store. I'm going to buy a handbag. Or I don't even remember if I'm buying anything. But then there is a classy stylish woman, who has her shopping cart full of handbags from the store, among other things. She is going to buy all of them, maybe, but at least a lot. She must really like them. It is like she has a habit of having a separate matching handbag for each of her dress/outfit. She looks stylish and does not pay too much attention to anybody. I think what a funny woman full of her own plans. I'm doing just fine with my only one piece of handbag I own.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 39

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

Re: handbag dream

Orchid,
Handbags carry many of our valuables, or values. In your case, in the context of your dream, I believe it may have to do with your identity, which you may value very much. The fact that she {the woman in your dream, an aspect of yourself} has a habit of buying a matching handbag for each of her dress/outfit suggests that perhaps unconsciously you are concerned about how others perceive you. Consciously you have staked out a position, principles you live by, that you feel comfortable with {I'm doing just fine with my only one piece of handbag I own}. That last sentence suggests that you are not one who tries to conform to a situation or event, as most people do, but are comfortable with who you are. But unconsciously, and this is a reasonable fear for someone who is a non-conformist, you are concerned how others do perceive you.

If you are such a type {non-conformist} then I think the dream is trying to communicate a unresolved question you face daily. If you are not this type, then the dream is probably painting a picture of someone who does conform to each situation, puts on a face that applies to that situation to please everyone. I think the first observation is true. What do you think?
Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Re: handbag dream

Thanks Gerard,

I think the first option sounds good. I am worried what do other people think about me and the unusual things that I am really attracted to. Those "things" have been satisfying and are like part of my personality.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 39

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

stats from 7-14-10 to the present