Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Stonehenge

I dreamt last night that i was looking in this picture frame. Inside this picture frame, the image was moving, like a Harry Potter kind of thing. The image was of Stone henge, and my dad who passed away 8 years ago was sitting on top of one of the big stones.
The weather behind him was beautiful.
I just do not understand why and what this means. Please can you help me.

Thank You.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 26, Northampton

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Stonehenge

Sandra,
My first impression, WOW!, what a metaphysical dream with the symbolism. Harry Potter is definitely metaphysical, and so is Stonehenge, a well documented spiritual place. Looking inside a picture frame suggests you are looking inside yourself, an inner search, something many people consider metaphysical. Seeing the image moving is something in your life that is moving, or is ready to move, perhaps to another phase or aspect in life.

Th significance of the symbolism of Stonehenge and Harry Potter may have some deeper spiritual meaning for you personally, if not literal then metaphorical {symbolically}. In your dream I see it as a representation of spiritual wisdom {your father being a spirit, and the metaphysical representation of Stonehenge and Harry Potter the metaphyiscal wisdom of the dream. It is also a symbol for the wise masculine aspect, the wizard {Harry Potter} who has the power to transform. Perhaps the move will transform you in some way.

What does it mean?

If I answer correctly then I win a million dollars. But let me try. We can work out the details over the million dollars later.

I sense from the dream that perhaps you are ready to move on in some phase of your life. It may have to do with you father. In the dream he is the wise one. And he is spirit. And his world is beautiful {the beautful weather}. Are you still carrying some emotions concerning your dad? Is it time to move on?
As a symbol for the wise masculine aspect, it would fit the dream message also. It takes will, courage and determination to move on to the next phase, a masculine trait. This is an aspect within yourself {looking into the picture frame}. Most often these aspects affected have to do with emotions. Perhaps you are ready for a spiritual quest, or an aspect having to do with creativity. I will bet the rent it is metaphysical.

I look forward to your response. Metaphysical dreams are important and those having to do with changes in life are even more important.
Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Re: Stonehenge

Thank You for your very quick response.

I do have to agree that i have had trouble trying to get on with my life without my dad. We were not that close but he was my dad and i feel the loss.

I recently got my degree finals results and i found that i failed my law degree. The shock and dissapointment, i cant express how i feel right now.

I assumed that the dream had something to do with these results.

I think subconsciencely, i have been thinking about change and not persuing to retake these exams and to give up. I think part of me thinks i am a failure.
Hence, when you wrote
'Seeing the image moving is something in your life that is moving, or is ready to move, perhaps to another phase or aspect in life.'

I think is very true and i do agree with you. The 'spiritual wisdom', is something i think i am comparing it to, that i used to believe in religion and just recently realised i dont have the faith to continue in something false. I have been taking the path on astronomy and have just recently bought myself some books on palmistry.

Its quite bizzare how i dreamt of stonehenge as i hadn't thought or come across anything to remotely symbolise stonehenge.

I just remember feeling quite calm. My dad looked very young and so healthy.

Although i just said about religion and faith, i have been searching for inner peace for so long. Do you think it could possibly be that my dream by having stonehenge that there are other directions to 'spiritiual wisdom'.

I am so sorry if i am ranting too much!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Sandra,
My first impression, WOW!, what a metaphysical dream with the symbolism. Harry Potter is definitely metaphysical, and so is Stonehenge, a well documented spiritual place. Looking inside a picture frame suggests you are looking inside yourself, an inner search, something many people consider metaphysical. Seeing the image moving is something in your life that is moving, or is ready to move, perhaps to another phase or aspect in life.

Th significance of the symbolism of Stonehenge and Harry Potter may have some deeper spiritual meaning for you personally, if not literal then metaphorical {symbolically}. In your dream I see it as a representation of spiritual wisdom {your father being a spirit, and the metaphysical representation of Stonehenge and Harry Potter the metaphyiscal wisdom of the dream. It is also a symbol for the wise masculine aspect, the wizard {Harry Potter} who has the power to transform. Perhaps the move will transform you in some way.

What does it mean?

If I answer correctly then I win a million dollars. But let me try. We can work out the details over the million dollars later.

I sense from the dream that perhaps you are ready to move on in some phase of your life. It may have to do with you father. In the dream he is the wise one. And he is spirit. And his world is beautiful {the beautful weather}. Are you still carrying some emotions concerning your dad? Is it time to move on?
As a symbol for the wise masculine aspect, it would fit the dream message also. It takes will, courage and determination to move on to the next phase, a masculine trait. This is an aspect within yourself {looking into the picture frame}. Most often these aspects affected have to do with emotions. Perhaps you are ready for a spiritual quest, or an aspect having to do with creativity. I will bet the rent it is metaphysical.

I look forward to your response. Metaphysical dreams are important and those having to do with changes in life are even more important.
Gerard

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Re: Re: Stonehenge

hi sabrina,
just a little something extra,with regard to gerards and your own comments.
stonehenge is also a giant mandala on the landscape,with one exception,as an ancient structure it is incomplete,and as a spiritual symbol,a shaddow of its former self, part of it is missing,this could represent the feelings you have stressed with regard to your father and your life after his passing,and your degree results,(circles are measured in degrees).
as gerard has stated,wow,a metaphysical dream.
stonehenge was a spiritual centre for the ancient britons and celts,its part of our landscape,and part of our psyche.
maybe your new found interest in the astronomy/astrology, is related to the stonehenge symbol aswell,as it was also a giant astronomical callendar.
with regards to your loss of faith in religion,
perhaps you are now looking in the right place.
right beneath your feet,welcome home!
regards steve.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 49 england

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

Re: Re: Re: Stonehenge

Sabrina,
Thanks for the detailed response. It shines new light on your dream and its possible message{s}.

Let's examine the picture frame and the moving image.
The image is moving like a 'Harry Potter' kind of thing. Harry Potter is about wizards and learning magic. Your path on astronomy and palmistry best fits Harry's life. Many consider astronomy {when embrased as a spiritual idea} and palmistry as wizardtry {is that a word?}. Your rejection of organized religion {welcome to the club} is most likely what the Harry Potter contation is about. Such ideas are consider as 'witches brew' in the eyes of the Christian church.

Further Info: Astronomy is not to be confused with astrology, which assumes that people's destiny and human affairs in general are correlated to the apparent positions of astronomical objects in the sky -- although the two fields share a common origin, they are quite different; astronomers embrace the scientific method, while astrologers do not.. Yet the two fields are closely related and the shared ideas often lead to one another.

The image becomes Stonehenge is definitely spiritual. And mystical. As Steve stated in his thoughtful response, 'Stonehenge an ancient structure that is incomplete'. Now if we take your spiritual endeavors and compare it to Stonehenge we can say your spiritual path is now just beginning, and incomplete. I think this part of the dream is addressing your spiritual aspects.

As for the bar exam. I would look to the father image in your dream to address that possible aspect. Since there are no clues in your dream as to your waking experiences having to do with your getting your law degree, the only possible connection I see is that of the wisdom of your father. Perhaps you should ask him what you should do next with your education, whether to proceed or to move on to something else. By that I mean if your father were alive what would his advice be? Is there a clear indication what that might be? I see his sitting on top of Stonehenge as a message that 'yes, your new spiritual endeavors is the correct path for you to take'. My reasoning for that is the
Campbillian factor, to follow your bliss, do that thing that the soul requires, more so than what society expects. That is all about the spiritual quest and the stages that the hero/heroine must undergo to find the true spiritual identity.

But by following the soul doesn't necessarily mean that you should drop all your plans as it has to do with your waking life. If you can fit the two together then both are apart of your path.
The hero ventures forth from the world of common day into a region of supernatural wonder: fabulous forces are there encountered and a decisive victory is won: the hero comes back from this mysterious adventure with the power to bestow boons on his/her fellow }

But, if the social requirement {getting your law degree} impedes your spiritual/creative endeavors, it is the spiritual path that is most important and the social duty requirements are negated to the back burner. If you fail to follow your heart, it will follow you the rest of your life {Or until mid-life when you are offered a second chance}.

Personal Note
That is what happened in my life. Psychology has always been of great interest for me but it was not until I was 42 that I actually made it a part of my life. Today I am doing what my soul requires. It is definitely the right thing for me.
But I still have to face the social dragon. I work 6 months out of the year on average with my own business, and the rest of the time is put toward my creative self, my soul's interest.

I don't see clear evidence as to the dream trying to communicate what to do next with your obtaining a law degree, other than the possible wisdom of your father. I do think you should take that into context. But the underlying metaphysical message of any dream is to follow the soul {psyche is Greek for soul}. What is it that you really want to do in life and not just that thing that is required of you in society. It is to be a lawyer and it can fit with the soul adventure, then that is fine. But it is the soul's adventure {as documented in the spiritual quest of all those who have gone before us, as in the myths of all cultures} that should be listened to. And as you live life it will become clear that you have indeed chosen the right path.

I know this may be confusing. To put it into simple words, do what you intuitively know is the thing that your heart/soul really wishes to do. Part of that is spiritual/metaphysical, there is no doubt in my mind about that. You have openned the doors to enlightenment by rejecting man's dogma {patriarchal submission of the feminine} and have to explore other possibilities {astronomy and plamistry}. The quest to spiritual fulfillment begins by questioning, not only the authority of organized religion but also the authority that society puts on us to do as it directs, and not as what the soul requires.
Does getting a law degree impede your spiritual quest? If you should continue your education would that benefit your spiritual needs later in life? And one question that must be looked at no matter what the great sages in life may dictate {Jung and Campbell are my sages}. How do you survive in today's world, the phsyical necessities of making a living? If you do decide to forsake the law degree be assured that there will be helping hands there to help you in what ever profession you ultimately decide upon in life. That is a benefit of the spiritual quest, the hero/heroine has the helping hands of fate to guide them on their path, as long as they stay the path.
What is best for you in your life? Follow the heart, do that thing that fulfills the soul. It may involve continuing with getting your law degree. It may not. What would your father say? But most importantly, What is it that your soul desires?

A long response on my part but I believe it necessary to help convey what I have learned from the sages of the dream quest. Please feel free to answer in what ever way you feel approperiate. Rambling is a part of the dialog here at the Forum. Say whatever comes to your mind, and heart.
Gerard

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Re: Re: Re: Stonehenge

Steve,
Very good and sound advice. I appreciate the imput your wise Self has to offer. The symbols of spiritual nourishment are not always understood by the ordinary mind. Enlightened souls such as you offer tools to help better understand the nature of the soul. Thanks for being there.
Gerard

Sabrina,
One more observation that may or may not apply to getting your law degree. In the image of your father as an aspect of your psyche, the masculine qualities that you possess would include discipline. Not only is this important in successes in our everyday waking experiences, but is also relevant in spiritual disciplines. If this is applied to your continuing your education, perhaps it has merit in that you need discipline to continue on dispite the initial failure to pass the bar examin. If in your experience your father says stay the course and do not abandon your quest for a law degree, this may fit. For more on thye masculine qualities of the psyche see Anima/Animus in left column of this page.

But in the final analysis, the path is always of following your bliss, first and foremost. Take all I have said into context, then follow your heart.
Gerard

I think it is my turn to say 'wow'!

Thank you Steve and Gerard for both responses.

I tried so hard for this degree and yet getting this far and failing, is a huge dissapointment mentally. Maybe it is time for me to to leave that part of my life, if it was meantt to be, it would have happened..wouldn't it?

I have spell books, crystals, tarot cards, but it was something that i have been doing for years. It was never something like i went into a book shop and bought every book about the 'other' life. It just happened, looking at my book shelf, i am amazed at all my learning books on astronomy.

How did i get to this stage, without anybody guiding me? If this dream is showing me a new path, and the stonehenge from what Gerard and Steve have stated, then new about leaving law in my dreams before i came to my final decision. How strange is that!

I have spoken to many psychics in the past 8 years and yet i still never feel comfortable in talking to my father, yet i actually feel his presence around me.

I am not sure if it is a gift or something genetic aspect, but i seem to know what people are feeling emotionally. And sometimes i wish i didn't, as i have come to realise some people are in denial of themselves, and some people do not appreciate being told how they feel.

I can understand the picture frame, is me looking at myself. I wish i knew what my fathers advice would be, i was 18 when he passed away. And i have nobody to talk to about this, is he sitting on the rocks telling me that he is there?

With regards to society, i think this is why i think i am a failure. I look at failure within myself as very negative and assume people think that of me aswell. I don't think that of others, just very harsh critisims of myself.

Could i get a career on this new path?There is nothing i can do.i stumbled on this law degree and believed i could do something for myself. What i really wanted to do was pyschology, but it is too late to start something new with the student loans, i have a wonderful patient partner and it wouldn't be fair for him to work while i do another degree.

I have always been the rule braker, which is quite ironic as i was studying law, so maybe if i find the path to take mybe i will be alot happier witrhin my abilities? My soul, mind and heart have different aspect of what i want. I would love to help the elderly and represent people that believe that society wins all the time, which is not true, but i have to think of what i would like in the future...i would like a family and a house..and what i would be doing would be for charity and how would that pay the bills?! Its amazing how society just creeps in and takes your dreams...

I am very amazed about stonehenge in my dreams, if i could drive i would love to see it. I do feel very compelled towards the history and mystical aspect.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Stonehenge

Sabrina,
Follow your heart, follow your bliss. But be warned it can be a tough road to take, as has been your endeavor to get a law degree. It takes discipline and perserverence, just like any endeavor you set out to accomplish. But there is one difference.

If you follow your bliss, you put yourself on a kind of track that has been there all the while, waiting for you, and the life that you ought to be living is the one you are living. Wherever you are -- if you are following your bliss, you are enjoying that refreshment, that life within you, all the time....Joseph Campbell

read more

On the subject of failure. The feelings you have of others seing you as a failure is something that was probably instilled within you earlier in life. But if you think about it you have broken the chain. Although you failed the bar exam {you were not alone. Unless you are in the top 10% of your class, 25% to 40% fail the first time}, it doesn't mean you are a failure. You succeded to a point where you knew that law was not 'your thing'. How many people wish they could get that far, and never even try.

Now, if you were taking a test on a subject that is close to your heart, and one that you put as much energy into as earning a law degree, you would pass in the top 10%. That is success. By doing that thing the heart yearns for, you naturally will be succesfull at it. Gauge success by what the soul requires and not by what society expects. As you said yourself, your gift is elsewhere. Screw society, do that thing that fulfills your heart's expectations.

One final note about the bliss thing. You say you have a wonderful partner. Be sure to consult him with any new direction you wish to take in life. And although you did not pass your law exam you still have those skills to rely on while you work toward your bliss. That is what I am doing, working half the time to feed, shelter and clothe myself {and my two feminine felines} and the other half putting toward by bliss {dreams and continue creating Myths-Dreams-Symbols}. One day, and I know it will come, I will be able to put all my energies toward my bliss.
That is the message of the myths, when you follow your heart's path. Spirituality is a part of that path {not to confuse religion with spirituality}. Doing the what the soul desires is finding the Holy Grail. It is within you, you need only bring it out.

If you are interested in psychology you may want to start right here with Carl Jung. He is a part of my bliss, and with his help and by understanding the core of my being, psychology, I have unshackled the chains that society placed on me. That is what following your bliss will do. But it is up to you to do the work. The helping hands of faith will assist you.

From the Power of Myth

Bill Moyers: Do you ever have the sense of... being helped by hidden hands?

Joseph Campbell: All the time. It is miraculous. I even have a superstition that has grown on me as a result of invisible hands coming all the time - namely, that if you do follow your bliss you put yourself on a kind of track that has been there all the while, waiting for you, and the life that you ought to be living is the one you are living. When you can see that, you begin to meet people who are in your field of bliss, and they open doors to you. I say, follow your bliss and don't be afraid, and doors will open where you didn't know they were going to be.

Good luck. And make sure to stop by the DreamForum and keep us posted on your path. You may find as I did that myth and dreams are intuitively a part of your bliss.

Gerard

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Stonehenge

Hi Sabrina,
I have just read your dream and the discussions - it is great to have this forum to be able to air and learn through each other's journey.
Another aspect of stonhenge is it's intimate realtionship to astromony - as I recall it is precisely aligned ... so that at certain significant times the sun will cast it's light in a pre-ordained place ,,,, this might be 'illuminating' to look into ,,,, please let us know how this dream and your journey reveal themselves to you
Justin

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 46

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Brisbane / Australia

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Stonehenge

Hi Justin

Thank you very much.

Failing this degree, should have made me want to just give up, but i for some reason i don't want to. Then a good friend of mine said that maybe the reason why i don't want to give up is because my father is pushing me. Which was a nice thought.

I am still trying to find myself, but i also battle being a libra, therefore by failing has made me feel very unbalanced.

I did however 'bump' into a spiritualist and she said that she can see that the law degree is well suited and that these failures are just minor obstacles.

Right now, i still feel something from this dream, so i will nt give up.

Thank you
Sabrina

stats from 7-14-10 to the present